Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 09:37   #451
BHPian

I not sure if the price is for Petrol or diesel, but the base according to TOI is 4.99L!

Elito
Old 10th January 2008, 10:29   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The top end model has everything parking sensors, sunroof, ABS, Alloys, Dual Airbags worth the amount.
ABS, Alloys, Dual Airbags are there in the middle version also.

The only things are extra in the higher end version are :
1. parking sensors
2. sunroof.
3. Projector lights.
and other some other minor differences that no one cares about.

for these three things why there is a difference of over 1.3 Lac.
Old 10th January 2008, 10:31   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
ABS, Alloys, Dual Airbags are there in the middle version also.

The only things are extra in the higher end version are :
1. parking sensors
2. sunroof.
3. Projector lights.
and other some other minor differences that no one cares about.

for these three things why there is a difference of over 1.3 Lac.
Not to forget, fully adjustable front seats and steering wheel.
Old 10th January 2008, 10:55   #454
BHPian

Even after Skoda fabia publishing their brochure our news paper (Economic Times) gets it so wrong and you feel they don't know what they are talking about.

Fabia diesel, petrol price tags to differ- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

"Unlike the current lot of hatchbacks, the Fabia will carry side air bags, projector headlamps, and climatronic air conditioning, while the anti-lock brake system will be standard on all variants. "

1. There are no side air bags as per the brochure there are only two side airbags.
2. There is no climatronic air conditioning either.
3. ABS is not available on all variants. It is only in the Ambiente and Elegance.

Looks like the news paper guys get paid by the pound and not by the quality content which could be the reason why they fill up the paper with all the trash.
Old 10th January 2008, 11:23   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. I am also eagerly waiting for more news. It has been more than 3 months since I eyed on this car. I was in the market for a car and I came across this car so I decided to postpone my purchase. I can only wait till March 10th then I have go buy whatever car that is out there.
it is in times like these that you feel like cursing your employers. i am desperate to go but dont get the time. its ok. weekend is round the corner. will surely let everyone know.
Old 10th January 2008, 12:57   #456
Senior - BHPian

there is a large full page advt of the fabia in toi.

lovely graphic work. totally different from the typical car advertising.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:25   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the news paper guys get paid by the pound and not by the quality content which could be the reason why they fill up the paper with all the trash.
The way the journos wrote a article calling the Fabia as Pabia, any feature is possible on paper
Old 10th January 2008, 13:31   #458
BHPian

Grr

I still dont know why they put that orange color in the lauch ad when they are not selling it
Old 10th January 2008, 14:20   #459
BHPian

Spoke to the dealer in Mumbai. Says the base diesel version is for 7.4 OTR here, going up to 8.9 for the Elegance. Only Elegance available in Petrol for the time being at 7.9 OTR here. Seems the pricing has been inspired by the Fusion.
Old 10th January 2008, 14:38   #460
BHPian

CAlled the dealer again to confirm the exact pricing ,he said
Classic -5.99
Ambiente -7.36 but on cucibcapacity they are saying its for 6.35 .DOnt know whats happening

Elegence for 7.98

Can anybody tell me what are the final prices.Is their website displaying prices now ?
Old 10th January 2008, 14:51   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Spoke to the dealer in Mumbai. Says the base diesel version is for 7.4 OTR here, going up to 8.9 for the Elegance. Only Elegance available in Petrol for the time being at 7.9 OTR here. Seems the pricing has been inspired by the Fusion.
and its sales figures?
Old 10th January 2008, 15:00   #462
Senior - BHPian

7.4L OTR in Mumbai means nearly 8L in B'lore. Are Skoda trying to fool people by pricing at this levels? Ahh..inspired by fusion pricing.

But the base variant is at 4.9L that is what has been quoted even in today's TOI. Donno whether it is petrol/diesel though.
Old 10th January 2008, 17:41   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
But the base variant is at 4.9L that is what has been quoted even in today's TOI. Donno whether it is petrol/diesel though.
Its for the petrol Active variant.
Old 11th January 2008, 05:11   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
7.4L OTR in Mumbai means nearly 8L in B'lore. Are Skoda trying to fool people by pricing at this levels? Ahh..inspired by fusion pricing.

I also think it is Petrol but they are not manufacturing it in the beginning because of the resource constraints. It will be looked at somewhere down the line.
Old 11th January 2008, 09:27   #465
BHPian

Had a look at Fabia yesterday at Vinayak Motors in Bangalore.

First impression - nicely designed exterior, I liked the headlamps, esp., with the projectors. The car looks the best from the front and rear three-quarters. The tyre size is good, 185/60/14.

Interior is typically skoda, understated. There was no biege treatment on any of the cars as seen on the red car posted by speedzak. I enquired about it and the sales guy said that it depends on the colour. Personally, I like the all-black interiors with fake aluminum inserts, gives it a sporty touch. The small diameter steering wheel feels good to hold.

Seats are on the harder side, but it has good thigh support, unlike many sedans. Rear is quite cramped actually, its a squeeze for three people.
As said earlier, the boot caught me by surprise, its quite huge.

There was no TD car, so driving impressions. I asked why they haven't put in a PD engine, he said it is PD, just like the one in the Laura!

Now, the price - its exorbitant!! Range starts at 7.5 lakhs and goes up to 9.08lakhs (diesel). As of now, there is only one petrol version priced at 8 lakh plus, that's about a lakh less than the top-end diesel. I said who would buy this car when you can get an SX4, NHC, etc., at the same price, he snaps back saying brand value, status, blah blah.

It has a waiting period of 2 months. The 1.2 petrol will be available later this year. Will I buy the car? Yes, if its were priced a lakh lesser. One lakh more than the swift diesel is the maximum. Lets see how it does on the sales chart.

Some pics...

Rear lamps

Alloys

Projectors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks