Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 11:05   #796
Senior - BHPian

The article posted by appuchan does mention about the lil bulge in the rear seat. I wonder if the ANHC will pamper the rear seat passenger like the NHC.

@Metiswhg - Thanks for the pics!!!

Quote:
The middle passenger will have to live with the floor being raised in the centre. This is unfortunate since the Vios has a completely flat floor, and Honda even mastered this with the Civic over the last 2 generations.
Old 14th September 2008, 19:30   #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What's with the Modulo model? Different variant? Grill is different but unsure if it looks better than the huge plastic thing on the 'normal' model.
Modulo means Modified. This is the custom series they offer with modifications such as grill, body kit etc. May be similar to Toyota TRD parts
Old 14th September 2008, 20:55   #798
BHPian

Exterior is just too good. The interiors (the centre console and the instrument cluster) are pathetic. Such a turn off. And Honda why are you depriving us customers of a good diesel engine option? Dont give us the story of 26kmpl mileage with petrol engine similar to when the current generation city got launched.
Old 14th September 2008, 21:13   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
The article posted by appuchan does mention about the lil bulge in the rear seat. I wonder if the ANHC will pamper the rear seat passenger like the NHC.
I don't understand this flat floor fad. Doesn't it take away from leg room and interior space? It's one reason why I feel the Civic doesn't feel as roomy as the NHC.
Old 14th September 2008, 21:56   #800
Senior - BHPian

In terms of on road presence how big would this new city be..??? As big as a civic or as big as an sx4..???
Old 15th September 2008, 14:19   #801
RGP
BHPian

NHC at around 10 lakhs?

Seems to be speculation by the newspaper rather than an official statement from Honda... but still, not good news. But it could mean that we will get all the goodies we see on the Thai versions.

"Premium carmaker Honda Siel Cars India Ltd is likely to price the new version of its largest selling model City at around Rs 10 lakh."

Expect your new Honda City by this November

Ranjit
Old 15th September 2008, 16:07   #802
Senior - BHPian

Ranjit, thanks for the info. About the price lets just wait to see what Honda plans. But frankly i would expect 75k-80k more than the existing model. Hope the Indian website also has a countdown or some launch date info like the Thai Honda website.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:25   #803
Senior - BHPian

I prefer the looks of the Modulo variant. The grille and new bumpers give the car a totally different and more importantly, a more upmarket look.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:33   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I prefer the looks of the Modulo variant. The grille and new bumpers give the car a totally different and more importantly, a more upmarket look.
Sad news is India never got Modulo variant not even as optional or accessory. I am keeping my fingers cross for G3HC and expecting it with ACC and modified dashboard.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:47   #805
BHPian

I don't think there are any changes in the dashboard design as far as I can see in the spy pic(3rd pic gives some clues) posted in the thread starter. Let us hope Honda provides ACC and other goodies.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:48   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I don't understand this flat floor fad. Doesn't it take away from leg room and interior space? It's one reason why I feel the Civic doesn't feel as roomy as the NHC.
I am not sure how does flat floor affect leg room and interior space. To my knowledge, it should at least make the life of the middle-seat passenger a bit less miserable. In any case, almost all small to mid size sedan makers are highly biased against this tribe.
Old 15th September 2008, 17:04   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
Seems to be speculation by the newspaper rather than an official statement from Honda... but still, not good news. But it could mean that we will get all the goodies we see on the Thai versions.

"Premium carmaker Honda Siel Cars India Ltd is likely to price the new version of its largest selling model City at around Rs 10 lakh."

Expect your new Honda City by this November

Ranjit
and maruti suzuki will price its highest end sx4 sedan diesel at 10 lakh and once again give Honda its due jitters.
Old 15th September 2008, 17:12   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I am not sure how does flat floor affect leg room and interior space. To my knowledge, it should at least make the life of the middle-seat passenger a bit less miserable. In any case, almost all small to mid size sedan makers are highly biased against this tribe.
Well take for example the NHC. The fuel tank is under the front seats so the floor gradually rises at the rear. Now if it had a flat floor, I would think, rear passengers won't get the same leg room depth.
To me personally, it really doesn't matter if a car has a flat floor or a contoured floor - each have their advantages I guess.
Old 15th September 2008, 17:44   #809
Senior - BHPian

10 LACS for a City

I dont think so, well hopefullt not at least.
Considering the price increase in markets its been aldready been launched, this would be a rip off even Honda would stuggle to justify.
Even funnier will be a 10 lac diesel SX4 with a 1.3 MJD, especially considering the diesel options in the 10 lac range.

The flat floor leads to increase flexibility of the interior space, in the present City it gives underseat storage facility in the back seats. But more so evident would be in the Jazz, whrein the rear under seat folded up, it can accomodate large odd shaped objects on the floor etc.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:02   #810
BHPian

Flat floors are pretty useful in the Civic and Corolla Altis. In NHC, it affects the space because of the fuel tank position.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks