Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:48   #181

@mycarhasablower I absolutely agree your point of view but still have a little doubt about the re-registration part. The cars from neighbouring states which are older than 15 years cannot be registered in Delhi NCR for sure but i don't know about the requisites of the emmission standards for cars less than 15 years old. As far as i remember Euro II Norms were notified to car manufacturers to comply in the year 2000-01 and production for Sierra has stopped by Tata's. Now if Euro II compliance is not an obligation required then a 98-99-00 model could be registered in Delhi as they would not be 15 years old. Nevertheless picking up Sierra from Delhi would save a lot of effort and time.
Old 13th March 2010, 07:26   #182
BHPian

Proud new Sierra Owner.

Hi guys,

Firstly, to be a part of such a huge community of Sierra Owners itself is a real proud feeling. I've always been in love with this car. Right from the time i went out for a drive with my uncle on his Tata Sierra. The music, the space, the car just drove me crazy.

Feels really awesome to own my first car, feels even more awesome to know its a Sierra. Feels the best after an ardious search for this vehicle spanning months. Had almost given up at a point after seeing some really beat up Sierras. But finally, i got my bull, I've already named him 'Gerrard' and 'Gerry' in short, after the famous Liverpool midfield goal driver. I'm an Arsenal fan though.

Gerry was born in the year 2000. He's done 69000 kms ODO. And yes, he has a healthy Turbo Charger on board

The pics were taken as soon as i purchased the car. Sadly for me, i had to immedietly push off to Delhi on work. I've changed the tires to Yokohama Freelanders. Update as soon as i get back to Bangalore. Soon...

Enjoy your driving everyone, Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-g-01.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-g-02.jpg  

Old 13th March 2010, 15:35   #183
BHPian

Congratulations Advyth (especially for getting a turbo version, which is rare one)
By the pictures vehicle seems stock. How the retrofit rear wipers are doing? Is the lower rear bumper (with lights) is stock or retrofitted? On what price you got the ‘great’? Have you got the original owner’s manual?
Old 14th March 2010, 00:15   #184
BHPian

Hey Alok, No man... i'm myself looking all over for the owners manual. Yeah the vehicle is actually stock. I love that fact about it, means i can mod it my way. Dont know about the rear bumper lights. Will get to properly meet the guy by late March. Will get a complete overview then. I have spent only one day with the car, had to immedietly leave to Delhi. Will give a detailed report asap.

Cheers.
Old 20th March 2010, 13:04   #185
BHPian

The rear bumper lights are stock.the logo isn't stock is it?At the place where you have fixed a HSRP its should have had the tata logo with sierra & Turbo logo there instead of the no plate.Is this an original color i don't think so,maybe i am wrong.well if you haven't got round to driving the car. remember he can give up on you when you least expect it. don't take it to heart,most likely some small niggling issue or the other.since its done 68k. pls make sure you change the Master cylinder and the Slave cylinder for the clutch.if not make note when it was last changed. search for the Tata Safari Service list.i.e its a list for parts to be changed at specified km intervals.should be almost same for your car too as it share's the same engine..i think its on carwale 's site .go thorough it carefully as you don't want to be stuck broken down and having the car towed for 1,000 when the part to be replaced just costed 400 itself. it's happened to me twice. if you are in desperate need of the manual can scan it when I'm free.
Old 21st March 2010, 03:43   #186
BHPian

Hey Abhi,

Thanks for the important info man. Yeah its my first, but its almost like a bullet. Needs attention but performs and thrills you too. I look forward to those breakdowns... lol. Its part of the deal.

Cheers.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:46   #187
BHPian

Nice job.Good mod of sierrs. I think the ownwe rloves to 'ORANGISH'.
Chceck out his pulsar. same colour of the sierra.
Old 22nd March 2010, 01:25   #188
BHPian

Sunil, a fellow member actually knows a guy in Kerala who does this. I'm planning to turn my sierra into a 4 door car. One gull wing door on the left back side should really do good for the beast. Also... has anyone tried a voltage stabilizer on the sierra? its not too much of help to other cars but to this fuse blowing wild gaur, it might just make the difference. Anyone with electrical backgroud, could it help?

Cheers.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:01   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Nice job.Good mod of sierrs. I think the ownwe rloves to 'ORANGISH'.
Chceck out his pulsar. same colour of the sierra.

Eccentric tastes, India is beautiful. innit?
Old 27th March 2010, 14:57   #190

Tata Sierra 1234

I have recently purchased a Tata Sierra 96 (Nov), non-turbo. Driven only around 200 kms. But drives like a dream. AC was a concern but even over long hauls of 150 kms during peak afternoon it cooled enough even for rear seat occupants to be comfortable. Power windows are slightly noisy but they work - and that is sufficient. Seats are leather with white cover. Sony ICE. MAG wheels were an added attraction. Engine is in super condition. The owner kept in real good condition. The nos is also fancy AP37J 1234.

When I drive to office, I had an instance when one bike rider rode close to my Sierra for almost 3 kms and then came next to my window asking me if I wanted to sell it. I laughed saying that I have just bought it. I paid a lakh for it and joked to him that I wanted 2 lakhs if someone wanted to buy it. He just smiled.

So far so good! Will keep you folks posted on my experience which may prove useful to latest Sierra buyers wanting advice
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-tata-sierra-002.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-tata-sierra-012.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts1.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts3.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts4.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts5.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts6.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts8.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts9.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts10.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts11.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-ts12.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 11:14   #191
BHPian

Sierra sure is a beast on the road! My brother and I did a Pune - Agra trip and it just took us 19 hours straight! (By train it is around 24 to 26 hours).

Put the car in OD at 60 and even before you realize, the "Bull" is well past hundred!

Simply in lovely this car and the comfort it provides, minus the rear seat occupancy fuss.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:34   #192
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics Man,

Are you planning on any modifications / paints / stickering

Good Man, 1 lakh for a 96 Sierra is good.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:00   #193
Senior - BHPian

Firstly get the mechanicals attend to then you can think of modifying it. Get the AC fixed and get the power window fixed, There is a guy in guddimalkapur who take car of power windows let me know if you need directions.

Pramod
Old 29th March 2010, 18:12   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedirfan View Post
Driven only around 200 kms.
Really only 200?? or is this a typo?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:25   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Nice Pics Man,

Are you planning on any modifications / paints / stickering

Good Man, 1 lakh for a 96 Sierra is good.
NO sticker jobs please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Really only 200?? or is this a typo?
Guess what he meant as that he drove just 200ksm after he bought it.

The car looks well maintained. Get it checked by a good mechanic for suspension condition too.

Congrats on the buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks