Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 15:17   #676
Senior - BHPian

I do not understand .. the talk is that Rs. 5 has been increased.

But in Delhi the price of petrol was Rs 43.XX is now Rs 50.XX

that's not 5 bucks increase
Old 5th June 2008, 15:19   #677
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

no one has any right to call you or anyone else "cheap" for trying to save your hard earned money.
Whenever my folks drive from TN to K'taka I always request them to fill up do atleast a top up in Hosur before coming in.
why not?
The price in Hosur is different from the price in Chennai - I think there is a variance of a few paise here and there.
Alas, till MRP pricing/ parity comes in if at all, we who live in K'taka aint got no option but to pay and play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Anybody know the price in Hosur? Call me cheap if you wish but I try and fill in TN before entering KA when I drive into Bangalore. Its the same fuel, why pay more in Bangalore + I have a very recent fuel bill in TN

Same on the return.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:19   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
But in Delhi the price of petrol was Rs 43.XX is now Rs 50.XX

that's not 5 bucks increase
Delhi price was 45.XX, not 43.XX
Old 5th June 2008, 15:27   #679
Senior - BHPian

I clearly remember paying Rs. 43.XX for petrol .. I confirmed with my driver today morning also. And he told me the same Rs. 43.XX ? lol
Old 5th June 2008, 15:30   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
I clearly remember paying Rs. 43.XX for petrol .. I confirmed with my driver today morning also. And he told me the same Rs. 43.XX ? lol
There was a 2 buck hike sometime ago - I hope you're not getting mixed up with the price prior to that hike (which was 43.XX)
Old 5th June 2008, 15:35   #681
Team-BHP Support

The exact price of Motor spirit in Delhi was 45.56 before this hike.
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited: Petrol Prices and Retail selling prices
Look at the bottom. the price is for 23-May-2008
Old 5th June 2008, 15:39   #682
Senior - BHPian

probably ! My radar stopped registering after the last hike.

People should now move wholesale to CNG, because it can be sourced from Krishna/Godavari belt in India as well as from Gujarat. Also CNG can be converted from Biogas (Gobargas). An avg sized farm can produce enough CNG to fuel a car for an year.

Petrol to be used sparingly only during contingency or emergency where more power is needed.

It is of utmost important to defeat the global speculators who are hand-in-glove with certain govts in the west to defraud people of their wealth. There is also a US dollar angle to it. Since the dollar is weakening, it gives the Bush regime another reason to support a rise in oil prices since that helps balance the sinking dollar. So they are also testing how much they can raise the fuel price.

As soon as the crude prices start coming down George Bush has incorporated a beast called *Strategic Reserve* which suddenly starts purchasing oil at falling price, and as soon as speculators get information that the *Strategic Reserve* is being tanked up the prices stop falling and start going up. It is a huge scam.

Fuel price scam is the biggest scam of the 20-21st century. What should never cost above $40/barrel even at the worst of times is being sold at a whopping $130. It is daylight robbery being caused by big funds/speculators and profiteers mainly sitting in the London/NY/Belgium.

But excuses being given are India, China, Mars, Pluto, Peak Oil, Oil wells drying up etc. There are now reports that western oil companies are now themselves hoarding oil and creating supply scarcity in the market. Also they have stopped *declaring* new finds and new oil wells which are easy to detect with the latest microwave technology. In US they have stopped building any new refinaries since 70s also creating an artificial scarcity scenario there.

People are being taken for a ride big time. ARISE AND AWAKE MY FRIENDS.

OR ELSE IT IS YOUR FREEDOM THAT SHALL BE COMPROMISED.

Last edited by lurker : 5th June 2008 at 15:43.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:42   #683
BHPian

I feel lucky about saving some bucks

I had gone to my Uncle's farm house on sunday. On the way back I topped up 42 Ltrs & filled the tank @50.xx as against 52.8x in BLR. (& now 58.5x)

cheers:

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 5th June 2008 at 15:43.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:43   #684
Senior - BHPian

Even me here. I tanked my car up only on sunday. Horray, I also saved some bucks. But guys, any ideas that new govt in Karnataka might reduce the taxes/cesses on petrol? They are supposed to meet today/tomorrow. Even my favourite Masala Dosa in Darshini (near my house) will cost more. ;-(
Old 5th June 2008, 19:13   #685
Senior - BHPian

What is not getting digested by my brain is the difference of prices all over India !! Why is metros have different pricing for the same product ? Does anyone know Pakistan selling petrol at different prices within the country? What about China pricing at various cities ? I guess atleast in Middle East there is a uniform price within a specific country. May be people who travel a lot would be able to compare the scenario ! Enlightenment awaited !

Last edited by shajufx : 5th June 2008 at 19:15.
Old 5th June 2008, 19:30   #686
Senior - BHPian

Its very strange prices changes state to state. I heard next month pricess might come down little bit in Karnataka, New governament is trying to come up with some different offers to continue gaining public impression. So I am sure one can expect Small decrease of fuel prices next month during budget session.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th June 2008, 19:42   #687
Senior - BHPian

Zee News - sonia bjp sales tax !

"Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday asked the party Chief Ministers across the country to affect a cut in sales tax on petroleum products."

"West Bengal said it will incur a 5-billion-rupee loss by cutting sales tax on petrol to 20 percent from 25 percent earlier, and sales tax on diesel to 12.5 percent from 17 percent.
"

"Opposition-ruled Bihar has also cut sales tax on diesel by 1.64 percentage points to 18.36 percent and on petrol by 2.5 percentage points to 24.5 percent, nearly negating the fuel price hike"

Lucky guys!
Old 5th June 2008, 19:45   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Its very strange prices changes state to state. I heard next month pricess might come down little bit in Karnataka, New governament is trying to come up with some different offers to continue gaining public impression. So I am sure one can expect Small decrease of fuel prices next month during budget session.

Regards,

Ravi.
Lets hope so. Since they've used recent increase in prices against the central govt in their campaigning they have to deliver. But then a politicians promise is always been

cheers:
Old 5th June 2008, 19:56   #689
BHPian

When there isnt any oil left, what can govt going to do about it? Nothing!

What Indians need to do is impose better traffic management and rules. Doing this will help achieve better mileage. Pressing on brakes all the time is not good for mileage.
(no wonder indians always complain "iska mileage kya hai")

Old 5th June 2008, 22:44   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Regards,

Ravi.
Even the centre might propose a Rs.-2 on petrol, -1 on diesel and -20 on LPG cylinder(totally my guesses). Isn't this their regular trick? Propose a hike of Rs.10 on Petrol, hike Rs.5 and then rollback Rs.2. Also, considering we are sitting on the election year, this has to happen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks