Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 17:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: If you could go back in time, will you buy the same car ?

M800: No would not buy it again though it is a great little car and all that. There are better ones at the same price and functionality now.

Zen: The original. YES YES and YES. My uncle had one and boy would love to acquire a new one again. What a gem of an engine, free revving, jelly bean. Loved it to the core!
Old 11th July 2012, 18:23   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The trick here is that if I do go back in time will I have the same money I had then or more.
Because if I had more money and yet could go back in time I would certainly NOT buy the same car I had back then.
If however, I have to manage with the same money, then yes I would buy the same car because every time I ve bought a car until now I have made sure to get all I wanted in terms of the best possible utility value and comfort within the budget I could manage at the time.
Old 11th July 2012, 18:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Well, a NO.
I bought a Polo TDi in place of a Swift Zdi as i got tired waiting for the swift. The Polo has kept me happy till date, but i fell the Swift would've been far better for my style of driving.
So if i had a chance to go back and change my decision i would've bought the Swift only if it was available off the shelf
Old 11th July 2012, 18:41   #109
BHPian

Hell Yes !! OHC Vtec it is ..
Old 12th July 2012, 16:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

Yes!

A Ford Ikon 1.6 Nxt, the original josh machine, if I go back in time to Sep 2004, dont see much alternatives in the enthusiast space, and the Ikon continues to serve me well till date, without much hassles and very good spares supply.

Another 4WD Scorpio mHawk, nothing else in the priceband would have done it the way it has.

So have been happy with my car decisions so far.
Old 12th July 2012, 16:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes! I would buy the swift again.

I suppose going back in time means the situations, conditions and options would remain the same and it is only a chance to re-think my decision. I do not have any repentance on buying Swift back in 2008.
Old 5th February 2015, 15:25   #112
Team-BHP Support

Thinking of replacing my swift, I remembered this thread.

Let alone going back and choosing a Swift again, I am seriously considering buying a new one again. But I've got a feeling that Mrs would overrule the decision.

A Honda Brio had joined the family in 2011, and yes we would buy it again given a choice.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 15:30   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

The Jelly bean? Kidding? Of course YES!

In fact, if it were on the offer now in the same B segment bracket, I would have chosen it over all current offerings in the same avatar. The free revs of the engine, the surreal handling and the cute looks. I would go on to call it the first hot hatch of India for regulars.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 23:44   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

2005 : Hyundai Santro Xing - YES. What a lovely city car. Nearly 10 years old and I still enjoy driving this peppy little city car everytime I get a chance.The engine is a gem when it comes to city driving. Its in city driveability is just superb, though it runs out of breath on the highway. Refined and peppy and in combination with that sweet gearshift, its a joy to punter around town. Lack of legroom in the front is a sore point though. But a sweet car overall. Love the feel of the hydraulic steering unit and overall dynamics are pretty good for a tall boy design.

2007 : Fiat Palio Stile Sport 1.6 - NO. BOught the car only because I was a fan of the 100 bhp 1.6 engine. But the car did not live up to my expectations.
  • The quality levels were generally poor. Poor QC was very evident.
  • The handling was all over the place. Fiat had jacked up the car to give it better ground clearance, which messed up the dynamics.
  • Horrible brakes. Sold the car after the car after two shunts that were caused solely becasue of poor brakes and lack of ABS.

2011 : Skoda Laura TSI - YES. Brilliant car which got even more brilliant after a small remap and upgrade of dampers and sporty alloys and tyres. I don't think I am ever going to sell this one.

2012 : i10 1.2 AT - NO. Nice car overall, but if you even remotely enjoy driving, don't even think of buying this car. Awful steering feel, extremely poor dynamics and a lethargic 4 spd AT box. Refinement levels are good. My Dad and wife love the car. I got so fed up of driving this car, I went and bought a Polo GT TSI for myself
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 00:24   #115
BHPian

2004: Zen VXi- Definitely yes. I just loved driving this car though I bought a Pre-worshipped one. Used it for 4 yrs with no issue at all.

2008: Swift VDi : what an upgrade it was from Zen! Until recently, I have enjoyed every km of my Swift VDi. Turbo kick is priceless!

2015: Zest Revotron : Yes and a No! Moving from a torquey diesel, petrol fun is not matching up! Apart from that, Zest rocks!
Old 6th February 2015, 15:06   #116
BHPian

Got a new city VMT at the end of 2010. No problems with the car as such, but given a chance wouldn't buy it.

The simple reason is I would go for a pre owned one instead. Either a sparingly used city, or possibly a civic. Plonking all that money and looking at the second hand car market now is making it very tough to replace the car. I probably would have changed the car by now had it been bought second hand.

At the end of the day, one does get bored or want to try other options after some time.
Old 6th February 2015, 15:09   #117
BHPian

Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium - My first car in Bangalore. If I could, I still would buy the same. Has been a fun couple of years with it.

However, I if I was more confident with my driving skills perhaps 2 years ago, I would have bought the Fiesta.
Old 6th February 2015, 15:14   #118
BHPian

M800 No . Did not like the spartain interiors and lack of power steering .

Alto lxi YES , YES , YES . My 2004 Alto had great build quality and was a peppy car , would buy the vxi 1.1 if available in an instant .

Indigo Dicor Lx 2007 YES , YES , YES , Awesome car , awesome dicor engine , spacious cabin and boot , independent rear suspension ... I can go on .
Old 6th February 2015, 15:27   #119
BHPian

My first car was a 2004 Ikon 1.6 nxt. Had it from 2012 to 2014, bought on the cheap, sold cheap, but maintained expensively. I would buy the same car again if I went back in time, but definitely a much better example of it. I have driven many cars, but that low end torque in the ikon is just awesome. Once after driving an Amaze for some days, I fired up the Ikon, and almost hit the gate at my flat as I was not prepared for all the torque!
Old 6th February 2015, 15:40   #120
BHPian

2001 - Toyota Corolla Sport Edition - Yes. Would buy it again. Loved that car.

2002 - Pulsar 150 (Non DTSi) - YES. Would surely buy it again.

2003 - Santro GS (Second hand 2000 model) - YES. It is still serving me faithfully with absolutely no problems.

2010 - Swift VDi (Second hand 2008 model) - YES. Lovely car with a great mileage.

2013 - XUV500 W8 FWD - YES. Of course. YES.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks