Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 22:44   #331
BHPian

Okay every one got it seriously wrong so I wrote to the Product Manager at Fiat India, here's the reply that I got.I am really sorry for the previous posting conforming the December 16th date.Take this as an apology.

"
Hi Muneem,
Nice to hear from you. We have not yet officially announced the date for Fiat Linea launch to public.As you know we are all set to launch the vehicle, all preparations are done, but in the wake of recent terror attacks in Mumbai & continuous threat on public safety, including that of foreign expatriates, we are reconsidering the dates. Also it’ll not be seen wise to hold a ceremonious function at the time of a general low sentiment in masses as a result of the recent event.

I would request you to please desist from announcing any launch date as of now till you receive an official notification in this regards
"

Last edited by muneemmk : 9th December 2008 at 22:48. Reason: Formatting gone wrong
Old 9th December 2008, 23:01   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Okay every one got it seriously wrong so I wrote to the Product Manager at Fiat India, here's the reply that I got.I am really sorry for the previous posting conforming the December 16th date.Take this as an apology.

"
Hi Muneem,
Nice to hear from you. We have not yet officially announced the date for Fiat Linea launch to public.As you know we are all set to launch the vehicle, all preparations are done, but in the wake of recent terror attacks in Mumbai & continuous threat on public safety, including that of foreign expatriates, we are reconsidering the dates. Also it’ll not be seen wise to hold a ceremonious function at the time of a general low sentiment in masses as a result of the recent event.

I would request you to please desist from announcing any launch date as of now till you receive an official notification in this regards
"
Thanks a ton Muneem. With this piece of info, I hope the ifs and buts about will be paused for a while.. Fiat has got it spot on this time (though I feel December itself was a bit too late). It is not at all an auspicious time to launch a product when all the attention is on the tragic incident happened on 26/11.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:32   #333
Senior - BHPian

@Muneem-
Thanks for the confirmation. So Jan it is now. Lets wait more and more..
Old 10th December 2008, 07:30   #334
BHPian

Just read in TOI dt 10/12 the launches of FIAT, Mahindra, Benz has been posponed in to go with the national sentiment in not having any celebration due to the Terrosit attack in Bombay therefore no launches NOW

IMO as Linea is an important model to Fiat for there comeback in India the Topbrass are taking a cautious approach taking into the consideration the Economic recession, India Pakistan Tussle, Public mood, LokSabha Elections, Stars, Moon, etc etc therefore its going to be loooooooooooong wait

Moderators pls close this thread as there is no sign of launch till 2010 ( they may launch New model Linea ) therefore its waste of time discussing this current Model.
Old 10th December 2008, 08:24   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Moderators pls close this thread as there is no sign of launch till 2010
I think their brilliant market research would have indicated that there would be no point in launching the car at all. Mebbe we can expect a redesigned all new Linea with a 75 bhp "very smooth" diesel engine in 2011 - which will get postponed to 2013 because they are getting the plant up & running

I am outta here once again. see you back in Jan, if there's a launch.
Old 10th December 2008, 09:36   #336
BHPian

On a lighter side, why don't we change the thread title from "FIAT Linea production started" to "FIAT Linea production stopped" ?
Old 10th December 2008, 10:08   #337
BHPian

Actually speaking, this thread should be moved to the jokes section.

The Best Joke of the Year "Launched/Un_Launched/To_Be_Launched ... The Great Fiat Linea"
Old 10th December 2008, 10:08   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
On a lighter side, why don't we change the thread title from "FIAT Linea production started" to "FIAT Linea production stopped" ?
No it should be 'Fiat Linea production started, will be launched in Jan'2009 if all goes well!'
Old 10th December 2008, 10:48   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
No it should be 'Fiat Linea production started, will be launched in Jan'2009 if all goes well!'
I guess the launch will now take place only in Feb.

The ANHC is here. Fiesta is raining discounts. Aveo never took off. SX4 sales are going down (?).. and still we have to bear with their nonsense of public sentiments ?

When Indian cricket team can start playing without any sentiment. When Sheila Dixit can distribute sweets without any sentiment. When stock market can rise 5-10% DoD, what exactly is this sentiment that Fiat is talking about ?
Old 10th December 2008, 10:55   #340
BHPian

Thanks Muneemmk for the info. I agree with the decision taken by FIAT and hope they launch the linea in Jan 2009 and GP before June 2009. Till then hang on guys.
It should be a good wait to save the extra cash for the down payment which would result in less loan taken from the bank...(For guys like me!!)
Old 10th December 2008, 11:01   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When Indian cricket team can start playing without any sentiment. When Sheila Dixit can distribute sweets without any sentiment. When stock market can rise 5-10% DoD, what exactly is this sentiment that Fiat is talking about ?
Indian cricket team and politicians are shameless, they really don't care about anything as long as their pockets are being filled up. Stock market has always risen after every terror attack - probably trying to send a strong message rather then due to fundamentals. Besides, cricket team playing and politicians winning elections don't cost us money but buying a car does.

I am with this decision of Fiat , M&M and other car makers. The economic slowdown and the terror attacks has really dampened the mood of the people. I am spending more time at the Reuters, TOI, CNN and NDTV websites then team-bhp in the recent past.

Besides, the launch is probably going to happen in a 5 star hotel. How many of us will venture out to a 5 star hotel at this time? Let's also not forget that many countries have put out advisories to it's citizens against travelling to Mumbai due to which a couple of top brass at Fiat Italy may have cancelled their visit to India. At our micro level, a couple of our Japanese suppliers cancelled their visit to India after the terror attacks and we were supposed to meet at our office!

There are a lot of factors at play here. Let's not make fun of any of these companies and respect the fact that they are respecting our sentiments at a difficult time like this.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:19   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

There are a lot of factors at play here. Let's not make fun of any of these companies and respect the fact that they are respecting our sentiments at a difficult time like this.
Well if you look at it, there is on an average one bomb blast or something like that almost every month in India! Mumbai wasnt an isolated incident. But life never stops. People get up, undust themselves and go back to office next day. I dont know what special difficult times you are pointing out over here?

If Fiat are waiting for good times, good luck to them! As for me, there is no better time than today to do anything!
Old 10th December 2008, 11:27   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Indian cricket team and politicians are shameless, they really don't care about anything as long as their pockets are being filled up. Stock market has always risen after every terror attack - probably trying to send a strong message rather then due to fundamentals.

Ok if cricket team and politicians are shameless then what about the thousands who watch after buying tickets its absurd to think by not having any development or innaguration one can send strong message to fundamentals

Besides, cricket team playing and politicians winning elections don't cost us money but buying a car does.

Are sure buy not spending for car, u can control terrorism

I am with this decision of Fiat , M&M and other car makers. The economic slowdown and the terror attacks has really dampened the mood of the people. I am spending more time at the Reuters, TOI, CNN and NDTV websites then team-bhp in the recent past.

Besides, the launch is probably going to happen in a 5 star hotel. How many of us will venture out to a 5 star hotel at this time? Let's also not forget that many countries have put out advisories to it's citizens against travelling to Mumbai due to which a couple of top brass at Fiat Italy may have cancelled their visit to India. At our micro level, a couple of our Japanese suppliers cancelled their visit to India after the terror attacks and we were supposed to meet at our office!

I have attended lot car innaguration when Altis was launched in chennai they did it in their own showroom don't talk rubbish that they dont get a place to launch

What sentiments are u talking have they got any concensus in it are did they went for any opinion poll, public mood is just against politicians and the terroist & also against pak have any individual has stopped or posponed his marriage or his family function ifso for how long is this going to happen may be for 1 year mourning? be sencible and direct ur anger towards the elements who are making terrorism and think how to stop in future
Old 10th December 2008, 11:30   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well if you look at it, there is on an average one bomb blast or something like that almost every month in India! Mumbai wasnt an isolated incident. But life never stops. People get up, undust themselves and go back to office next day. I dont know what special difficult times you are pointing out over here?
That sounded like our ex-deputy CM talking!

Trust me, if Mumbai wasn't an isolated incident no one, including you, would be going to work anywhere in India. Firing everywhere and anywhere inside train stations, hotels and cafe's are isolated incidents and thank God for that!
Old 10th December 2008, 11:38   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
The BCCI is not gonna buy Linea for their players nor Sheila Dixit after her electoral win! Let them celebrate..

Waise bhi does these people who represent INDIA ever cared for people's sentiments? Think...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks