Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 13:25   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
That's not correct. Ratan Tata clearly mentioned that the car will be priced at Rs. 1 Lac except for VAT and Transportation in the hands of the customer. With VAT, Transportation, Insurance and Road Tax, final price should not be more than 1.3 Lacs.
+1 for the view...
Old 10th January 2008, 13:25   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the car in a newchannel at the time of launch,the car looks very good and has a 33 hp engine.

The good part is its more spacious than a maruti 800 and meets all safety and emission norms.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:27   #288
BHPian

Kudos to Ratan Tata for believing in his dream. Car looks real cute. Hats off to the engineers who helped realize this cute car....
Old 10th January 2008, 13:27   #289
Senior - BHPian

I really feel proud to be an indian! Kudos tata!! Osamu suzuki, and all others who made fun of the car, Go dunk your head in the toilet!!!

Last edited by JayD : 10th January 2008 at 13:30.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:28   #290
BHPian

amazing beautiful..

Hats of to TATA.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:29   #291
BHPian

Tata Nano - Not a nano feat by any stretch of imagination in World Automotive league

Here's to quote, Sir Ratan Tata....''Since, promise is a promise the standard dealer version will cost Rs 1 lakh,''

Impressive business integrity...opening the flood-gates of competition to all who can bear the heat of Indian consumerism.

Personally i think, this is a revolution in the making.

Cheers to an Indian Entreprenuership.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:29   #292
SUV
BHPian

base

Here you go ... Customise the Nano ...
Old 10th January 2008, 13:30   #293
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A day of unreal levels of pride and respect from all of us at Team-BHP. I am sure the car (so far) has exceeded the expectations that everyone had of it.......the Nano looks pretty darn cool!! Certainly not as basic as a 1 lac price would indicate. And if Tata says it has more space than the 800, he well means it.

I love the design panache of the air-vents below the rear door, to cool the engine. The high stance will lead to far easier ingress/egress.

Challenge? To offer efficient service support to 5,00,000 customers per year. Existing dealers are already running overcapacity with the Indica / Indigo. And to maintain the quality at such a high level of mass-production.

Quote:
''the standard dealer version will cost Rs 1 lakh,'' said Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata.
Buttttttttttttttttttttttt some lack of clarity here? Dealer price is a lac OR ex-showroom price? On-road cost should be anywhere in the range of 1.25 - 1.35 lakhs and atleast another 10,000 - 15,000 higher for the air-con variant?

Nevertheless, Ratan Tata is the God of the Indian Automobile industry! He has nothing else to prove.

Last edited by GTO : 10th January 2008 at 13:32.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:30   #294
BHPian

Tata Nano - Not a nano feat by any stretch of imagination in World Automotive league

Here's to quote, Sir Ratan Tata....''Since, promise is a promise the standard dealer version will cost Rs 1 lakh,''

Impressive business integrity...opening the flood-gates of competition to all who can bear the heat of Indian consumerism.

Personally i think, this is a revolution in the making.

Cheers to Indian Entreprenuership.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:35   #295
Senior - BHPian

They have taken almost 4 years to come out with this. As Tata motors have said, the concept started wayback in 2003. Now, their dream has materialized. All other auto makers are mincing their words especially Suzuki MD who said he doubted the safety features and will not meet the emission norms.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:36   #296
BHPian

NANO, observations and inferences.

Wow , Wow..thats all what i can think the moment i saw it on tv; Well they have done pulled it off marvelously,leaving every critics mouth wide open in amazement.
Well, from the tv videos, this is what i can grasp of the car:
1.)Exterior:
Cute, that's just one word to describe it. A little of Matiz , something of Estilo and there it is the Nano. Front Windshield is quite large and so should provide a better view of road. Bonnet(actually is there a bonnet?) however is smaller than Matiz or Estilo. Well , you cannot say i have 33 bhp under my hood.
There is only one big wiper. Turn indicators are placed above the headlamps, all in one cluster- somewhat like earlier Wagon-R. Headlamp however is clear lens,cattish like, wrap around type. Bumpers are body coloured, have provision for fog lamps;except bumper grill front area is fully covered(like omni's frontal part).
Rear looks like that of a squeezed tata indica. A tata logo in middle , NANO to right. Tail lamp cluster is tallish like indica. The hatch could probably be opened to service the engine. I can notice lots of grills in rear bumper. So it can be concluded that the radiator is placed on lower side near to hatch door.So a hard rear ending by even auto MAY damage the radiator(should be investigated further).
Sides:There is one small cute indicator on either side of front apron. Front door area seems to have an air vent(may be a working one).OSRVM is extended arm out of the door(not just plain vanilla 800's).
All in all it looks like a forward slash matiz/estillo from sidewards.(hope i am able it convey it).
2.Interiors:
Well, there are actually better than expected.Because of its semi-tall boy type frame getting in and getting out should be easier (vis-a-vis 800/alto).The front seat head restraints are integrated (like i10) but not adjustable. The console is located centrally(Spark type) contains a speedo,telltale lights, circular knobs for blower and a/c . There are air vents on front passenger side also(circular type vent). (800 doesnot have passenger side vent).I think i noticed provision for ICE player also,didnot notice speaker grills though.
Rear leg space seem to be a bit better than 800/alto.
Hey, there is this parcel tray behind rear seat as well( no other space to store/stuff luggage).Steering wheel has 3-spoke type. Control sticks for wiper and turn/head lamp present. Didnot notice a head lamp levelling swith though.

An observation and speculation:
Because the car is euro 4 compliance and the Console is centrally located, TATAs might be using same chassis/engine for exports also( just by shifter steering column to left they can make LHD cars). Hence, the quality of initial batches of cars could be high enough.

Well, the car has worthy enough to be a city commuting champion, and even people with luxurious cars may look at this as a efficient city commuting option. The tata's have got a winner.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:37   #297
Senior - BHPian

There are 5 colours in luxury version and 4 in standard version.

base
Old 10th January 2008, 13:39   #298
Senior - BHPian

Interior Pic:
Old 10th January 2008, 13:41   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
NANO looks cute and comes for 1 Lac to the dealer and is expected to come for about 1.5L ~ 1.75L OnRoad.
Not really a 1 Lakh car then. The whole notion of the 1 lakh car meant a car for 1 lakh OTR.

Ah well if it is 1.75L OTR it will be good and the price act as a barrier of entry for some. Might keep the hordes of bad drivers I envisaged this bringing to our roads away.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:45   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Guys .. Check this link Tata Motors People's Car
Awesome website for an awesome car. They put a lot of honest effort to have this dream true.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks