Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 22:58   #4831
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

RSR, Sunnyboi! I am petrolhead too and I get angered everytime they do that. Please post on as many sites as you can the fact that aam junta, read voter class consumes petrol and not diesel since they ride only two wheelers. Once this fact sinks in the heads of the moron politicians who are still stuck in 70s when petrol meant car users so tax 'em to glory , then they will make sure petrol prices come down. They just want votes. Nothing else. Just post this on twitter, facebook, whatsapp ...whatever. Hope this will have some effect.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 23:02   #4832
BHPian

It will be interesting to see how private oil companies react to this increase. Will they follow Government price changes or pass the benefits to consumers?
Old 16th June 2015, 00:05   #4833
BHPian

Just when I thought that the petrol prices would not increase anytime soon, it goes and does just that. I was still getting used to the last steep hike that we had in the not too distant past. Anyway, will that prevent me from my weekend joy rides? No. Will that prevent me from getting to work? No. Will that prevent me from running errands on my bike/car? No. The Mango Man will not raise his voice or strike no matter how much they increase the prices and our Govts. know this very well. We still have to get to work, drop our children to school, to buy provisions and to run errands because we can't afford not to. So who better to fleece than the Mango Man. May his tribe live a pathetic life at the cost of our Govts. incapabilities.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 07:56   #4834
BANNED

In Kanpur the price of petrol is up by 0.99 to ₹74.14 and Diesel is down by 1.34 to ₹55.81.

This two way movement foxes me. If input costs are up then it should be on both, and vice versa. This fortnight with Brent dropping and the ₹ depreciating I was expecting a small drop or zero change.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what Reliance & Essar do? Unfortunately, Reliance pump near Kanpur (NH25) is still not working. I think the Essar near Jajmau is, but using the bypass I do not go there on my way to Lucknow.
Old 16th June 2015, 08:14   #4835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
In Kanpur the price of petrol is up by 0.99 to ₹74.14 and Diesel is down by 1.34 to ₹55.81.

This two way movement foxes me. If input costs are up then it should be on both, and vice versa. This fortnight with Brent dropping and the ₹ depreciating I was expecting a small drop or zero change.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what Reliance & Essar do? Unfortunately, Reliance pump near Kanpur (NH25) is still not working. I think the Essar near Jajmau is, but using the bypass I do not go there on my way to Lucknow.
Is this not some kind of lobby by the diesel car manufacturers so that people start buying diesel cars.
Earlier the difference between petrol and diesel was not that drastic. So why one would shell out extra lakh and a half (min) to buy a diesel car .
But now the difference in the price of petrol and diesel is back to what it was all these years.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 08:28   #4836
Senior - BHPian

I came here to vent my anger on the strange price increase and decrease but I see that many others have already reached here and said more than what I had in mind

Looking at the economy as a whole, this is why the foreign Companies cannot understand India and look elsewhere to invest their money. First we say lets de-regulate diesel, then we blatantly regulate it, we want diesel to be cheap but we ban diesel cars that are 15 years old. The foreign Companies are not sure that we will stick to our policies in the long run and hence many have no long term plans for us, they prefer to be fly-by-night operators

The message I am getting is that the policy makers want us to buy new diesel cars and sell them as scrap after 15 years. That way, we will again be in the market in 15 years' time for a new diesel car and the manufacturer does not have to keep spare parts available for the diesel model that was sold to us 15 years ago

I am already seeing longer queues at Shell than at BP, IOC or HP, and I know it would be too much to expect Shell to keep playing straight, afterall, they too are here to make money
TheARUN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 10:15   #4837
BANNED

The manipulators at their best. They are doing it everywhere. Then why they need to exempt the Petrol prices? Do it continuously, and let the Petrol prices touch Rs 100. Get enough money from the oil companies and save your future.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:04   #4838
Distinguished - BHPian

Asked the question to our petroleum minister and PMO on twitter - how can petrol rise and diesel fall if both come from the same crude oil? Not that am hoping for a convincing answer or even a response as such. Let's see.

I am really surprised our fodder hungry media is mum on this topic except simply reporting the hikes.
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:08   #4839
Senior - BHPian

The reason given in some of the newspapers is that "International prices for Petrol has gone up, and that of Diesel has gone down".
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:09   #4840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Asked the question to our petroleum minister and PMO on twitter - how can petrol rise and diesel fall if both come from the same crude oil? Not that am hoping for a convincing answer or even a response as such. Let's see.

I am really surprised our fodder hungry media is mum on this topic except simply reporting the hikes.
The problem is media has been sold on the idea that there is now 'full fuel pricing decontrol' on petrol & diesel.

Next battleground has to be to break the oil company cartel & make the whole pricing structure transparent.

But Govt has no interest in this as they want to control & manipulate fuel taxation. This is why we must demand petroleum also comes under GST, this will make it more transparent & less difficult to manipulate.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:12   #4841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Whenever a price drop is announced, it is always INCLUDING taxes. i.e., if a 1.35rs drop is announced, it is exactly 1.35rs

However, an increase is always EXCLUDING taxes. 0.65rs increase will result in 1rs of increment.

Another way the oil companies/government is hoodwinking the mango man.
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:37   #4842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
The reason given in some of the newspapers is that "International prices for Petrol has gone up, and that of Diesel has gone down".
That is a joke. Now they are really taking people to be fools. I am searching for whether there is an existing PIL in the Supreme Court regarding oil price de-regulation and formula to be more transparent. If not, will file one soon.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:49   #4843
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
That is a joke. Now they are really taking people to be fools.
Absolutely! They really think they can do as they please, and fools in the form of mango people will believe whatever blatant lies they utter and whatever rubbish their shameless stooges in the mainstream media faithfully regurgitate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
I am searching for whether there is an existing PIL in the Supreme Court regarding oil price de-regulation and formula to be more transparent. If not, will file one soon.
Thank you so much for your initiative with the Supreme Court PIL, Vitalstatistiks! Only such a step can rein in these out-of-control extortionists.

In case you need funding to meet the legal expenses and incidental costs, do consider online crowdfunding. Many will be happy to take part in your effort by contributing to such a vital cause.

Last edited by RSR : 16th June 2015 at 12:04.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 13:00   #4844
Senior - BHPian

Having tracked Shell fuel price movement pretty closely along with the PSU pricing, I have no hopes from the likes of Reliance and Essar. It's pretty clear there is some understanding between the private players and the Govt. regards to fuel pricing and they are NOT allowed to price it lower by any meaningful margin (few paise here and there may be allowed to give the impression that there is no secret pack between the Govt and the private player). I have an Essar petrol bunk on my way to office.. will check the prices today but I am sure the prices will toe the ones given by the PSU OMCs.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 09:31   #4845
BANNED

Now it is clear how the oil PSUs make a profit. Do the pricing on an international parity, and the costs are on the basket which is much lower! The difference is gravy to them and the government.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks