Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 12:22   #136
Senior - BHPian

well now then there is competition to the swift diesel finally, i sincerely hope this car is not as clastrophobic as the swift is and is hopefully maruthi has taken good care of all the issues faced with swift and the sx4!

the splash looks good, but the A-star looks like copied i10 doesnt it?
Old 25th June 2008, 12:33   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
They co-exist peacefully in many other markets and the Splash is slightly more expensive. Better ride and more room but not as sporty. Like someone said, Swift is for the younger crowd and Splash is for growing families.
Doesn't that make it too many cars in the same segment\price range? For the customer however, it will give us a lot of choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
It has better packaging than Swift.
I hope the suspension is better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I think since most Indians are driven by practicality and value and lots of people are not happy with the rear seat space and boot space of the Swift, the Splash could easily overtake it in volumes.
I agree. Lets hope it is a better package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Knowing Maruti, Splash and A-Star will be additional models to the lineup and will not replace anything, you can bet your last paisa that Maruti will continue to flog the existing Wagon R and Alto for many years to come.
Where does the A-Star fit in then? In between Alto and WagonR?
Old 26th June 2008, 00:43   #138
BHPian

Yes, I think it would be priced just higher than Alto for base version and go into and past Wagon R territory if a higher option was sold such as one with Power Windows, ABS+Airbags etc.
Old 26th June 2008, 13:58   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

I hope the suspension is better!!
It has better build and more or less the suspension will be the same as its based on swift.

Quote:

Where does the A-Star fit in then? In between Alto and WagonR?
I think that Splash is going to be in between Wagon R and Swift and A-star will sit very near to Alto. Gradually, IMO, 800 will be moving towards Nano, the place of 800 ( i.e. the space where currently the 800 is ) will be taken over by Alto and the space occupied by Alto currently will be taken over by A-star.
Old 26th June 2008, 14:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
It has better build and more or less the suspension will be the same as its based on swift.

I think that Splash is going to be in between Wagon R and Swift and A-star will sit very near to Alto. Gradually, IMO, 800 will be moving towards Nano, the place of 800 ( i.e. the space where currently the 800 is ) will be taken over by Alto and the space occupied by Alto currently will be taken over by A-star.

This is almost like the story-line of a mega serial. Slowly, this takes that's place and then very slowly, that becomes this and finally this gets kicked out.

If the Splash has the same ride quality as the Swift, the Palio MJD would be a better choice for people (like me) looking for a comfortable drive.
Old 26th June 2008, 16:25   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is almost like the story-line of a mega serial. Slowly, this takes that's place and then very slowly, that becomes this and finally this gets kicked out.

Read on for more:

New Agila vs rivals | Car Group Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

The fact that Splash is based on Swift does tell us something and does give us hints.

Quote:

If the Splash has the same ride quality as the Swift, the Palio MJD would be a better choice for people (like me) looking for a comfortable drive.

Its upto you to select the car, man. We can just give positives and negatives plus Opinions based on our knowledge.

The approximation is purely out of reading done by me and the fact this car is based on Swift.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th June 2008 at 16:28.
Old 27th June 2008, 19:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be the Maruti portfolio, they should do something to resurrect the name of Zen - Either by stopping the production of Zen Estilo, or by introducing a charming crispy hatch / sedan in the name of Zen.
Old 28th June 2008, 02:35   #143
Senior - BHPian

How about dropping estilo and replacing zen with either splash or a-star?
it has a diesel as well as petrol heart and the first generation zen had both of them too. Moreover, a-star could easily replace for zen as the first gen zen was somewat like a-star from rear

What do you think romeomidhun?
Old 30th June 2008, 09:53   #144
Senior - BHPian

Chevelle! Changing Suzuki's international product name 'Splash' to 'Zen' in India will not be a good idea. Keeping the original name 'Splash' throughout the world, will give it more value and status.

In the case of A-Star being introduced as Zen, the class of that car doesn't seem to as good as old Zen. Remember that old Zen was once considered as the 'Status symbol car' by most people. A-Star is in a comparatively lower class, and doesn't have that 'Class' look, at least for the production model. Suzuki's international model 'Ignis' will be a good choice for new Zen. Though it is an old model and more of having a UV appearance, it is a charmer at least by looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-suzuki_ignis_2003_0001_m400.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2008 at 10:46. Reason: Please read about uploading images in our Announcements Section.
Old 4th July 2008, 21:56   #145
BHPian

this is amazing... any idea on the release dates?
Old 5th July 2008, 14:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

heyarjyamaj

hey arjyamaj, the release dates are around diwali this year or in first quarter of 2009. hope they are do it as early as possible
Old 6th July 2008, 09:16   #147
Senior - BHPian

hey romeomidhun

i don't want them to replace splash to zen, a-star is better option, and a-star's interior is suppose to be larger than alto. i knw the status symbol the old zen was in its old days, but who knws a-star could replace the same wid peppy engine and good style and get back the status that zen enjoyed.
i can definitely say tht a-star is better option than estilo.

And definitely not the Ignis. As such we are having two outdated models of wagon-r and estilo in the market which are no longer in production worldwide. so i don't think maruti should do that with launch of Ignis.

i would prefer a new name like a-star and splash or name a successor to zen from either of these two.

That would be much better.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:31   #148
Senior - BHPian

Anyone heard of DOOHM (Digital Out Of Home Media)? It is a LCD TV that shows ADs and titbits and stuff. Well, when I was in a restaurant yeaterday, I saw something on the A-Star. I did not notice much on the front side, but the back side of the car they displayed had the lights that looks like a elongated "C" that has fallen down (the opening looking up). Also the engine was supposed to be a 3-cylinder petrol, 1 litre engine. I dont know if someone was bull****ting through the DOOHM (weird name!) or if there is some truth in it.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:55   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Anyone heard of DOOHM (Digital Out Of Home Media)? It is a LCD TV that shows ADs and titbits and stuff. Well, when I was in a restaurant yeaterday, I saw something on the A-Star. I did not notice much on the front side, but the back side of the car they displayed had the lights that looks like a elongated "C" that has fallen down (the opening looking up). Also the engine was supposed to be a 3-cylinder petrol, 1 litre engine. I dont know if someone was bull****ting through the DOOHM (weird name!) or if there is some truth in it.
These OOH Media TVs are installed in most busy places these days.
Anyways, I think you saw this. (See attached picture)

These are the pictures of the concept car shown by maruti.
The actual production pictures suggest otherwise. Tail lights in the scoop pictures are similar to alto's.

You can see more concept pictures here: Maruti A-Star - What A Revolution! CarWale.com Blog
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-conceptastar4.jpg  

Old 7th July 2008, 14:58   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
They co-exist peacefully in many other markets and the Splash is slightly more expensive. Better ride and more room but not as sporty. Like someone said, Swift is for the younger crowd and Splash is for growing families.

Actually, the 1.3 DDIS versions of both the Swift and the Splash cost approx. the same. This I found from the Suzuki UK website. Both cost 10,5xx pounds.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks