Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:27   #2221
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
Petrol in Mumbai costs almost Rs. 74 now. I feel like the auto union and the taxi union we need to start a car union. The collective strength should put some sense in the Govt and help it price petrol sensibly. Petrol now is as expensive in Mumbai as it is in Singapore.

I recently bought a Yamaha SZ bike for riding on the weekends but now I'm not too happy with my decision since it is cheaper to run my Alto which runs on CNG than my bike on petrol!!
I should feel people in Mumbai are lucky, In Bangalore the price will now touch 77. . Bought a petrol Liva 10 days back.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:30   #2222
BHPian

Is the hike of 1.8 absolute or will tax from various state Govt be added on top of it?
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:46   #2223
BHPian

Just tanked up, for whatever its worth
I am just so so so happy I didnt give in to the 2 lac discount on the honda city. At this rate petrol cars will have to be sold at near zero profit margins to move any sort of numbers. Best of luck Auto sector both manufacturers and consumers!!!!
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:06   #2224
BHPian

Just had a 'tank' full of Diesel in my fab this evening for 44.43 pl.. Knew about the Price hike again in news.. You need to be prepared for such 'shocks' every now & then!
I guess about those having lower mileage per month, they could hardly be having a repeat filling at the 'SAME' pricing!!
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:26   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Just tanked up my all three vehicles to save few bucks.

The condition is very poor and not tolerable for people like me who own all petrol vehicles.

Look like I have to exchange my WagonR with Swift Diesel/equivalent diesel hatch ASAP.
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:51   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Just came home and found out about the hike. Frustrating to see how these companies can be so callous, it's blatantly sucking one consumer base dry so that another consumer base can live happily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
For a person with a small car and running of 1000 kms/ month getting an average of 14kmpl - its already upwards of INR 5000 per month!
I run almost as much a month with a petrol automatic, think of my plight All of us petrol owners will simply have to grin and bear it, there really is no other option short of selling the car. I'm just happy I love pottering around in my car as much as I do, if I bought it purely as a commuter vehicle, I'd be tearing my hair out right about now. Good thing I cancelled my booking for the Jazz!

At this rate, petrol cars will start to become an endangered species spotted only in showrooms everywhere. Maybe some day David Attenborough will do a documentary when petrol cars are on the verge of extinction in India!
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:53   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Haha Fuel prices are fluctuating during the duration from one tank full to another!

For all the people whining about 74 rupees per liter of petrol, you need to live in Bangalore for a while !
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:57   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I should feel people in Mumbai are lucky, In Bangalore the price will now touch 77. Bought a petrol Liva 10 days back.
Damn !!! Is petrol the costliest in Bangalore ? I thought it was in Hyderabad. At 77 its way too expensive to run cars.
Btw, you are one brave man to have bought a petrol hatch just 10 days back. If i were to be in the market today, it had to be a diesel. I bought my car in mid 2010 when there were no signs of what lay ahead
Old 4th November 2011, 02:04   #2229
BHPian

congress govt. has lost all morality. i can understand the reasons for petrol price to go up but atleast they should have some humanity and reduce taxes. majority of small cars are petrol and people who have low running also buy petrol cars. how is more expensive petrol going to help inflation control etc. 74 rupees a litre of petrol is just not done. i think its high time we the people do a bit of music to get govt people to notice that we do care about marginal petrol price hikes.
Old 4th November 2011, 08:36   #2230
BHPian

The gap has shrunken so much even average running of 800kms a month need diesel car. If I drive my GTX for 1000 km/month I need to spend approx 10K every month

Regards,
Vijay
Old 4th November 2011, 08:36   #2231
Distinguished - BHPian

According to TOI today the hike has been introduced even though the oil companies were earning a profit of 25 paise / Lt of petrol since the last few days. Don't know how much of this is true though.

In Delhi the prices have increased from 58 to 68 in a year. My sympathies with the Bangalore people. This is just going to increase the sales for diesel cars and with the govt mulling over increasing taxes on diesel cars, one can predict the amount of revenue the govt is earning by taxing the commuters. What a masterstroke! Go on increasing petrol prices and increase the taxes on diesel cars. A win-win situation for the govt either way.
Old 4th November 2011, 09:43   #2232
Senior - BHPian

With the oil prices going up globally and with the dollar gaining on the rupee, it is understandable that the oil companies will raise prices. What is not acceptable is that with every hike the government also earns more as all taxes are a % and the tax component increases with every hike. They should set a base price for taxation, to atleast reduce the burden of each fuel price increase.

On the other hand, this pricing difference between petrol and diesel is becoming too large. The government better do something, otherwise the auto industry is going to take a beating (it already is).
Old 4th November 2011, 09:58   #2233
Senior - BHPian

^^^ +1 Tarun. The difference between petrol and diesel is almost 30 Rs. My running is still very low, so I am ok with 74 rs/liter, but I cant say that with a big smile on my face.

What I also fail to understand is why don't these auto companies make any kind of opposition or atleast show their antagonism to the Govt. Company like Maruti which has been ruling the Indian market on the basis of the cars which run on petrol, such as Alto, WagonR, doesnt say anything. Someone had mentioned in the Vento thread that VW dealer in Pune has some 10k+ petrol Vento lying in the stockyard. Thats a huge inventory to clear for anyone. If tomorrow, companies like Maruti, VW, etc decide to threaten(diplomatically) the Govt, the Govt might listen to them. Company like Honda, instead of running helter-scelter to manufacture a diesel engine, show your detest to the Govt. I know this might not work too well, but if these companies decide upon something mutually, things might just change for the better.

P.S.: For the last 7 working days, I have been riding my 2 wheeler instead of the car. Even though I am not really affected right now, the mental effect is BIG.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 4th November 2011 at 10:00.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:06   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Just tanked up my all three vehicles to save few bucks.

The condition is very poor and not tolerable for people like me who own all petrol vehicles.

Look like I have to exchange my WagonR with Swift Diesel/equivalent diesel hatch ASAP.

I'm in the same boat. I presently have a Sonata Embera, a Corolla, and Swift all petrol. All these cars were purchased between 2006 and 2007 when petrol prices were still in sane proportions.

Thankfully, I sold off my SX4 Zxi earlier this year.
Old 4th November 2011, 12:14   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Add me to your boat. I have my Esteem and Civic which I fill up regularly in addition to my inlaws' i10 which I take care of as well, not to forget my Unicorn which may bring a smile or two on my face compared to the other three. At this rate, I guess we have to go back to bicycles very soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks