Team-BHP - Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 attached
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Karnataka Road Tax, Crack down announced.EDIT: High Court Judgement on Pg 36 attached (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50465-karnataka-road-tax-crack-down-announced-edit-high-court-judgement-pg-36-attached-24.html)

yeah, i think so. It depends on luck.
I'm driving MH registered Baleno since last 2.5 years. Pulled over for alcohol test, but they did not ask for registration.
Let's c how long i'm getting lucky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1787938)
...The thing is KL,TN,AP reg vehicles are targeted less compared to other places such as DL,HR etc...

:Shockked: You might be right about KL & AP, but definitely wrong about TN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1788251)
:Shockked: You might be right about KL & AP, but definitely wrong about TN!

+1 to this. Special attention is always reserved for TN vehicles during times of trouble - you know what I mean!

Thanks for all your replies.

1. Another good idea is - if you really have a place in chennai (for example) then you can get a phone / electircity bill (should be under your name) everytime you travel to blore

2. Get the toll tax receipts - like every month

3. Fuel bills for bunks outside karnataka

I am using a non-KA registered bike for the past 3 years and have been caught thrice for my own stupid mistakes - red light jump, rode in opposite direction on a 1 way, was too much ahead of the zebra crossing on a red light - tried to back my bike but by then a big moutache cop signalled me to come over for a treat :D

When I shifted from Gurgaon to Bangalore in Sep 09, I bought my Haryana registered WagonR along. I was stopped by Cops on two occasions but on each occasion they only checked all the documents and let me free as everything was in order.

However, at times, I had to look for alternate routes whenver I saw cops around as did not want to waste my time arguing for nothing,

In Feb/Mar 2010, I had to sell my NHC in Gurgaon and then required another car there, Then, decided to send the WagonR back to Gurgaon as I also did not wanted to pay the exceptionally high Road Tax in Bangalore (about 40K for a 3 year old car), Subsequently I bought a used Hyundai Accent in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantanumishra (Post 1790017)
When I shifted from Gurgaon to Bangalore in Sep 09, I bought my Haryana registered WagonR along. I was stopped by Cops on two occasions but on each occasion they only checked all the documents and let me free as everything was in order.

However, at times, I had to look for alternate routes whenver I saw cops around as did not want to waste my time arguing for nothing,

Traffic cops will only check for the basic documents. Its the RTO who are the cheeky ones. Let me guess, do you drive to ITPL/ Electronic City or nearby areas to work? Because the cops have realized that a lot of IT guys drive out of town vehicles in the city. I used to avoid them as well, off Hoodi junction. but then I got used to it and now when the cop tries to pull me over, I bring my car to a stand still in the middle of the road and gesture to them like 'whats wrong'. the sheer honking behind me get the cops worked up and they eventually let me off. There was a write up in the paper a few months ago in which it clearly stated that the cops will pull over vehicles only if they are found guilty of violating traffic rules. I keep that clipping with me, but thankfully have never used it!

An observation based on reading the posts here, everyone seem to be interested in discussing how to or how each one of the individual subverts a process and avoid what you are supposed to do legally. High tax or not, if one is supposed to use the roads in the state you are supposed to pay the tax.

Now dont we all crib when we dont get an hike in salary; money per us that duly belongs to us - so why crib when the RTO guys crack down if we dont pay the money that duly belongs to the state. I here cribs all the time that the cops are a cheating lot; by not paying what is due to the state, are we any better ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjalihal (Post 1790495)
Let me guess, do you drive to ITPL/ Electronic City or nearby areas to work?

I live in Banaswadi and drive to Mahadevapura

Quote:

Originally Posted by srikanths1 (Post 1790529)
An observation based on reading the posts here, everyone seem to be interested in discussing how to or how each one of the individual subverts a process and avoid what you are supposed to do legally. High tax or not, if one is supposed to use the roads in the state you are supposed to pay the tax.

Now dont we all crib when we dont get an hike in salary; money per us that duly belongs to us - so why crib when the RTO guys crack down if we dont pay the money that duly belongs to the state. I here cribs all the time that the cops are a cheating lot; by not paying what is due to the state, are we any better ?

First and foremost, I think you need to give it quite a though when it comes to airing your views.

The state which takes the highest road tax, but has such wonderful roads. Do you think people are stupid to pay such high road tax if I am getting transferred to this state for a few months. It is guys like you, who end up framing rules like what is prevailing in Bangalore:Frustrati

Sorry for being so open, but these high rates are just atrocious. And your comparison to demanding more wages and giving what is deserved to the state, is completely out of context buddy.

I have no issues in paying what is due to the state, provided they do not fleece us.

Tell me where then does all the money go, once they collect such hig taxes. In building better roads. Yeah right.

As I said earlier, I am sorry for being so verbal, but people who bear the brunt of this know more, not you who reside in this city

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantanumishra (Post 1790017)

In Feb/Mar 2010, I had to sell my NHC in Gurgaon and then required another car there, Then, decided to send the WagonR back to Gurgaon as I also did not wanted to pay the exceptionally high Road Tax in Bangalore (about 40K for a 3 year old car), Subsequently I bought a used Hyundai Accent in Bangalore.

Can you tell me the mode of transporting your car from gurgaon to blroe and vice-versa ?

Which logistics company did you use ??

Cost ??

Did everything went well ??

Anything you need to be aware about before transporting your car ??
(like remove music system etc etc)

Can you tell me the mode of transporting your car from gurgaon to blroe and vice-versa ?

Contact any Packers and Movers, They will be more than happy to help you out. Sulekha.com is a good place to find out.

Which logistics company did you use ??

Aman Packers and Movers

Cost ??

6000 All Inclusive, 2 things to note here, Firstly, It is cheaper to send a car from Bangalore to Delhi/Gurgaon than vice versa, I paid 9000 from Gurgaon to Bangalore for my WagonR
Secondly, Do not pay 100% advance to the Transporter, Keep atleast 50% for Payment at the time of delivery,

Follow the second rule no matter how persistance the salesman is for 100% advance, There are a lot of guys around and you are sure to find someone who fits your bill, Also Negotiate hard.

Did everything went well ??

Well, He took my car in Bangalore on 5th Mar and promised 7-8 Days. However, the transportation itself started from Bangalore on 9th Mar thereby wasting 2 days, Then the axle of the Wheeler broke down somewhere in MP (as told to me by the Transporter), thereby further delaying it. The car is now supposed to reach tomorrow 19 Mar. Lets hope for the best.

BTW, I can assure you that all Transporters are the same. When I got my stuff from Gurgaon to Bangalore, car arrived in 5 Days flat but all my other Household stuff took almost 15 days.:Shockked:

Anything you need to be aware about before transporting your car ??
(like remove music system etc etc)

When the salesperson comes to inspect the car, ask him to mark each and every item that your car has, even if it means marking of 5 Wheels(not 4). If you feel like a silly face to him, pls ask him to bear with you and persist him to mark everything including all scratches and dents on the vehicle.

I got him to mark every minute detail including spare headlamps, Medical Kit, Indian Flag, no. of Foot Mats, Cigarette Lighter, etc. He will hand over a document containing all these markings which you need to produce at the time of taking delivery.

If you yourself are going to take the delivery, then you may remove important stuff and carry it along, else leave it there and get it marked.

Note, In no circumstance hand over the original documents of your vehicle to the transporter, they only require photocopy of the same for the transit.

Original Documents are required only in case of Transit to East India (owing to Bangladesh Border) in between.

Thanks Shatanu, that really helps a lot

No one told anywhere in this forum that the sales guy will mark each and every item - even the tiniest of things, its good coz you can match the marking copy at the time of delivery.

If something is missing - then what ?? Usually Delhi agent will not have any influence over blore agents who are delivering the goods

My story:
I shipped my bike from Chandigarh to blore in 2008 by some local transportation company (forgot the name)
We paid like 2500 for CBZ and we paid 2000 as advance in chandigarh.

The bike took its own sweet time to come over to blore. I got a call that the bike is somwhere in neelmangla & i had no clue where this place was & how to get there.

Took an auto from BTM till peenya (so stupid of me) - took some 200 bucks (dont remember exactly)

Found the godown, some 200m inside of the main road..this was around evening.

I checked up with the godown manager - he told my bike came along with a truck full of household stuff for some other customer. That moron driver / helper / agent / whoever was in charge... unloaded the entire stuff + my bike at that customer place.

and the truck left after unloading the stuff.

Now comes the twist - The customer starting putting stuff inside his house and notices the bike isnt his :D and told the same to the person in charge there - whoever he was.

So that chap hired a tempo and put my bike in it and brought it to the godown & paid the tempo owner.

Meanwhile, i was surrounded by truck drivers, one godown incharge who seemed did not have any authority whatsoever....did i mention it was getting dark and i was alone :D

Finally my bike came and that chap demanded 1000 bucks from me against the tempo payment - i was in no mood to give him that money.

Called up chandigarh agent - i could sense he had a "i-really-dont-know-whats-going-on-please-sort-it-out-yourself" type of voice.

I argued with that chap for sometime - all the drama was being witnessed by other drivers who as per human tendency gathered around..luckily they were not against / with anyone - simple, plain, unadulterated watchers.

It was getting pretty late now so i had to cough up the money - no choice.

From peenya to BTM was another scary ride without helmet - lolz

It is alwasy better to select a Transport company that has an office both at the origin and destination, In my case, the car and household goods were shipped seperatly from Gurgaon to Bangalore, car in a Car Container and Goods in a normal Truck with a gap of 7 days in between.

Normally, any car/bike transportation from Gurgaon to Bangalore would be much faster than vice-versa. Same rule applies whenever your origin city has an Automobile manufacturer, hence, the high cost,

The reverse would always take more time, but then would be almost 50% cheaper.

In my case also, my household goods got damaged, and even after repeated attempts and promises nobody from the Packers and Movers turned up to review the same, even when I had the Insurance of goods done, Then I realised my foly as that company did not had any office in Bangalore and I repented,

So, while sending my car back, I selected the agency which had office both in Bangalore and Gurgaon, but even now i faced this delay, hence, found out that while returning from Bangalore to Gurgaon, as these transporters have no time frame, they take their own sweet time, whereas while delivering cars from Gurgaon to Bangalore (Read Maruti Udyog Trailors), they are bounded by contract and hence have to deliver within 5-6 working days, hence faster,

So, at all times you are the mercy of these transporters no matter if they are big players or smaller ones, they have 100s of options to take you for a ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher (Post 1790579)

I have no issues in paying what is due to the state, provided they do not fleece us.

Tell me where then does all the money go, once they collect such hig taxes. In building better roads. Yeah right.

Another point, why cannot the government modify the Road Tax rules for other state vehicles to pay on yearly basis instead of Lifetime Tax?

This way I think more people would be paying the taxes, as only very less people are using the same vehicle for its life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher (Post 1790579)
Do you think people are stupid to pay such high road tax if I am getting transferred to this state for a few months. It is guys like you, who end up framing rules like what is prevailing in Bangalore:Frustrati

As I said earlier, I am sorry for being so verbal, but people who bear the brunt of this know more, not you who reside in this city

Being open is good -but you need to get your facts right. I transferred my 3 year old car from Pune (where the tax is just at 7%) and ended up paying over a lakh for the tax, so please, some respect. If you are coming into the state for a few months then pay the yearly tax. The RTO allows it for upto an year. If you are staying more than that, pay the LTT and get a refund when you go back. And i dont frame these rules, I dont have any part to play with the government. I am a mere honest citizen who likes to play by rules. So do run a check on yourself before flaring up against other unwarrantably. And last it was my observation, i don't care if you subvert the process or abide by it.