Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 15:14   #2986
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Wow what was Mahindra thinking. They didn't do any sort of analysis to see what the demand will be like.

Or its just another greedy car maker, stopping bookings and will re start after a few days with increased prices.

Well all in all, this all leaves a pretty bad taste..

I hope the competitors understand that they have finally got an opening and get their releases going soon.

Cheers
@sahakar - Yes, you are right, it does seems surprising M&M didn't anticipate this. I've not heard what happened to my booking; sales said I should hear in two days tops - that was yesterday.

Don't know about increasing prices; can't be sure but doesn't seem likely just yet. The vehicle is not yet proven on the roads, plus a lot of the current enthusiasm was driven by the awesome pricing (or so I think).

As for the competition - it'll be difficult to match in the short term. Not withstanding how reliable the car is ultimately, the XUV is the result of 4 years, 280 protoypes, 2.5L Kms of on road testing and many hundreds of crores of rupees of development. Don't know how anyone can match that quickly. Biggies like Toyota have the ability to bring in an existing product to market, but even that will take time to customize for India. And the CKD route just cannot give *anyone* the ability to price it like M&M has. So, for now, M&M is the only one in sight in this space. Just for the sake of the market and the Indian consumer overall, I hope the XUV succeeds. This is what is called a 'disruptive product'.
timetraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 15:14   #2987
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Thanks Behemoth.I know the wait till february is too long.

One quick question guys,since I am the lucky few who is getting a quick delivery,I have to get the insurance done from the dealer.

He has tata AIG,Icici lombard and chola mandalam.

Which one is the best,I also heard about the 0% dep plan which Sam kapasi had got for his superb?
Waiting eagerly for your XUV ownership review soon!
Recent news for all XUV aspirants is that bookings are closed completely now as the waiting period has exceeded 8 months!

Regarding the insurance, I have used ICICI Lombard and they have a smooth claim settlement process and can recommend them. Others I have not yet experienced and would request other members to suggest.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 11th October 2011, 15:19   #2988
BHPian

@kedarwalke, congrats. Perhaps we'll see your ownership review before the official team-bhp review? (Hint hint... )
Old 11th October 2011, 15:21   #2989
BHPian

Hi Nitin,

Strangely though, we haven't received any call from M&M till date. Even the date given by the dealer is not true. I called up the XUV helpline number today and the Customer care executive told me that no delivery date is showing in the system. I wonder how come the dealer gave me the date as 12th March.

Also could you please share with me the contact number of M&M Relationship manager. Since we also booked through Sterling Motor, I guess the RM would be the same.

Its been 10 days now and the wait is getting unbearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sorry to hear that bro. Well i got the delivery date for 17th dec 2011 according to link and the call that i got from mahindra. I too booked it on 1st oct. I guess (correct me if i am wrong), in gurgaon there is only 1 dealer? If so, then it could be possible that the dealer is not able to provide car early. However the lady who called me from mahindra told me that even though the delivery is for 17 dec, please be ready to receive it early as that it just the max time they will take and not more than that. So in that case, you could get your car early too (hope so).
Old 11th October 2011, 15:25   #2990
BHPian

i took a test drive of the car. wow, what a car for the price. The clutch is springy needs time to get used to, the brakes are odd first few cm's have no feel or effect. I am planing to sell my linea and book XUV W8 instead.
Old 11th October 2011, 15:43   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Thanks Behemoth.I know the wait till february is too long.

One quick question guys,since I am the lucky few who is getting a quick delivery,I have to get the insurance done from the dealer.

He has tata AIG,Icici lombard and chola mandalam.

Which one is the best,I also heard about the 0% dep plan which Sam kapasi had got for his superb?
Try to avoid the dealer for insurance if possible. Their quote is way too high from the actual price.

Check with TATA AIG: I got one for my scorpio from them and they have bumper-bumper to cover in which in case of any repairs, you dont have to pay for anything (including glass and fiber parts.)
Old 11th October 2011, 16:36   #2992

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Just confirmed from SE at bangalore. Mahindra has stopped booking of all versions of XUV500
Confirmed with Sirish Auto. Bookings for all variants of XUV 500 were closed last night. Thank god I put mine in ready put 1k cancellation charge at risk.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:40   #2993
BHPian

Dear all ,

The bookings is closed as written in the thread . With more then 10K Bookings done on hand , M & M do not want to take any more orders . Next lots only available in Jan or Feb 2011 .

For those who booked , congrats . For those who were waiting , waiting and waiting for reviews to take decisions , booking is closed .

I hope our team bhp review will be now out ????

Last edited by Ranga : 11th October 2011 at 16:42.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:46   #2994
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering that the XUV extensive drive report was not available with anybody till the 1st week of the launch. I remember we had all small/first reviews from every channel on the M&M test track but it was just an initial impression sort.

Is it kind of a strategy from M&M to hold back every reviewer to get hands on car for extensive reports till they launch it and get first moving advantage? Just a thought since we have Nissan Sunny, Honda Brio and every other car reviews before or just after launch and we never had to wait for so long.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:48   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Dear all ,

For those who booked , congrats . For those who were waiting , waiting and waiting for reviews to take decisions , booking is closed .

I hope our team bhp review will be now out ????
Yes please close 2 weeks since the launch and bookings have also closed after reaching ? 10,000
i think tomorrow we will get the teambhp xuv500 review (just taking a wild guess)
Maybe we should start a poll with dates for next 10 days to see when we will get the teambhp xuv500 review
dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 16:57   #2996
Senior - BHPian

A photo from my friend who saw it at Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-pic1.jpg  

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-imgp4025-copy.jpg  

Old 11th October 2011, 17:03   #2997
Senior - BHPian

saw one on the road near my place, looks very impressive but doesnt have the road presence that a Fortuner has
Old 11th October 2011, 17:16   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
saw one on the road near my place, looks very impressive but doesnt have the road presence that a Fortuner has

This is purely a Innova Killer in terms of market placements . The Fortuner killers are getting ready in South Korea and will arrive ( Time is any one's guess !!!!)

Probably the Japanese , German car makers are contemplating on what can M & M do in future keeping the current form factor , design , price points this SUV was launched .

There are some issues which need to be addressed in the XUV design and i feel M & M will hear to customer feedback . Hope they read TEAM BHP .!!!!
Old 11th October 2011, 17:24   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Yet to see any in Delhi , i would be surprised given the exterior design if this car did not stand out or have a presence on the road - maybe a bit meek from the rear but the side and the front profile should turn some heads on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Old 11th October 2011, 17:36   #3000
BHPian

Its a strange that nobody is talking about the 180 bhp XUV 500 , still under testing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks