Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2009, 09:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

I think there's a better chance of spotting the real Yeti than one of these on Indian roads.
Old 21st February 2009, 11:09   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's a nice looking car, but surely not an SUV? More like a pumped up hatch (a la Fusion).

That aside, zigwheels ought to relax. Let Skoda launch the Yeti in markets like the UK etc. Still a long way from coming to India.
Old 21st February 2009, 11:18   #33
Team-BHP Support

10-11 Lacs for this? Sorry, not going to work.
Remember the Chevy Forester? It was a brilliant car and as reliable as the sun. Priced at 12.5 Lacs, it was bigger than the Yeti and launched during the market boom. It still bombed.
The Yeti looks nice, but, during these times of recession, with that price, it's going nowhere.
Old 21st February 2009, 16:24   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Are you kidding me? This is SKODA. Considering that some variants of the Fabia sell for 9 lakhs, I'd say the Yeti is going to launch at 14 lakhs. Minimum!
Old 21st February 2009, 17:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Who in his right mind would buy a Yeti?! I would really like to know the customer research Skoda has done for this car. What kind of customers do they think will buy the Yeti?

For 10 lakhs I'd rather buy a City. If I want a diesel, I'd buy the Linea or Verna. For 14 Lakhs I'll buy a Civic. If I want diesel I'll buy a Chevrolet Cruze. And if I am hopelessly in love with Skoda then I'll buy the Laura!
Old 24th February 2009, 19:23   #36
BHPian

If it is really 10L on-road, then I would definitely buy one. Only thing holding me back would be the Skoda service.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
If it is really 10L on-road, then I would definitely buy one. Only thing holding me back would be the Skoda service.
i'm in the same boat.

toobad there aren't really good small SUV's in India under 10L
Old 26th February 2009, 21:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Who in his right mind would buy a Yeti?! I would really like to know the customer research Skoda has done for this car. What kind of customers do they think will buy the Yeti?

For 10 lakhs I'd rather buy a City. If I want a diesel, I'd buy the Linea or Verna. For 14 Lakhs I'll buy a Civic. If I want diesel I'll buy a Chevrolet Cruze. And if I am hopelessly in love with Skoda then I'll buy the Laura!
Agreed 75% with Tata Launching the XENON for less price than the Yeti, nobody in their right mind should go for yeti.

But on the other hand (25%) if Skoda brings in this Skoda Yeti 2 Concept (2005) with pictures and wallpapers beauty, then i will be the first one in the queue to buy one, provided the pricing is competitive and one gets a decent FE.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Why wouldn't anyone buy a Skoda Yeti for Ten Lakh ? and why would they ever choose any of those cars over the Yeti ?

Would you buy a cordless phone for Rs. 5000/- instead of a cellphone for Rs. 5000/- if you needed to call from outside home ? I believe in buying things that you need, and if I need an SUV in the next 3 yrs but I can't afford anything decent, with the yeti at (say 10 lakh, don't really beleive it) why would I buy a city, laura, octavia, civic, do I really love scraping the underbelly of my car so much ?

I don't know what kind of research has been done to sell this here, but at 10-15 lakh, there is a dearth of good quality SUV's in the market, I am sure there are many people looking out for something like that, albeit the alleged spares and *** Issues.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:28   #40
BHPian

this looks a muscular offroader type vehicle. at 10 lacs it will be a real steal. i think skoda should really launch is as soon as possible.
Old 27th February 2009, 00:28   #41
BHPian

Exclusieve: Skoda Yeti Spied

Here are the exclusive spy pics cold weather testing.

The production version will debut at the Geneva Motor Show.

http://www.autowereld.com/spyshots/d...p?artikel=7616
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!-922421205735_yeti.jpg  

Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!-922421205941_yeti.jpg  

Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!-922421210131_yeti.jpg  

Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!-922421212126_yeti.jpg  

Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!-92242121311_yeti.jpg  

Skoda plans to bring Yeti to life in India!-922421214143_yeti.jpg  

Old 27th February 2009, 01:17   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hehehe, let the Sam jokes begin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Plus, we are very happy with our Yeti

PS: I always wanted to buy the Yeti, the Skoda Yeti!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
isnt the yeti already alive?
I think I'm going to sue Skoda....
Old 28th February 2009, 18:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGON_R View Post
this looks a muscular offroader type vehicle. at 10 lacs it will be a real steal. i think skoda should really launch is as soon as possible.
From the following pics, this doesn't look any muscular off-roader type vehicle to me. The ground clearance is probably the same as any Sedan and To think of it even the vehicle doesn't look much different than the opel corsa swing except for cosmetic changes like head-lights and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Here are the exclusive spy pics cold weather testing.
The production version will debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
Skoda Yeti - Exclusieve wereldprimeur: de Skoda Yeti - Autowereld.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGON_R View Post
The concept pictures looked so cool.. http://www.netcarshow.com/skoda/2005...and wallpapers
Old 28th February 2009, 19:30   #44
BHPian

If this car really debuts at 10L then I 'm definitely going to delay my SUV purchase to next year. Could give really serious beating to Safari/Scorpio.
Old 1st March 2009, 09:54   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Remember the Chevy Forester? It was a brilliant car and as reliable as the sun.
would HM's service have something to do with that? Or is it that Indians generally dont like to go off road. For many life in the city is rough enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Considering that some variants of the Fabia sell for 9 lakhs, I'd say the Yeti is going to launch at 14 lakhs. Minimum!
9L for a Fabia? that too with a 1.3/1.4L power plant? no wonder it is such a 'hot seller'. :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed