Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 00:11   #301
BHPian

And from the pics, looks like no Automatic Climate Control either.

All the variants in UK come with 185/60 R15 footwear. Hope they don't downsize it too much for India
Old 7th May 2009, 02:28   #302
BHPian

Maruti Ritz

Official Site, with a countdown timer as well.
Old 7th May 2009, 10:56   #303
BHPian

the design is practical in form. they have kept it like that because you get more headroom at the back. if you dont keep the roof high you will get less headroom. and seats will get pused in front. so more probs for legroom.

this car i bet is more roomy than swift(especially at the back) and wagon R also.

guys you should look at these pics also.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:00   #304
BHPian

Last edited by Caramelo : 7th May 2009 at 11:05.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:05   #305
BHPian

Old 7th May 2009, 11:16   #306
Senior - BHPian

Its high time maruti started chopping off some of its products. India has been flogged enough with old models till recently. I guess its time alto was moved down to take up the 800's place (assuming phase out of 800) , the A-star to take the alto's place, chop off the estilo, move wagon R down and this creates enough space for the Ritz between the wagon R and the swift. Obviously Maruti has other ideas up its sleeves. wait and watch.
The latest issue of Top gear magazine has an interesting picture of all the generations of the 'alto' . nice pic. You guys gotta see it.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:18   #307
Senior - BHPian

As long as all of them sell, Maruti has every reason to keep milking the cow.. I think they are in the process of stopping the 800 production (emission norms etc.). The others I doubt if they would stop anytime soon.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:34   #308
Senior - BHPian

The design of the digital fuel indicator is small and hence impractical. It's going to be extremely difficult and strenuous to glance at it on the move.

Last edited by amit : 7th May 2009 at 11:37.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:47   #309
Senior - BHPian

If the girl in the back seat is the same as the one loading the crates, then the legroom seems decent. She looks average height (loading crates). Check the gap between the knees and the front seat (in the other picture).
Old 7th May 2009, 14:33   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
If the girl in the back seat is the same as the one loading the crates, then the legroom seems decent. She looks average height (loading crates). Check the gap between the knees and the front seat (in the other picture).
excellent observation!
The lady surely looks 5 7" or 5 8" and the gap between the front seat and the knees suggests that it is quite adequate.
Just waiting for the launch to happen so could have a TD and see the car personally!!
Old 7th May 2009, 14:54   #311
BHPian

Boot/luggage space almost as small as AStar

I am considering the Ritz, and checked a few UK reviews where Ritz/Splash already sells. Most of them mention that boot space is very small. It is 178liters including the 36 liter under-floor compartment. This compartment will be taken up by the spare tire in India, leaving only 142 liters of luggage space in the standard above-floor boot.
Suzuki News | Suzuki Splash mini-MPV

This is practically the same as the AStar's non-existent boot of 129 liters! (just 13 liters more).

I hope Maruti/Suzuki is not shooting itself by launching an MAV with such small boot. I know the rear-seat will fold flat, but where does the family go then?
Old 7th May 2009, 15:22   #312
Senior - BHPian

MSL seems to be intrested more in performance based models for our country and not practically family car where family and few luggage is covered along with which shows the design in A-star as well as new Ritz, why is space not given importance in their design for indian market?
Old 7th May 2009, 15:49   #313
Senior - BHPian

@Amit-The fuel indicator display is the same in A-Star.Its small and would require some time to get used to.I think it would be a matter of few weeks though as initially in the A-star i found it difficult and now i am used to it.Now for the climate control -available or not-No one mentioned of it in the course for that matter.will confirm some time later.
Guys Please dont compare the boot space with A-Star with those mathematics and wild guesses.Its bigger than the swift and more than 200 ltrs.Exact volume was not told.Visually what i felt is that it had enough space at the rear as well as boot.Rear leg room is very good.
cheers
ram
Old 7th May 2009, 15:55   #314
BHPian

Ritz boot space query

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
@Amit-The fuel indicator display is the same in A-Star.Its small and would require some time to get used to.I think it would be a matter of few weeks though as initially in the A-star i found it difficult and now i am used to it.Now for the climate control -available or not-No one mentioned of it in the course for that matter.will confirm some time later.
Guys Please dont compare the boot space with A-Star with those mathematics and wild guesses.Its bigger than the swift and more than 200 ltrs.Exact volume was not told.Visually what i felt is that it had enough space at the rear as well as boot.Rear leg room is very good.
cheers
ram
Does that mean that the Indian Ritz has different dimensions than the UK Splash? Otherwise, physical space in the boot is unlikely to be very different from the UK model.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:23   #315
BANNED

Companies are trying everything to decrease the size and and weight of small cars so as to increase the FE. Everything regarding small engines, small glass area, less rear legroom and non-existent boot space can be connected to this factor.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th May 2009 at 16:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks