Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 23:55   #91
BHPian

I don't want to mention this, but I think I will. I've done the odd looking for a non-existent 5th gear when driving a 4-speed or getting wipers & indicators mixed up when driving a friend's car.

But one thing I'll never live down was when I was doing a very tight parking manoeuver and could not see some stones on the curb on the left side of the Scorpio late at night. Hence, I kept getting down and walking to the other side to judge the distance and see how much closer I could get before hitting something. After about two such moves, I walked back to the driver's side of the Scorpio, got in and was in for a shock - there was no steering wheel or pedals!

It took me a moment to realise I had got into the right side back seat instead of the front.

Fortunately, no witnesses.
Cheers,
Old 20th November 2008, 00:19   #92
BHPian

@Roshun: It was late at night so I guess you can justify that!

@Thad: Man that is hilarious!!

By the way when one of my friends from UK went to Sweden, he was driving on the wrong side of the road and taking roundabouts from the left(instead of right) side as well!! Fortunately when he stopped to ask directions, he was told of his small "Mistake"!!
Old 20th November 2008, 00:51   #93
BHPian

I have a habit of closing the door lock when stepping out of car so that when I close the door, it gets lock and I don't need to do it using keys. Often at home when I have not used my car for some weeks, I start the engine for few minutes for battery charging and other fluid curculation. Now when I step out, I lock the door (its like a reflex action) and just after the door closes with its clicking sound, I realize that car is start, key is in ignition ofcourse and all doors locked with all windows up.
Old 20th November 2008, 04:01   #94
Team-BHP Support

Waltham, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Windsor Village.
Wow! Windsor Village in Waltham is a very popular place.
Lots of Indians there, and yes it does have very steep inclines.

Had friends there earlier, and a cousin of mine just moved out last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga
After parking my car, I try to open the house door with the remote key that is still in the hand
I tried something like that with my wife.
Lock means you stop talking, Unlock means you can start talking.

Needless to say, she wasn't amused and my next few days were misery redefined.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th November 2008 at 04:08.
Old 20th November 2008, 04:26   #95

I press the gas pedal instead of the brake every time I drive.
Old 20th November 2008, 07:21   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Stopping at a green signal...
I have done that, nearly got beaten up too :(
Old 20th November 2008, 08:38   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I have a habit of closing the door lock when stepping out of car so that when I close the door, it gets lock and I don't need to do it using keys. Often at home when I have not used my car for some weeks, I start the engine for few minutes for battery charging and other fluid curculation. Now when I step out, I lock the door (its like a reflex action) and just after the door closes with its clicking sound, I realize that car is start, key is in ignition ofcourse and all doors locked with all windows up.
Er - how did you manage to get out of that situation!
Old 20th November 2008, 09:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Er - how did you manage to get out of that situation!

since he is at home, so its quite obvious that he would just open the car using the duplicate keys !
Old 20th November 2008, 10:38   #99
BHPian

My left foot searches for an imaginery dead pedal in M800 as I drive Verna usually.
Old 20th November 2008, 10:47   #100
BHPian

Here at traffic lights where we can take a left or right turn the lights don't go off together, as in first the lights for straight (for both directions) and then for the turn and I have accidentally taken the car when it was for only the straight and got a face full of fists with fingers and a whole lot of name callings but no accidents fortunately.

Not done this many times, but has happened a couple of times.

Lights like these:

Name:  arrowtypeba8.gif
Views: 693
Size:  101.8 KB
Old 20th November 2008, 17:30   #101
BHPian

two things which often do are power window and seatbelt errors as mentioned by Danlalan.

one of friends once opend hood while trying to adjust the steering wheel indicator and wiper mistakes are common.

and on my bullet my friends often hit the gear instead of beaks :P very dangerous

and one more classic but true, engaging 4th gear while trying to engage reverse gear, he he he

Last edited by throttleking : 20th November 2008 at 17:37.
Old 21st November 2008, 19:34   #102

Err..ahem - LCD?

How about banging into the vehicle in front while trying to see what movie was playing inside the car next to you. Thank god the speed was slow as i was coming to a halt for a red. Just proves the point LCD is a distraction for the drivers.
Old 24th November 2008, 14:46   #103
BHPian

I remember this incident from the college days. I was habitual on my pulsar 150. Got my friend's new CBZ to go on a date with a girl. The gears of CBZ were total opposite from my pulsar. It was so embarrassing shifting to a lower gear again and again by mistake, and the bike making worse sounds than my heart at that time!
No guessing, that was first and last date with tat girl and i never drove CBZ after that
Old 25th November 2008, 17:51   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Back during the boston days, there was a Mr. Sameer Thakkar in our university (owner of a certain dry fruits store) who owned a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Nice guy, but incredibly absent minded. He was just way too careless for his own good.
Thanks GTO, guess what this guy is a friend's friend and we meet up often. This incident will give us a lot to talk about when we meet up next time!

By the way he now drives a civic
Old 1st December 2008, 09:57   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpaw View Post
I press the gas pedal instead of the brake every time I drive.
I believe, most of us did that while learning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks