Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 20:52   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Fiat is one of the most prestigious companies in Europe and has won the coveted Eurpean car of the year award more than any other company. Then what is wrong with Fiat for which somebody wont pay 9-10 lacs?
'European car for the year' award doesn't affect our common man much. FIAT has to work on the brand. As of now, only enthusiasts who know FIAT qualities will go for it.

These days, all their awards would give a better number than their monthly Indian sales!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
and then i shall post in the palio 1.6 vs swift ddis FTD thread.
We'll have a seperate shoot-out.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th December 2007 at 20:55.
Old 20th December 2007, 21:22   #47
BHPian

I have a feeling that these people know something that we dont. I am guessing govt may reduce the duties for CBUs (in particular the hatches) in the coming budget. That would bring a lot of hatches into striking territory. Or may be I am dreaming?

Palio 1.3 for 4.5L looks unbelievable. That would mean around 5-5.5 for the 90BHP one?
Wow x 2!
Old 20th December 2007, 21:42   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
IN QUEUE
Nov–Dec ’08: ALFA ROMEO CBU launch
Nov–Dec ’08: FERRARI pre-launch activities
Mid ’09: GRANDE PUNTO Produced at Ranjangaon
Early ’10: NEXT GEN PALIO produced at Ranjangaon

ON A ROLL
Feb ’08: PALIO 1.3 Multijet produced at Ranjangaon
April ’08: CINQUECENTO CBU from Italy
July ’08: BRAVA CBU from Italy
Sept ’08: LINEA produced at Ranjangaon
Wow, that's a lot of cars. I wonder if they will be built like tanks.
Old 20th December 2007, 21:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

This is a show dampener. All we might get right now is the 1.3 JTD in Palio. The rest of the real launches are actually quite far off that too with engines we have already seen and that too failing on the initial price point positioning.

Infact the Tata X1 with 1.3 JTD gives birth to more curiousity.
Old 21st December 2007, 00:34   #50
BHPian

i feel the 07 Palio looks better than the next gen, the next gen looks a bit like a bigger alto (with due respect to alto owners).
its my opinion.
anyway i hope the newer cars have the built that the FIAT cars are known for in India.
Old 21st December 2007, 09:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

IN QUEUE

Nov–Dec ’08: ALFA ROMEO CBU launch => Does Alfa really has brand image in India to compete with Merc and BMW?

Nov–Dec ’08: FERRARI pre-launch activities => This surely has the best brand image anywhere in the world.. Should should have its own Ferrari dealerships or at least TATA's premium dealers who would not screw up Ferrari..

Mid ’09: GRANDE PUNTO Produced at Ranjangaon => This is definately worth waiting... but wait.. not till '09.. By this time Italians must be roaming in all new Punto...

Early ’10: NEXT GEN PALIO produced at Ranjangaon => Is it really necessary?

ON A ROLL
Feb ’08: PALIO 1.3 Multijet produced at Ranjangaon => Most practical car... With combination of great handling and great mileage, this gonna do wonders for FIAT if priced below Swift that too almost 20-30K below..

April ’08: CINQUECENTO CBU from Italy => CBU gonna put it in reach of premium customers only...

July ’08: BRAVA CBU from Italy => Bravo CBU gonna take it SRV way... Rather SRV++ way...

Sept ’08: LINEA produced at Ranjangaon => Hmmm one of the main releases of next year... but please dont put 1.3, put 1.9 MJD..

Last edited by neoonwheels : 21st December 2007 at 09:29.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Nov–Dec ’08: FERRARI pre-launch activities => This surely has the best brand image anywhere in the world.. Should should have its own Ferrari dealerships or at least TATA's premium dealers who would not screw up Ferrari..
Now that is going to be a TATA showroom with a VARIED portfolio of cars!!!
1 Lac Car, Indica, Indigo, Safari, UV's (?), along with the Palio, Punto, Linea and their rich cousins: the Ferrari's, Alfa's, and maybe even some Jaguars and Land Rovers!!!

Good god! There goes the neighbourhood.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:14   #53
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
It must be something pretty exotic 10-12L for a Cinquecento?

I'm rolling on the floor with mirth. And this is coming from a FIAT lover.

The Palio 1.3 is good news though. But let's see how many will actually sell, as against the Indicas with the same engine. I doubt if the TATA salesmen will push the Palio.
a palio 1.3 MJD for 4.5... here i come FIAT. Should take Swift DDiS heads on. Maruti would regret the long waiting periods for DDiS then. FIAT officially annoce 1.3 MJD soon.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Now that is going to be a TATA showroom with a VARIED portfolio of cars!!!
1 Lac Car, Indica, Indigo, Safari, UV's (?), along with the Palio, Punto, Linea and their rich cousins: the Ferrari's, Alfa's, and maybe even some Jaguars and Land Rovers!!!

Good god! There goes the neighbourhood.
But ofcourse they will have different dealerships for the premium brand. Something like, how Navnit Motors has done, for Maruti there is a different showroom, for LR, RR & BMW there is a different showroom.

Knowing how good Tata salesman is a person who comes to buy a Ferrai will be convinced to buy a Indica by the sales man, "Sir ye mileage mast deyti hai, aur apko speedbreakers par bhi zada slow nahi karni padeygi gaadi, aur ek ferrari mein apko 25indica bhi mil jaye gi"
Old 21st December 2007, 14:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

was waiting for the punto!!!!
Fiat wake up...i wanna have the punto. Not interested in ferrari at the moment
Old 21st December 2007, 16:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
a palio 1.3 MJD for 4.5... here i come FIAT. Should take Swift DDiS heads on. Maruti would regret the long waiting periods for DDiS then. FIAT officially annoce 1.3 MJD soon.
This will be expected to be announced after Auto Expo. 1.3 JTD is coming for sure in few months time.

Linea will be available post sep 2008 and Punto will be in couple of months subsequent to that.

The Auto Expo will have F500 on display and the future of the same coming to india will decide subsequent to the Expo. Expect the FIAT stall in Expo equipped with a loads of stuff.
Old 21st December 2007, 16:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post

Sept ’08: LINEA produced at Ranjangaon => Hmmm one of the main releases of next year... but please dont put 1.3, put 1.9 MJD..
Linea and Bravo will be CBUs only, Linea will come with 1.3 JTD and 1.4 & 1.6 options. The car will be costing nearly 10 L to take Corolla etc.
Bravo will be priced around 15L.
Old 21st December 2007, 17:13   #58
BHPian

This is real good news. I was thinking to get Swift DDIS after my Palio 1.2. But now I can stay with Palio 1.3 multijet. It will be more fun if they launch 90bhp version of 1.3 multijet.
Old 21st December 2007, 18:02   #59
BHPian

I think Palio with 1.3 JTD was never an option until FIAT management decided to postpone the launch of Grande Punto and bring in the Linea first.

Good thinking indeed bcoz Palio 1.3 could be a better preposition considering budget of 4.5 could have more buyers than the Grande Punto (5.5 lacs).

Anyways its all on paper now but seems FIAT is damn serious and lets hope they arrive and sustain this time bcoz India needs good cars from Fiat.

Other manufacturers are looting Indians by either charging premium for there cars or bringing in sub standard products.
Old 21st December 2007, 20:21   #60
BHPian

Lets see if Fiat will announce their plans during the Delhi Auto Expo...
It will also be interesting to see if they do any cosmetic change to the exterior or interior for MJD Palio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks