Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 10:15   #316
BHPian

Well, if this is the way the mahindra suv is gonna look like (SRK's pic), then I dont mind waiting till mid 10 to upgrade.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:01   #317
BHPian

I too spotted the vehicle on the Chennai Tindivanam highway. But dint have any camera on me at the time.

Just wondering, why is mahindra testing its new SUV in and around Chennai?
Old 4th November 2009, 14:06   #318
Senior - BHPian

It doesnt really seem like an SUV from the pics on page7. Looks like they are using the Xylo platform to churn out a longer variant or something. Kinda looks funny & longish for an SUV. Or maybe i'm just too used to seeing compact SUVs like Scorpio all over.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:38   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Well, if this is the way the mahindra suv is gonna look like (SRK's pic), then I dont mind waiting till mid 10 to upgrade.

This is just a rendering done by SRK, knowing Mahindra they might not like this design they dont like beautifull and good looking designs, for them the design should be more ugly something like the Xylo.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:08   #320
BHPian

Guys any update on this, it seems everyone is chasing the Tata & Maruti vehicles scoops, nobody is concentrating on the most worthy SUV maker in India and the best part is that if Mahindra can incorporate the SRK designs in their product they will have a very goodlooking and capable SUV on hand, a real challenger to the fortuners and the Endevours of the world. So bring it on Mahindra and display the vehicle in the Auto expo.
Old 9th December 2009, 08:54   #321
Senior - BHPian

after looking at the indicruz in the other thread, i think that mahindra has really got a tough competition to deal with. their new SUV better look as good or better than the indicruz or else this time they will see tata leading the sales race!
Old 9th December 2009, 13:55   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
after looking at the indicruz in the other thread, i think that mahindra has really got a tough competition to deal with. their new SUV better look as good or better than the indicruz or else this time they will see tata leading the sales race!
Depends on how friendly the first batch of Indicruz owners have to get to the their service adviser. Tata needs pick up a baseball bat and visit their vendors.
Old 9th December 2009, 17:32   #323
BHPian

i saw this vehicle too!! but strangely a bunch of people were following it in a Captiva, then got down and got into this 'concept'!!
Old 9th December 2009, 17:33   #324
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Guys any update on this, it seems everyone is chasing the Tata & Maruti vehicles scoops, nobody is concentrating on the most worthy SUV maker in India and the best part is that if Mahindra can incorporate the SRK designs in their product they will have a very goodlooking and capable SUV on hand, a real challenger to the fortuners and the Endevours of the world. So bring it on Mahindra and display the vehicle in the Auto expo.
Hey! Thanks ranc, Atleast somebody likes my designs .

By the way I hope Mahindra doesn't create something like a Xylo with this SUV.
Xylo has a good design in terms of practicality and engineering point of view but when asthetics are concerned I feel this car could have been better.

I just hope they use their Corporate grill design to turn heads the right way.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:09   #325
Senior - BHPian

the profile look very much like Dasia/Renault SUV

Dacia Duster SUV Revealed
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-9650737.jpg  

Old 9th December 2009, 20:55   #326
Senior - BHPian

Interesting observation Tushky, It'll be much easier for M&M to adopt the Dacia design and will have better chances of selling branded Mahindra rather than Renault/Dacia.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:59   #327
SRK
Senior - BHPian

That Duster seems smaller as compared to the Mahindra SUV.
May be they can use the styling of this car. Looks great!
Old 12th December 2009, 13:07   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
That Duster seems smaller as compared to the Mahindra SUV.
May be they can use the styling of this car. Looks great!
SRK, Your design looks far better, I have been so inspired by it that even if Mahindra doesnt come up with something like what you have in mind, I dont mind buying a old scorpio and modifying it (or try to) to your design.

Keep up the good work, do let us know if we can see your designs online.
Old 12th December 2009, 13:39   #329
BHPian

@Tushky, i think you are right there. I don't know why, but i think it is the Duster with heavily/completely redesign or,or,or is it Duster itself.

@shortbread, very rightly said, i too think it could be Renault/Dacia product to be badged Mahindra. some time back Mahindra's even approached Ssangyong for a proper SUV.
Old 12th December 2009, 13:54   #330
BHPian

Design looks good but a steeply raked windscreen and sloping bonnet would mean lack of a feature I personally like, 'See exactly where your car ends' Guess Scorpio was the only new generation vehicle that had it. It really helps in bumper to bumper traffic and parking. Used to park my premier padmini (with the same feature) just maintaining 5 inches of space ahead and behind the car and no external help,stretching or judgement as one may say.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks