Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 11:35   #646
BHPian

The lefties have been screwing India up in the last five years. Frankly I can't understand whether they have any logic in whatever they do.

Its just too frustrating the way they go around their antics.

My sympathies for all the people living in West Bengal and Kerela for all the bandhs they cause.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:46   #647
BHPian

Bangalore takes the crown of highest price in Country.. Petrol is Rs. 58.88/l and diesel is 39.60/l
Old 5th June 2008, 11:55   #648
Senior - BHPian

Correction:

Normal Diesel : 39.80/l
Premium Diesel: 40.45/l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Bangalore takes the crown of highest price in Country.. Petrol is Rs. 58.88/l and diesel is 39.60/l
Old 5th June 2008, 11:55   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hurray, we scored the highest!! We took revenge for loosing IPL.

We heroes should opt for hero cycles.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:01   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha! Blood boiling stuff this is!
Old 5th June 2008, 12:01   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am not going to comment on whether its justifiable or not; to each his own. But when a BMW owner fills up to avoid the midnight price hike, who's to comment on all those regular sedans & hatches in the long que?
Well i really don't see the differentiation if its a BMW or a Nano fueling up, valuing your hard earned money is regardless....like i said the petrol pump had a new C-class and an E right in front of me along with a few accords and majority were sedans(6-12lakh bracket).

I just love a good bang for the buck ... But would i make a special trip just to fill up or wait in line for over 15 mins... NOPE!

Incidently i have a friend who has two E classes and he wanted me to help him drive one and he the other to beat the price hike.... now thats pushing it !
Old 5th June 2008, 12:05   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BJP was shedding crocodile tears y'day on the miseries of common man due to fuel price hike!

If they are really sincere about the welfare of a common man, let them atleast in their BJP governed states, reduce the excise & tax on fuels!

Atleast Left parties showed they don't just talk, they take action too, by reducing the tax on fuels in WB.

Last edited by finneyp : 5th June 2008 at 12:14.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:09   #653
Team-BHP Support

Sonia Gandhi has told Congress run states CMs to cut the taxes to minimize the hit.
I wonder if BJP will take a similar step due to populist needs.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:12   #654
BHPian

The price hike was expected. What with the cost of crude oil going to 130 a barrel. The hike had to be passed onto the consumers. BJP and Left on TV last night were just playing to the gallery. They are as usual politicising the whole thing, with their eye on the election. But the best slap on their face was when the NDTV survey showed that nearly 70% of the consumers do not blame the government. I think the consumers at large are more educated and knowledgable then what the politicians make us out to be. This was expected and we have to live with it. Buy the way I do not support the Congress. The Govt. has falied us on many a front. But this is something that had to be done. If we can afford this hike then we continue living the way we have done till date or if we cannot then we need to adjust to it. For the first couple of times we fillup after the fuel hike it will pinch us, but after sometime we condition ourselves to live with it. This has happened in the past and it will happen again. Just another bump in this journey called life.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:13   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Atleast Left parties showed they don't just talk, they take action too, by reducung the tax on fuels in WB.
They have their reasons. Reducing taxes on fuel makes them popular in the state. And they just lost a few key seats in the Panchayat elections. Good timing to get some votes back for the future, don't you think?
Old 5th June 2008, 12:13   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Sonia Gandhi has told Congress run states CMs to cut the taxes to minimize the hit.
You mean we see a cut in New Delhi rates?
Old 5th June 2008, 12:29   #657
Senior - BHPian

I guess we guys in Hyd pay the highest in the country--it is bloody Rs 56.70, from the earlier 51.10.
Whenever there is a hike, there is yet another hike in A.P. For instance, the hike of Rs 5 should have brought the new rate to Rs 56.10, but it is 56.70! I guess it has something to do with the cess NTR had introduced decades ago.
I guess I need to look for a job in NCR
Old 5th June 2008, 12:29   #658
BANNED

Cess story of Bangalore
  • 1995: Introduced as a mass rapid transit system cess on petrol-diesel sold in Bangalore metropolitan area.
  • 1998: Expanded state-wide as infrastructure cess on all products, to cover road construction, Bangalore’s mass rapid transit system and other infrastructure works.
  • 2002: Cess on petrol-diesel removed and merged with sales tax.
  • 2004: Road cess of 10 per cent added.
Quote:
56.70 is cheap . Bangalore pays 58.88.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I guess we guys in Hyd pay the highest in the country--it is bloody Rs 56.70, from the earlier 51.10.
Whenever there is a hike, there is yet another hike in A.P. For instance, the hike of Rs 5 should have brought the new rate to Rs 56.10, but it is 56.70! I guess it has something to do with the cess NTR had introduced decades ago.
To save 200 bucks a month?
Quote:
I guess I need to look for a job in NCR

Last edited by diabloo : 5th June 2008 at 12:31.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:32   #659
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Atleast Left parties showed they don't just talk, they take action too, by reducing the tax on fuels in WB.
Do you seriously think that "any political party" in this country actually thinks about the common man? Its all vote banks, and all political parties are the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
They have their reasons. Reducing taxes on fuel makes them popular in the state. And they just lost a few key seats in the Panchayat elections. Good timing to get some votes back for the future, don't you think?
Yes, its always about votes
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You mean we see a cut in New Delhi rates?
Not much, Delhi taxes are already on the lower side. I think they will cut diesel rates to Punjab levels, and Petrol rates to Haryana levels.
It will actually bring in more money because many Gurgaon and UP dwellers will start coming to Delhi to tank up.
For example, If I fill up in Delhi I have to drive 5kms(2.5+2.5) and If I will up in Noida I have to drive 2kms.
If I do this fillup from office, its just adds 2 kms to my commute. So I always fill up in Delhi .

If Delhi cuts fuel prices to Haryana levels for Petrol and Punjab levels for Diesel, you will have even more people filling up in Delhi.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:37   #660
SuperSyn

Asking states to cut their taxes is harsh, most of non-congress states are totally dependent on whatever revenues they can generate themselves for their various programs. Lots of politicking in getting approvals / sanctions from New Delhi.

If the prices have to be kept in check at all, the best way would be to reduce the duties at the point of import itself. But that will reduce the income for Sonia&Co.

Reality is no one truly wants to reduce the rates and, consequently, their share of income. Babus will always find a way to increase the budget and spend all they can extract from bhartiya janta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks