Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 21:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

This is a completley different version of the Accord which is smaller than the accord which we get here..

SO THIS IS NOT A FACELIFT this model is smaller then the INdian market accord which is also sold in US.

THe one pictured here is sold in Europe, Singapore and some ASEAN Countries.

THe accord which we get in India is not sold with a diesel engine any where where as the model shown here is sold with a 2.2L I-cdti engine. ( Common Rail)
Old 29th December 2008, 22:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

It is the Acura TSX. Everything which applies to that car applies to this car.

To quote Wikipedia:

The Acura TSX is an entry-level luxury car manufactured by Honda. Introduced in April 2003, it was sold only in the United States and Canada, but from the 2009 model year on it will also be available in Mexico. It is sold in North America under the Acura luxury marque, where it filled the gap as Acura's 4-door, entry-level sedan when the Integra sedan was discontinued in 2001 (1996 in Canada since the EL was the Integra sedan's replacement there). The TSX would also eventually replace the Acura RSX (which in turn succeeded the Acura Integra coupe). As of 2008, the TSX is the smallest vehicle in the Acura model line, other than the Civic-based CSX (and the preceding 1.6/1.7EL) sold only in Canada. All TSXs are built in Sayama, Saitama, Japan.

The TSX is badge engineered from the CL-series Accord (also known as the European Accord or JDM Accord) sold in Europe, Japan and Australia. The TSX initially had a restyled interior and different suspension tuning than the European Accord when it was introduced, however since 2008 the interior is now standardized for all three markets. In the Australian & New Zealand, the CL-series is sold Accord Euro, a smaller mid-size car, where the USDM Accord is sold in the large car category. In North American, the TSX is sold alongside the mid-size luxury Acura TL, which itself is based on the USDM Accord, as well as the USDM Accords sold under the Honda name.

As you can see, the Accord name has a bit of a convoluted application all over the world.
Old 30th December 2008, 08:43   #78
Senior - BHPian

Good one Immortalz.. that is what i was trying to explain. So hope this clears the doubt and we get to the conclusion finally that Honda Accord CL(European Version) = Acura TSX for USDM.
Old 30th December 2008, 10:37   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Oh please, please, please, oh please, Honda, sell this version here. Maybe alongside the current Accord if the market requires it.

I would love to see some Acuras here.
Me too. For one prime reason, if Acura comes so will Lexus !
Old 30th December 2008, 10:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Honda should have had this in India. I don't know why they decided to give the bigger size U.S spec accord just to compete with Camry's size.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

They gave the USDM Accord here because for Indians, three things matter:

1) Badge
2) Size
3) Mileage
Old 30th December 2008, 14:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
They gave the USDM Accord here because for Indians, three things matter:

1) Badge
2) Size
3) Mileage
The JDM version has the two from above.

Talking about size, VW is introducing bigger, not so polished Passat and Jetta in U.S. They think all U.S cares about is size (Camry, Accord) and they have no eye for detail.
Old 30th December 2008, 17:36   #83
BHPian

Both the pictures are of the same car, although one posted a few months ago. The number on the both the cars is the same.

It might be possible that Honda may come out with this car under a different name altogether and price it around 25 Lakhs. And knowing us, people would buy it not knowing that its the same car. Just a wild guess .
Old 5th January 2009, 21:05   #84
BHPian

Guys,

This is a Honda model which is under testing for the last 6 months. I also have photographs of the same car which was parked in my locality as one of Honda's top executive stays here.
Old 12th March 2009, 17:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Honda Accord Euro Spied While Testing

Hi Guys,

Im new on Team BHP. Here's what i spotted yesterday in New Delhi near the RAJGHAT, not too far away from the Noida Expressway. It was the Honda Accord Euro being tested.
Honda had not made an effort to hide the car although all the badging was missing. I was quick to recognize it as i am a big Honda Fan, incidentally my entire family drive hondas. It didnt have the honda logo either but when i got closer i could see the similar accord dashboard. The Honda SIEL Factory is in Greater Noida, and the car had a temporary registration from Uttar Pradesh. When i tried to get closer the test driver nervously tried to zip away.

Do reply back and let me know what you think....are they going to launch this car in India? They already have the regular accord here, how would they be able to position this car? Its just slightly bigger than the civic. Although quite hot!!

Note from Mods : Please do not type in all bold text. You must take a look at this thread before continuing. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-accord-euro-2.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-accord-euro-3.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2009 at 00:38. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:19   #86
BHPian

Maybe Acura is on its way??
Old 12th March 2009, 18:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

This same car has been doing the rounds of the city for a very long time now.

I still feel Honda should have launched the Euro Accord over the North American one.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2009 at 19:16. Reason: Merged thanks. Please use REPORT POST button in the future.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:25   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

This one has been spotted before. I hope this is the new V6 to justify the speculated 25lac price tag!
Old 12th March 2009, 18:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This one has been spotted before. I hope this is the new V6 to justify the speculated 25lac price tag!
The current Accord V6 is expected at Rs.25 lacs. So if this is launched as the Acura then it should be priced much higher!
Old 12th March 2009, 20:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

Some pics i took some days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-img_0143.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-img_0144.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-img_0145.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks