Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 13:42   #466
BHPian

Came across Opel Agila which would be Suzuki Splash here in india.

See the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-7c392008opelagila15.jpg  

Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-396e2008opelagila10.jpg  

Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-ca582008opelagila8.jpg  

Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-e6702008opelagila12.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 28th October 2008, 16:49   #467
BHPian

This was known long back that the Agila is the Splash, BTW the Splash was developed together by GM-Suzuki and if you dont know Suzuki is owned by GM worldwide except a few countries which includes India.
Old 28th October 2008, 16:53   #468
BHPian

The Suzuki Splash has a 4 Cylinder engine 1242cc and not a 3cylinder engine as pointed out by you in ur post.
Old 28th October 2008, 18:56   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
This was known long back that the Agila is the Splash, BTW the Splash was developed together by GM-Suzuki and if you dont know Suzuki is owned by GM worldwide except a few countries which includes India.
Well The older generation of Aglia was nothing but the Suzuki Wagon-R, with a 1.2 lt Open engine,
I think even suzuki is positioning Splash as wagon-R replacement (at lest in UK )
Old 28th October 2008, 22:43   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
Well The older generation of Aglia was nothing but the Suzuki Wagon-R, with a 1.2 lt Open engine,
I think even suzuki is positioning Splash as wagon-R replacement (at lest in UK )
Here is the older Opel Aglia (Suzuki Wagon R)
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-opel_agila_1.jpg  

Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-39opelagila.jpg  

Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-opelagilabg.jpg  

Old 29th October 2008, 02:55   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
Lets wait and watch when it is launched next month.
Yessir, but I am going by the European test drive reports. No doubt, it looks awesome on paper and in pics.

Last edited by Mpower : 29th October 2008 at 17:16.
Old 29th October 2008, 10:22   #472
BHPian

Just got this bit of info from a friend whos at the Maruti Dealer here, says that the launch of the Astar is postponed till Jan09 due to the finanacial crisis worldwide.
Old 29th October 2008, 10:37   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got this bit of info from a friend whos at the Maruti Dealer here, says that the launch of the Astar is postponed till Jan09 due to the finanacial crisis worldwide.
I think this is the trick done by dealers to boost the sales of present range of cars. A-star is coming that is know to all, and can be even known from Maruti website. Most prospective customers will be looking forward to wait for the A-star to come. If a prospective Wagon R buyer comes to know more about A-star, he will sure postpone his buying and wait till A-star is out.
So this slows down the sales of present cars, and thats why the trick comes up. Coupled with the festive offers, they can sell the cars they have in stock.
Old 29th October 2008, 10:38   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Let me confirm the launch dates here. howmuch sure was your Dealer? Can you please confirm with some other dealer also?
Old 29th October 2008, 10:41   #475
BHPian

The piece of info was given to me by the friend not as a sales talk but on friendly terms so it was nothing to do abt wagon r sales etc, its was just a friendly chat that we had yesterday when i met him for Diwali.
Old 29th October 2008, 13:52   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
It is the best seller in the segment considering the last quarter.Its giving huge numbers to maruti and i wont dream of them stopping this hot cake in the near future.
ram
I am seeing a lot of WagonR Vs i10 comparison ads nowadays in Kerala & Karnataka. Personal opinion: its lousy & unwarranted! I think you are giving good publicity to the i10 indirectly!
Ram, whats your comment on this? Shouldnt Maruti be comparing the WagonR with the Santro?
Old 31st October 2008, 09:16   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the older Opel Aglia (Suzuki Wagon R)
The Wagon R look alike Agila, looks very pleasing ( as compared to the Indian Wagon R) especialy from the rear. Wonder why India gets the yucky design.
Old 31st October 2008, 10:43   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
The Wagon R look alike Agila, looks very pleasing ( as compared to the Indian Wagon R) especialy from the rear. Wonder why India gets the yucky design.
Check out the different Designs of Wagon R.
All looks kool. better then Indian version.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-600micro.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2008, 19:23   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the different Designs of Wagon R. All looks kool. better then Indian version
Perhaps better than the Indian version but overall still horribly ugly. It looks like a box on wheels. I have no clue on which car arrived first in the market but Wagon R feels like a model introduced only to compete with the "tall-boy" design of the Santro - to try and steal some of Santro's share at least in the Indian market. Initially variants of the Santro too were ugly till they brought in the newer design whereas the Wagon R is still looking boxy.

Incidentally, Wagon R is used a lot for Taxi service (saw a lot of private taxis using them in Goa for instance) and rumours abound that Mumbai taxi replacements could adopt the Wagon R. Personally I still feel it looks like an ugly box and if Hyundai would cut the price of their similar specked i10 by about 25-30,000 rupees, they could eat into the Wagon R pie.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:53   #480
BHPian

Suzuki A-Star crusing at 130+

Dear BHPians,

Yesterday when I was on my way to attend company foundation day celebration day in Greater Noida, a white colored (later I came across metallic blue and metallic green as well) Suzuki A-Star overtook my Petra 1.6 and got invisible in seconds. I had never seen an A-Star on road so this curiosity made me to push the gas pedal hard & I caught A Star in next 2-3 km. It was a beautiful car, effortlessly crusing at the speed of 130+.
I found it faster, more stable and having better road presence than Estilo, Wagon R, Santro and even i10. I also managed to clicked some pictures, which I may post if you guys feel it worth.

Cheers,
Deepak
Closed Thread

Most Viewed