Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 09:53   #121
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
According to DriveInside, the CR-V diesel is likely to hit the market in November 2009 and will be priced around Rs 24 lakh. Can anyone confirm this news?
Was a rumour last time, and even if it were to be true with this pricing they will fail.

The captiva auto to has been repriced in the 19L range and it goes provide 7 seats compared to the CRV's 5 seats.

It will be a case of too little too late.

CRV need to get into the sub 20L range and this is not possible with CBU or with the profit margins that they bank on.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:29   #122
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The captiva auto to has been repriced in the 19L range and it goes provide 7 seats compared to the CRV's 5 seats.
Not to forget, the X-Trail diesel starts at 20 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:44   #123
BHPian

X-Trail A.S.S. and Spares cost a fortune.
Also, it's the high end model which has most of the features.
But I think things will improve considerably in next 2-3 years when NISSAN hopes to install it's production lines in India.
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:15   #124
BHPian

Crv Diesel Is Coming.for Sure.

Yesterday i had atalk with my friend who works in N.T.N.(BEARING COMPANY) which supplies bearing to toyota and honda(maybe overseas arms also)companies.He told me with 100% confidence that CRV & ACCORD diesels are coming maybe before monsoon 2011.HE indicated me price of CRV in the range of 17-20L(BECAUSE OF HIGH LOCAL CONTENT).But he was not sure of the engine specifications.
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

Re: Crv Diesel Is Coming.for Sure.

Hey,

I was given a similar info on CRV diesel about a friend. They supply some parts to Honda and he said he has personally confirmed with his contact in Honda about CRV diesel and it should hit the market around 2nd quarter of 2011.
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:26   #126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diesel CRV - SPY PICS!

if it remains a CBU there is no way they will price it at 17-20L and we'll have a BMW X1 competitor on our hands.
If the price is true then it means they plan to move the CRV to local production from CBU. And then the petrol will have to be cheaper. I still don't see Honda pricing a local CRV at a small difference over the top-end Civic. After all they are a `premium' carmaker in India, on par with the best!
I'd be very curious to see how this pans out.

Last edited by StarScream : 23rd January 2011 at 22:29.
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:44   #127
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoo View Post
Yesterday i had atalk with my friend who works in N.T.N.(BEARING COMPANY) which supplies bearing to toyota and honda(maybe overseas arms also)companies.He told me with 100% confidence that CRV & ACCORD diesels are coming maybe before monsoon 2011.HE indicated me price of CRV in the range of 17-20L(BECAUSE OF HIGH LOCAL CONTENT).But he was not sure of the engine specifications.
This is great news!!! If Diesel CRV is launched at this price, it will fly off the shelves. If what your friend says is true, then it seems that finally Honda has put its act together.
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:57   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
if it remains a CBU there is no way they will price it at 17-20L and we'll have a BMW X1 competitor on our hands.
If the price is true then it means they plan to move the CRV to local production from CBU. And then the petrol will have to be cheaper. I still don't see Honda pricing a local CRV at a small difference over the top-end Civic. After all they are a `premium' carmaker in India, on par with the best!
I'd be very curious to see how this pans out.
The current CRV petrol 2.0 was originally priced at 17.6 lacs in 2008. Considering that a diesel for 20 l is feasable. But i think it still wont sell at 20 l. I would rather take a few extra EMIs and get a diesel BMW x1
Old 24th January 2011, 08:56   #129
BHPian

Hi guys
Even my SA at Honda told that training has started for Diesel Accord for people at dealership.
Also my Dad visited the Tapukara plant at Rajasthan and told me that the Brio would be launched in April end or May as per the OEM suppliers there.
Work is going on at war footing basis at Tapukara plant as Brio is expected to be manufactured from Rajastan facilty instead of Greater Noida plant.
To me a Diesel CRV/Accord makes more sense than BMW X1. No doubt BMW has image but i prefer Japanese reliabilty much more than image.
Old 24th January 2011, 11:52   #130
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

20L Diesel Honda CRV vs 23.5 BMW Deisel X1, is still stacked in favour of BMW.

Even when we talk about reliability, BMW and all the Europeans lead Honda by a big margin for Diesels specifically as Honda is relatively new at it especially in India while the Europeans have been at this for years and years. Add the Snob value and the fact that both are essentially 5 seaters, it is takes in further in favour of BMW.

People have been buying the CRV for the car like experience it provides but then the X1 does it even better. I don't think budget can be an issue with just a 15% difference in pricing. So CRV does need to get the pricing closer to 17L to make a dent else the X1 it will be for most.

Also for those who want a more rugged SUV there is the Captiva with 7 seats and for those who want it even more rugged there is the Fortuner at 19.5L , so Honda at 19-20L would not sell well today, it needs to come up with pricing in the range of 17L for manual and 18L for AT for its diesel and that implies local assembly and not the CBU rout.
Old 25th January 2011, 15:53   #131
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have to admit : Especially in the recent past, rumours of diesel Hondas have intensified. I had dismissed the occasional ones from a while back, but several birds have been talking since November 2010. All I can say is; do a good job with the positioning, Honda. Except for the Honda City, there's not much to cheer about in U.P. right now. Unsurprising as Honda's the only volume seller without a single diesel engine in its line up.

Hopefully well-priced Accord & CKD CRV diesels are coming our way soon. Will be a challenge to get oil-burners for the City / Civic though. AFAIK, Honda globally doesn't have any small diesels in the pipeline.
Old 25th January 2011, 16:00   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Hopefully well-priced Accord & CKD CRV diesels are coming our way soon. Will be a challenge to get oil-burners for the City / Civic though. AFAIK, Honda globally doesn't have any small diesels in the pipeline.
I think it's a lost battle. Even with a CKD version diesel CRV I highly doubt Honda will be able to withstand the X1. The least I see honda pricing the CRV diesel CKD is 10% cheaper than the x1, buyers would be willing to pay 10% more for the BMW badge anyway. And if they go any lower with pricing they compete head-on with the Accord.

Honda really needs to rethink their strategy . Two essential things: Price correction and feature addition is a must ! Honda can regain some ground if they equip their cars MORE than competition for once.
Old 25th January 2011, 22:00   #133
BHPian

Honda sells Diesel CR-V, Accord and Civic in European markets with their 2.2 i-CDTi motor (Honda | CR-V | Highlights | Performance) already. Diesel CR-V definitely makes sense and that would be a very successful small SUV if priced properly.

I do believe that Honda would have serious pricing issues due to them wanting "premium" in Indian market.

Here in US, I hear that Honda has given up Diesel technology and they are pushing Hybrid instead. There were actual plans for a Diesel V6 which is officially dropped.
Old 25th January 2011, 22:23   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

So the diesel Honda CRV is on its way. I am sure Jairam Ramesh will celebrate the ocassion as he had chided Honda diesel SUV owners as criminals among others.
Back to business, the CRV was fantastic but its appetite for petrol has brought down its sales to two and three digit numbers every month.Sure diesel is coming late.Must boost its sales and heat up competition in the segment.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th January 2011 at 22:25.
Old 26th January 2011, 11:25   #135
Senior - BHPian

@troublemaker

I dont think Honda sellls Civic and Accord ( The models that we get here) in diesel elsewhere. But yes the CRV is sold as a diesel. Honda does sell a diesel powered Accord in Europe but that's not the car which we get here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks