Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 15:45   #5416
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Now this is turning into an unethical practice by both the government and the oil cos.
First, the government doesn't pass on the entire benefit of the fall in crude oil prices to the citizens, keeps increasing excise duty, and now, the oil cos. increase prices substantially even though the rupee has strengthened over the $ by about 1.5 during the past fortnight and crude oil prices have remained under 40$/barrel. (last i heard, it was around 37$/barrel). Seriously unethical.
greatgyan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 16:25   #5417
Senior - BHPian

Illogical price hikes by the oil cos. This goes to show that the fuel prices are indirectly controlled by the central govt and the oil ministry. The only way to protest against such practice is to write a grievance in the
http://pgportal.gov.in/GrievanceNew.aspx

Although a surprising move by the oil cos (indirectly by the govt) considering this is the election season or is it that the govt has assumed they will come to power in all those states and hence the rise in prices?
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 16:39   #5418
BANNED

The problem is no body is fighting against these illogical hikes. Everyone thinks that it is small money and it hardly matters and move on. But if I calculate from the last 2 hikes I get 1 litre petrol LESS every time I full tank my Bike, that difference is huge and I'm just talking about the bike and not a Car! For a car multiply by 3 or 4 times!

I think there should be some sort of petition to sign and fight against these Illogical hikes!

Saying things like we will use this money for infrastructure development is a pure SCAM by this Government!
mohammedismail is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 18:45   #5419
BANNED

Looks like there is a Petition started already by Change.Org but it needs 16K+ more people to sign the petition to reach the goal!

Click HERE to sign the Petition!
Old 5th April 2016, 20:46   #5420
BHPian

Sometimes I feel that all the good work done by earlier government in terms of de-regulation of fuel prices have been misused. They took the bold step of price freedom just to work what is good for economy and country as whole. When crude prices go down the taxes go up and when crude prices go up then the retailing fuel price go up.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 09:12   #5421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The place where i stay in Bangalore has a BP bunk. As of Sunday (April 3rd), the petrol price was Rs 63.92 / litre . This includes the recent hike in KA alone.
Even mypetrolprice.com reports the following prices as of April 5th. Guess they must be the lowest price in the city (which might be BS3). But this gives a fair idea of prices.
------
Panaji: 59.64 Rs/Ltr
Chennai: 61.32 Rs/Ltr
Bengaluru: 64.53 Rs/Ltr
Lucknow: 65.74 Rs/Ltr
Trivandrum: 65.77 Rs/Ltr
Hyderabad: 66.22 Rs/Ltr
Pune: 66.59 Rs/Ltr
Vizag: 67.24 Rs/Ltr
Mumbai: 67.96 Rs/Ltr
------
Old 6th April 2016, 09:15   #5422
BHPian

I am sure the government was not banking on the crude oil price drop to announce the grand infra projects in the budget. What was the actual plan for the infra projects and if there was a plan then where is that money now?
Remember reading a post on this forum that the money the government makes of this crude price fall is negligible. If so then why not pass on that negligible bit of relief to the people.
With the crude oil price at this historical low, food prices are at the gargantuan high what will be our fate when the oil prices rise.
We had a lesson in our Hindi text in High school titled 'Andher Nagri, Choupat Raja'. Get the feeling that we are part of that lesson now and would add to the title 'Andher Nagri, Choupat Raja, Gadha Praja'.
AJITHAAA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:01   #5423
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore special.

Prices set to increase or have already increased in response to the transporters strike.
What I could not understand was that the trucks will now use a longer route via Hoskote which is what they were already using . Because of the longer route, the extra charges will be taken by oil companies till the exisiting roads are done up and the charges will be passed on to the customers.

http://www.deccanheraldepaper.com/
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-untitled.png  

Old 6th April 2016, 10:34   #5424
Senior - BHPian

Too bad these minimal price hikes won't take much vehicles off our road. sigh.
Old 6th April 2016, 10:40   #5425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJITHAAA View Post
I am sure the government was not banking on the crude oil price drop to announce the grand infra projects in the budget. What was the actual plan for the infra projects and if there was a plan then where is that money now?
Please don't believe all those modified reasons by governments. And I don't think they are building a reserve for the high prices in the future. If the crude prices go up, they will surely jack up the prices accordingly. Otherwise, why they are increasing now?

This is a talk-everything-do-nothing era.
Old 6th April 2016, 22:18   #5426
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Please don't believe all those modified reasons by governments. And I don't think they are building a reserve for the high prices in the future. If the crude prices go up, they will surely jack up the prices accordingly. Otherwise, why they are increasing now?
I think the OMCs are collecting cash to fund the Euro-VI refineries. I am told that 60% of refineries have to be essentially scrapped for Euro-VI.
Old 7th April 2016, 01:04   #5427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think the OMCs are collecting cash to fund the Euro-VI refineries. I am told that 60% of refineries have to be essentially scrapped for Euro-VI.
If that happens to be the real motive of OMCs, I'm gladly willing to pay more to enable them to upgrade to EURO-VI standards.
It would translate to lower and cleaner emissions.
Old 7th April 2016, 08:21   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Looks like there is a Petition started already by Change.Org but it needs 16K+ more people to sign the petition to reach the goal!

Click HERE to sign the Petition!
I have done my bit by signing the petition and not just keep hanking about the injustice. I have also registered on the pgportal and dropped a grievance against the ministry of petroleum. I have also written to a few of my friends in the media (paper) requesting them to highlight this issue.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:29   #5429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I don't think so.

regards
Old 7th April 2016, 11:09   #5430
BANNED

@lurker; The 60% plus scrap is from the author of the IITK report. Remember I am ex-IITK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks