Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 16:02   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
will anyone confirm the releasing date of Dzire
I am waiting for buying a Diesel car for more than 3 months.
Planned to buy either GetZ Crdi,Verna Crdi,Swift DDis,Fiat Palio MJD and now i included Dzire too.
Verna Crdi will be available in 1 week and GetZ Crdi after 2-3 weeks and Swift DDis Vdi+ABS 3 Months.
Palio MJD and Dzire yet to release.

My option
1.GetZ Crdi if with ABS otherwise interchange 1 & 2
2.DZire
3.Fiat Palio MJD
4.Swift DDis
5.Verna (last but not worst.it's a proven car and any of the listed car is not fit to me i just go for Verna Sx Crdi ABS.No other way :()
You have the budget for the Verna crdi and still looking at Dezire?? Verna's looks are subjective but it looks much much better than Dezire for sure. And as you said, it's a proven car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
Exactly right BUSA.When swift launched no one was happy with its design and was comparing its rear view with Frog ( no offense) , I also did not like the shape at all in the beginning ,but now I am the proud owner of Swift VDI and its one of the hot hatch in the market.

Same case with Logan ,everyone commented that this model is going to be a flop show.But Now I can see more number of Logan's in Bangalore City
I still dont like the back of the swift. The fronts are Ok. But once inside and driving, I dont mind anything
Old 25th February 2008, 17:55   #212
Senior - BHPian

every penny should be spent in a meaningful way correct praveen.
If we get the raw power and comfort by spending 7L why should we look 9+L car.For Status Symbol.Nope.I don't need people judge my status on seeing my car.My Car is for pleasure and comfy ride and not to shown off my status and I too travel only A to B in Chennai City traffic.So hatch is better than car with trunk.But i love Verna PS:we have a Verna SX Crdi in my family.so thinking of some other model.
Old 25th February 2008, 19:08   #213
Senior - BHPian

If you can wait for few months you can get a Fiat Linea Diesel. I dont think
you should opt for the Verna now. If you can wait try either Fiat Linea or
facelifted Fiesta. Both should be out after June '08
Old 25th February 2008, 22:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
every penny should be spent in a meaningful way correct praveen.
If we get the raw power and comfort by spending 7L why should we look 9+L car.For Status Symbol.Nope.I don't need people judge my status on seeing my car.My Car is for pleasure and comfy ride and not to shown off my status and I too travel only A to B in Chennai City traffic.So hatch is better than car with trunk.But i love Verna PS:we have a Verna SX Crdi in my family.so thinking of some other model.
Hmm.. so you prefer a hatch but you love verna but you dont want to go for verna. Can you ever get more confused?? Maybe you can ask hundai to release a hatch version of Verna crdi and make hyundai go the opposite way to maruti.

IMO C-segment cars are not status symbols but are practical vehicles which a upper middle class man can easily afford. The status symbol comes into picture only from the D-segment with civic's, skoda's and the like (I'm talking about india!!)

Of course, every penny should be spent carefully. But if you want driving pleasure and also want to spend less, you need to make some compromises and this varies for each buyer. The thing is if you can narrow down to a single segment you can choose between two/three in your list without much difference in your spending. But once you go across segments, then you obviously need to shell out more for a car in the next segment

If you take verna out of your list then I would say Swift DDiS but the delivery time is high for the Swift diesel
Old 26th February 2008, 10:04   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
IMO C-segment cars are not status symbols but are practical vehicles which a upper middle class man can easily afford. The status symbol comes into picture only from the D-segment with civic's, skoda's and the like (I'm talking about india!!)
Na praveen,If you have GetZ and Verna.Which one will give you a Status ?
apparently Verna..
What I am trying to say is,With 7L we can get a Good Car with same engine as 9L Car.be a practical ,we can spend 3L for someother investment.am i correct .
Old 26th February 2008, 12:28   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Na praveen,If you have GetZ and Verna.Which one will give you a Status ?
apparently Verna..
If you compare two segments, obviously the higher segment will give you a better image. If I compare class C and class D, the class D cars will give better image.

But since there are too many segment C cars sold today they are not seen as a Status symbol, the social status starts form Class D. Check out the ratio of city and civic.

Quote:
What I am trying to say is,With 7L we can get a Good Car with same engine as 9L Car.be a practical ,we can spend 3L for someother investment.am i correct .
yes, Of course if you can get a good car at 7L then there is absolutely no need to spend 9L. Now what is that 7L and the 9L car that you are talking about??
Old 26th February 2008, 16:02   #217
Senior - BHPian

GetZ Crdi is a 7L car and Verna Crdi is a 9L Car
Old 26th February 2008, 16:03   #218
Team-BHP Support

Guys this thread is meant for discussing the Swift Dzire. Can we keep the unnecessary discussion on the Getz and Verna out of this?
Old 26th February 2008, 16:40   #219
BHPian

Yeah even I was feeling it was getting Off topic

By the way, there's no update on the Dezire. Any new photos that has cropped up in the net??
Old 26th February 2008, 17:29   #220
Senior - BHPian

Oops sorry guys.Overwhelming talks.
I too need the exact releasing date of Swift Dzire.
coming back to Topic
Old 27th February 2008, 11:25   #221
BHPian

Maruti to kick off price war with diesel Dzire

NEW DELHI: The diesel sedan market is likely to witness a price war with passenger car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL) all set to launch one of the cheapest diesel sedans in the domestic market.

Dzire, which will replace the Esteem, will be launched in early March. It is expected to tag an invitation price of about Rs 5.2-5.4 lakh onwards for the entry-level diesel model, which could be priced lower than Tata Motors’ direct injection common rail (Dicor) Indigo sedan Rs 5,28,537 (ex-showroom Delhi), currently the cheapest sedan in the market.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2817781.cms

Pradeep
Old 27th February 2008, 11:35   #222
BHPian

Its sad to see the old esteem being phased out. This car though outdated was the first choice for rally guys before Cedia stepped in . Am not sure if the replacement for esteem can come close to what the esteem and baleno has managed to achieve in motorsport. Now I am just wondering if we will be slowly seeing only an all Cedia's rally. Well that isnt much fun..
Old 27th February 2008, 11:43   #223
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the topic:

Why did they take so much time to come out with something so UGH?
Old 27th February 2008, 12:08   #224
Senior - BHPian

Maybe a really nice move by Maruti, but it really really looks wierd, especially because the boot appears to be very tall. I said a nice move because, its a nice replacement for the Esteem which was the original Swift, and the sedan gets its Swift name back.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:17   #225
BHPian

Mods,

Please correct the spelling in the title of this thread.It is "Swift Dzire" and not "Swift Dezire".

Last edited by Raajiv : 27th February 2008 at 12:18. Reason: Corrected Spelling of Thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks