Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 10:56   #2356
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
With weak manufacturing and the global economy shrinking I fail to see how the rupee can rebound in a span of one month in time for the elections to take care of the losses. The losses made in the interim to be recovered after the election makes the subsequent price rise very very dreadful. Moreover there is no faith in the finances of the government because of the huge deficits it has run up now. I am afraid India's time of financial reckoning is about to arrive soon
Well if the current crude prices hold for a fortnight ( which I believe may even increase further due to IRAN) and the Rupee staying above 52 w.r.t the $, there is no way the govt can with hold increasing the prices. They have to pass it on to the consumer.
Old 14th February 2012, 10:56   #2357
Senior - BHPian

So, here comes the next increase. :(

Petrol prices may rise by Rs 3 soon after UP assembly elections - The Times of India

Rs3 increase. That too after the elections. No one can help us!!!
Old 14th February 2012, 17:28   #2358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
So, here comes the next increase. :(

Petrol prices may rise by Rs 3 soon after UP assembly elections - The Times of India

Rs3 increase. That too after the elections. No one can help us!!!
Excellent.... The petrol prices are really really decontrolled... We all have to believe it !

-Ravi
Old 14th February 2012, 20:03   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Excellent.... The petrol prices are really really decontrolled... We all have to believe it !

-Ravi
The thing is you feel the prices go up when the international crude prices go up. But do they come down when the international crude price go down??
Old 14th February 2012, 20:38   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmeister View Post
The thing is you feel the prices go up when the international crude prices go up. But do they come down when the international crude price go down??
Also the thing is they dont go up as soon as the international crude prices go up. For reasons of politics, they go up when the govt decides or gives in. So its not really de-controlled in strict terms.
Old 14th February 2012, 22:09   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Guys

When is the last day of the elections? I need to tank up a couple of days before that.
Old 14th February 2012, 23:19   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys When is the last day of the elections? I need to tank up a couple of days before that.
3 March 2012 is the last date of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly election, 2012. Govt surely knows how to milk the common man. Once election is finished increase the price, common man has already voted and we are now there for another 5 yrs.
Old 15th February 2012, 06:26   #2363
BHPian

Also keep an eye on the Iran situation, if it gets from bad to worse, expect petrol prices to start kissing the 100 mark. I am sure the other Gulf country are waiting to milk the opportunity to make a killing. Diesel rates wont go up so the shortfall must be made up from petrol.
Old 15th February 2012, 14:14   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Price in Pune is Rs. 70.91 - 70.92 for normal petrol.
(I assume that the purpose of this thread is to simply state the price of fuel in various cities within India.)
Old 15th February 2012, 19:39   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Also keep an eye on the Iran situation, if it gets from bad to worse, expect petrol prices to start kissing the 100 mark. I am sure the other Gulf country are waiting to milk the opportunity to make a killing. Diesel rates wont go up so the shortfall must be made up from petrol.
yeah i read about that. The companies need to increase the price of diesel by another 10 Rs to keep the sale going on without profit or loss. But the govt wont agree to that.
Old 27th February 2012, 15:57   #2366
BHPian

Just in - Petrol price hike by Rs 4/l, diesel by Rs 2/litre likely (source - rediff)

The article:

This is what Union minister for petroleum said on February 21.
"I don't know whether I should be happy at becoming a petroleum minister or not. There is pressure from the public, the opposition parties and my colleagues in the Congress all the time not to hike diesel, kerosene and LPG though the oil companies are incurring huge losses to the tune of 1.5 lakh crore rupees (1.5 trillion rupees).
"And elections are always round the corner in the country. If elections are the criteria (not to raise prices) we can never hike fuel prices as there are polls every year in India, the world's biggest democracy," Reddy said.
He admitted that the increase in fuel prices was a cause of concern and that there was no choice but to raise fuel prices as per international standards.
Old 27th February 2012, 16:29   #2367
Senior - BHPian

So, in Delhi, petrol would cross 70 while diesel would be around 42-43. Petrol vehicle sales will fall to new lows and more and more look at diesel as the only option. Government surely knows how to dig a bigger hole for itself.

How hard is it to make a diesel 2 wheeler & price it competitively with petrol 2 wheelers? Surely there's a market for that.
Old 27th February 2012, 22:11   #2368
BHPian

Sources in the state-owned oil companies said the hike could be Rs. 4 per litre for petrol, Rs. 5 for diesel and Rs. 70 per for LPG cylinder.

The Hindu : Business / Industry : Sharp hike in fuel prices likely after Assembly polls
Old 27th February 2012, 23:29   #2369
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh no mate. Thats not possible. An increase of Rs 5 on diesel would mean political suicide at this time. The Congress is already under a lot of trouble. For a fact I am sure TMC will immediately walk out to gain high moral ground. The govt will fall. At the most I see a 1-2 Rs/L hike and nothing more then that. Petrol ofcourse may be hiked by 4-5 Rs/L.

I am sure the govt is seriously going to increase taxes on diesel cars in this budget drastically to cut down its losses. The overall % of diesel cars in the private sector still may be low when you take the numbers for the last whole decade. But in the last 2-3 years alone I am sure diesel cars have sold more then the Petrol.

As a suggestion: Anyone on the forum who is planning to buy a diesel car should do it now. I feel all the people who have been waiting for these swift diesels since 6-7 months will be in for a rude shock when they will be asked to pay much more than what they would have agreed upon earlier. Sorry for being .

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
How hard is it to make a diesel 2 wheeler & price it competitively with petrol 2 wheelers? Surely there's a market for that.
Thats a very interesting thought. I am surprised no one has thought about it still. May be because of the excellent FE that most two wheelers return.

Last edited by drmohitg : 27th February 2012 at 23:31. Reason: Text added.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:10   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Arent we all so used to these hikes:( if thier is steep hike on diesel it would have immediate impact on almost all commodities, already the price of all essentials are on the rise this will make it worse:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks