Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 23:38   #5626
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Petrol up ₹0.58; Diesel down ₹0.31. What sorcery is this?
Monaro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 23:59   #5627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Could be related to the increasing consumption of petrol compared to Diesel. Also,

1) Crude oil price close to prices as of 1-Sept
2) Price revision on 1-Sept for Diesel felt a little high compared to that of Petrol. This may be a possible correction.
Old 16th September 2016, 00:01   #5628
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for joking here but couldn't resist. This is Win Diesel. But seriously, if feels like every time I fill a full tank up, prices are reduced. This is the first time it has increased.
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 06:41   #5629
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Sorcery???

This isn't any sorcery or wizardry or bewitchment of the Harry Potter kind!

This is known as the detestable stench that stinks to the high heavens - the nauseating stench of crooked crony capitalism that characterises any typical banana republic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Such is the power & influence wielded by the dirty fuel lobby in this country. They are the ones who dictate how petrol & diesel are priced at the retail level. The oil mafia and the powers-that-be that ostensibly decide how fuels are priced are mere puppets in the hands of the diesel lobby in India. They literally dance like little wooden/plastic puppets to the tunes of the diesel lobby as they pull the controlling strings from behind the scenes.

The filthy artificial diesel-petrol price difference will come down when some sensible independent organisation like the Hon'ble SC of India cracks down on diesel and exerts pressure to cut carcinogenic emissions spewed out as a result of burning the dirty fuel.

As soon as the pressure from the SC eases, the dirty fuel lobby would immediately go back to their vile ways and the filthy diesel-petrol price differential will start rising again. This is so obvious to anyone with even half a brain!
Man! I'm waiting for the day when some higher power doles out poetic justice to the vicious diesel lobby crony capitalists and the vile oil mafia extortionists who are turning this country into a banana republic!

On a side note, it's going to be highly interesting to watch the reaction of the honourable advocates who were advising the Supreme Court of India to follow logic. Let's see whether or not they follow double standards in their arduous advocacy of logic.

Last edited by RSR : 16th September 2016 at 06:45.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 09:00   #5630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
... mobikwik account... Per transaction cashback can only be 10% of the total bill or 70 INR whichever is lesser. So, what I do is to pay in 3 shots ( 700 INR payments each with a 1 minute break in between ). You can also choose to alternate between 2 different Mobikwik accounts for this. There is zero transaction charge
Thanks for the information. Paytm has tie-up with HPCL. My neighbourhood bunk where I fill up is HPCL and I get Rs. 50 discount per transaction. I'll try your multiple payment method on my next refill. Wish be best of luck.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:07   #5631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Unfortunately, it is not the crude basket alone which decides what we pay. It is something called International Price Parity. I guess it is the actual trade price of the fluid.
I think I had answered this one.

Also, now with Commerce (I think Ms Seetharaman) pushing for a devaluation (has to be progressive, since we gave up fixed rates ages ago) prices may head north.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:08   #5632
Senior - BHPian

There is something rotting in the current system of Petroleum products pricing. Even when the international crude prices are halved, the Indian prices are reduced just by 25%! This time, when international prices went down, Petrol prices went up. Read it along with the news that Petroleum major groups that are venturing into the telecom business with rock-bottom tariffs, and tying up with public sector companies like BSNL, to make use of its vast network. The "Ache Din" is for those corporate giants, and not for the "aam" public. All talks and no tasks to favour those "aam" people.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 09:20   #5633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There is something rotting in the current system of Petroleum products pricing. Even when the international crude prices are halved, the Indian prices are reduced just by 25%! This time, when international prices went down, Petrol prices went up. Read it along with the news that Petroleum major groups that are venturing into the telecom business with rock-bottom tariffs, and tying up with public sector companies like BSNL, to make use of its vast network. The "Ache Din" is for those corporate giants, and not for the "aam" public. All talks and no tasks to favour those "aam" people.
Cool down and see ghosts everywhere. Please read this report.Despite the petrol prices not being cut proportionately, consumption is jumping through the roof. Do you mean to say petrol is not affordable to aam public, but still consumption going up?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/54339830.cms
Due to improved financial management prices of most essential items have come down. That is what people should look for. Not cry hoarse even for 50ps hike in petrol prices.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 09:34   #5634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Despite the petrol prices not being cut proportionately, consumption is jumping through the roof. Do you mean to say petrol is not affordable to aam public, but still consumption going up?
Fuel prices are no longer subsidized as it was before. Now government is only making money. More consumption = more money for government. The least they could do was to cut prices in a closer proportion to the fall in global crude prices.

If not, let government clearly say fuel pricing is not deregulated. Aam aadmi really does not have much choice.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:36   #5635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Ache Din" is for those corporate giants
Dear Sir, before resorting to such hyperbolic comment, please see the break-up of the bunk price of petrol or diesel. More than/ close to 50% is Central & State levies depending upon the state. So, where your comment fits in, I don't know. I am not worried by the tone of your comment, but worried since educated people, who have access to internet search, tend to be factually incorrect.

Personally speaking, even though I feel the pinch of high prices, I somewhat agree with the overall policy of consolidating fiscal situation. This is like short term loss for long term gain. Obviously, I am not considering the leakages in overall system, as they have been there always and will be there for the time to come.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:55   #5636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Do you mean to say petrol is not affordable to aam public, but still consumption going up?
I am not saying it is not affordable, but talking about the foul play happening underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Personally speaking, even though I feel the pinch of high prices, I somewhat agree with the overall policy of consolidating fiscal situation. This is like short term loss for long term gain.
The government can make money in 2 ways:

i) as taxes and
ii) by the profit from selling

Agree that private players can make money only from selling the fuel in profit.

But when the international prices are going down, govt is not always raising the taxes. That means, a lot of money is going as profit to both government and private parties. When we say that a stable financial situation will always help, this is giving unnecessary advantage to the private players here. What is done to curb it? Earlier when the fuel was sold with losses, this was not the case.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th September 2016 at 10:00.
Old 16th September 2016, 10:06   #5637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Private players can make money from selling the fuel in profit... a lot of money is going as profit to both government and private parties... this is giving unnecessary advantage to the private players here. What is done to curb it?
Sir, once again, please check the break-up of fuel prices and compare the price of input fuel & taxes over last 2-3 years. You'll get the details of change. I can do it and share, but I am too lazy now.

By the way, how much is the market share between the Oil PSUs and private players ? I am not aware, please guide me. And, also whether the policy makers are so influenced by the miscule market share players, that they'll change the policy towards them ? Hard to imagine.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:04   #5638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Fuel prices are no longer subsidized as it was before. Now government is only making money. More consumption = more money for government. The least they could do was to cut prices in a closer proportion to the fall in global crude prices.

If not, let government clearly say fuel pricing is not deregulated. Aam aadmi really does not have much choice.
These are all word play. Do you think a country which imports 90% of oil can truly deregulate the prices? Always demand will outstrip supply. There is no market play in India so long as oil sector is completely in public sector with highly fixed prices. Govt is not going to let that go since taxes on petroleum is the major source of revenue in a country like India where just 4% pay income tax.
Old 16th September 2016, 13:36   #5639
BHPian

Adding more fuel to the fire!!

Quote:
To pay for the enhanced rental demanded by Delhi Development Authority (DDA) for giving out land for petrol pumps, state-run oil marketing companies (OMCs) are contemplating a countrywide increase in petrol and diesel prices. According to an Indian Express report, Petroleum ministry has approached the Ministry of Urban Development — under which the DDA falls — to resolve the license fee issue amicably. If that doesn’t happen, OMCs would have to pay the fees and the interest thereon, and recover it by raising fuel prices. As per the plan, instead of raising prices only in Delhi, the “burden of higher rental” be passed on countrywide with 75 per cent of the burden on all-India basis and balance 25 per cent on Delhi market.
http://www.financialexpress.com/econ...e-hike/379169/
Old 16th September 2016, 15:06   #5640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Well, this seems to be more of a speculation. But, who would want to pay that extra few cents to compensate for the license fee issues in Delhi, unless people in Delhi are ready to compensate for the liquor rates in other states.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks