Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 21:13   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster View Post
Well, I think I know why Honda have priced the car way out of their league.

As it so happens, the yen has been getting stronger for a while. The same also holds true for the dollar. Whichever way the car enters India (whether parts or engine), Honda are having to pay a heavier amount due to exchange fluctuation.

I had a talk with a senior Honda official a while back and he was categorical when he said that the CR-V looks a prime contender for a price revision. So I asked, by how much - another 50-75 k? He turned around and stunned me by saying THIRTY PER CENT.
A quick back of the book calculation told me the 2.4 CR-V would go as high as Rs 30 lakh. I then looked back at him and asked, "Are you serious?" He said yes.

Well there's a manufacturer perspective for you. But I think, if Honda knew that they can't resolve the currency fluctuation issue, they should have waited a little longer before they launched the 3.5 V6. Just my two cents.
OK, then ask them why a fully imported CRV should cost only around 23.4 lacs with all the penal duties, etc, (Honda's revised prices applicable from 1st April) where in Japan, it costs around 15 lacs. Then ask them about the Japan price of a Honda Inspire which is locally assembled here. In Japan, it goes for around 20-22 lacs for the 3.5V6. So there seems to be no logic. 23 lacs for a CBU costing 15 lacs back home, 25 lacs for a locally assembled one costing 20 lacs back home! I fail to see the rationale, the logic. The real reason might be this: Skoda priced it 4 cylinder Superb at 19L, so they might price their rumored V6 in the vicinity of 25L. The 4 cylinder Accord AT is around 18L with the impending revision.

And with the CRV, the Outlander and the Captiva AT now go at around 20L ex- showroom, so Honda can make itself entitled to a premium, eh?

And to compare prices, an Accord 3.5V6 sells in tax- free Labuan at 19L, and a 2.0L4WDAT CRV at 15L.

Last edited by Yeldo : 12th March 2009 at 21:23.
Old 12th March 2009, 21:22   #137
Team-BHP Support

Have skoda and honda swapped their marketing positioning executives ?
Old 12th March 2009, 22:02   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like it

Although it's a great car and all, honda are falling back to its premium brand image with these insane prices.
There is no way one can justify the 7L price increase, just look at the interiors and wonder where the money is going..
Old 12th March 2009, 22:09   #139
BHPian

There are a very Few Car makers which really come out with sensible pricing , i can only think of may be 3-4 . Ie Maruti , Fiat Hyundai Tata also , Rest all are tying to squeeze even the last penny out of Indian car buyer ( like just in case of people being to happy with a scoda superb dont worry you will see them paying though there nose once It come to spares and services , and finally will be a last standing truth buy superb at 20 lacks sell it for 6 lacks after 3 years ) [ if in doubt kindly refer to old superb owners ] Now take for instance Toyota Camry which Might Be a CBU but still sells some numbers , Now why on earth If Toyota sells it for 23 24 25 depending upon the state you re in That Honda will not sell Accord V6 for 25 lacks and for the less privileged you have a 2.4 V Tech accord , Chor Chor mosere Bhai .

I am a firm believer Just like Corruption begins at the Top in our country And follows Down the ladder same is the case with Car prices For instance Look at Mercedes Benz Even when the rupee was rising against the dollar They we jacking the prices up with smaller Engines (Day light Robbery cost of Spares and service ) and the Price of c class one day went above 30 lacks from may be 20 21 lacks where it started , then came BMW with little more Features Than C Class in 3 series But same Price but With small engines in 3 series and lacking equipments ( It was regrettable not to have I drive and sunroof on car like 320 i and 320 D at the first place , Then add High line Man When some one is Paying 30 lacks the line cannot go any higher ) But its only because of AUDI BMW AND MERC that we in india are fortunate to get ACCORD SUPERB PASSAT and CAMRY in Range OF 20 lacks Other wise instead of 3 series or a C class We would be getting ACCORD FOR 30 lacks and civic for 18 lacks may be like SRI lanka or any South American Communist Country
SO in conclusion Honda is justified TO take us for A ride with a 7-8 lacks price Hike as every one else is doing imagine if they sell one V6 in 10 -15 cars what profits will they make and the samurais are sure that others will buy 2.4 , I never Liked Fiat and dont have the Courage to Buy there car but After Lineas Pricing I can say that is a example of a fair priced Car
Old 12th March 2009, 23:07   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
7.7 lakhs more! What the hell for? Terrible pricing and woefully disappointed.
Quote:
What the hell were they thinking.
Quote:
What a disappointment!
Quote:
Sad to see another good car going to the dogs because of stupid pricing.
Quote:
Whoever is pricing Honda's uniquely positioned models is doing a terribly job.
Quote:
oh boy. now i dont think this will be our next car. 7 lacs for what?
Quote:
Quote:
honda are falling back to its premium brand image with these insane prices.
GTO, sideways, quicksilver, ajmat, iraghava, akshay1234 and others, please read the quote below

Quote:
If a car costs 6L and if you are willing pay only 5L, then you are not the customer for that car. But you can always say that 6L car is overpriced
Quote:
If you don't want to pay, just move on - buy what you want to buy. No need to say that grapes are sour.
The above posts are from a Honda owner so they make perfect sense and are right. After all, only enlightened people and persons having a certain level of IQ (which is fixed by Honda) are allowed to buy Honda products.

I feel it's a fantastic car for a great price. Total VFM and paisa vasool. How can Honda be wrong?

Last edited by amit : 12th March 2009 at 23:09.
Old 12th March 2009, 23:23   #141
Senior - BHPian

Big big disappointment. I was expecting the V6 to be a couple of lakhs above the 2.4 but this is ouright ridiculous. 25+ big ones for an Accord. No sunroof no xenons etc. Honda completely lost it a few days back when they raised their prices. The most shocking was the CRV. No one will buy that for 30 lakhs . The Captiva guys at GM must be laughing all the way. The Captiva has been a good car all along and its diesel plus uit offers you AWD and AT now. I see Captiva sales rising now. If you dont want the Captiva get the Outlander, a brilliant car. The CRV is doomed and how. I dont want to even get to the V6.

Honda better change what they are smoking and soon. I see the V6 bombing even before it sells. They will for killer prices in the used market but that is if they sell as new in the first place. If this way Honda pricing is now, I dont have any hope for the Jazz either.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th March 2009 at 23:25.
Old 12th March 2009, 23:27   #142
Senior - BHPian

Exactly right amit. The best option is of course, Skoda, with its exemplary service backup, friendly and honest dealers, cheap as chips spares and ultimate Euro reliability which will serve you for eons to come.
Old 12th March 2009, 23:37   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
GTO, sideways, quicksilver, ajmat, iraghava, akshay1234 and others, please read the quote below

The above posts are from a Honda owner so they make perfect sense and are right. After all, only enlightened people and persons having a certain level of IQ (which is fixed by Honda) are allowed to buy Honda products.

I feel it's a fantastic car for a great price. Total VFM and paisa vasool. How can Honda be wrong?
They have priced it expensive. Stick to the point. You don't have to bring someone else's name into this thread when the person has not said anything of that sort (enlightened people? IQ?).
Old 12th March 2009, 23:43   #144
BHPian

The new Accord and the CRV are extremely overpriced, They are good cars, but defenitely not for that price range!
Old 12th March 2009, 23:52   #145
Senior - BHPian

Guys who bought the old Honda City VTEC, the old CRV, the old Accord 3.0 are lucky in many ways. I bet these guys would be beaming now.

Interesting part is that they didnt detune it.

Edit: cant they have a decent website atleast!

Last edited by jkdas : 12th March 2009 at 23:54.
Old 13th March 2009, 00:01   #146
Senior - BHPian

I guess the honda is smoking on big time.
That's the most ridiculous pricing or rather worst pricing on any car for year 2009.
The only car that makes sense to me now is Skoda Surperb. With that brillant 1.8TSI engine and that additional 6Lakhs or so saved over Accord V6 i could beef up the Superb to get 250bhp and remaining money used for fuelling and maintenance.
What do I get well a solid build car, great safety gizmos, EDL (electronic differential lock) system, big legroom comfort, loaded with features, brillant AFS lightening (bi-xenon) system, superb performance and much more.

Last edited by Invinsible : 13th March 2009 at 00:10.
Old 13th March 2009, 00:11   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Amit, I know a few fan boys are pissing you off but please don't generalise this for all Honda owners. If one owner is a dimwit, doesn't mean the rest of us have to be too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Guys who bought the old Honda City VTEC, the old CRV, the old Accord 3.0 are lucky in many ways. I bet these guys would be beaming now.
Looking at the pricing I am both smiling & frowning. Smiling because compared to this I paid acceptable money for Dhanno & frowning to see Honda going to the dogs as far as pricing is concerned.
Old 13th March 2009, 00:15   #148
BHPian

Stick to 4cyl

6cyl for a Front Wheel Drive for this price is not cool
Old 13th March 2009, 00:32   #149

Can anyone put up a picture of the car please. The V6 has always had amazing wheels. I wanna see what they hae given this time.
Old 13th March 2009, 01:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Can anyone put up a picture of the car please. The V6 has always had amazing wheels. I wanna see what they hae given this time.
Cyrus check the review and pics here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...v6-driven.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks