Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 13:30   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post

Just curious to know if anyone here would buy a 160bhp Polo for about 12 lakhs?

(I would)
droool !! true hot hatch territory - i will buy for sure (even though i will need a huge loan).
I would dream of the fiat 500 till they launched it with a diesel. I am truly waiting for a real petrol hot hatch - tc'd polo, golf, mini, 500 anything
Old 15th May 2009, 14:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Launch date

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
@sidindica - What are the expected launch dates?
Jassi: if you were to go by some consistent auto mags [ACI for instance], the new Polo could release in 1st qtr of 2010. Production for it starts from mid Dec 2009..

Though, this may change.

FYI, 'Made in India' Fabias have already started production in Chakkan plant..
Old 25th May 2009, 10:38   #48
BHPian

A.S.S for VW

A.S.S for VW better than skoda or is it the same.if its the same.i know its off topic.but just curious to know.

Saw NDTV car and bike show yesterday and they claimed that polo will be priced between 5 and 6 lks.
launch will be in jan 2010.There will be detailed review on polo in the next show so watch out for that polo fans.

Last edited by binoyb22 : 25th May 2009 at 10:45.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:09   #49
BHPian

i missed that show but caught the last moments. priced at 5 to 6 lacs amazing. this is one hot hatch. a must wait i think.
Old 25th May 2009, 19:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
priced at 5 to 6 lacs amazing.
There is no chance of the Polo being priced less than the Fabia, unless it receives inferior engines. Expect prices to be between 6 to 9 lakhs.

Right now the biggest unanswered question is whether the Polo will come with the same engines as the Fabia (disappointing) or with better ones such as the 1.2 TSI (exciting) and the Bluemotion diesel.

Other things that remain to be seen are if the Indian version will get rear disc brakes (present in the European car), DSG (available in Europe with the 1.2 TSI), climate control and touchscreen head-unit (available on all models in Europe) etc. Hopefully VW wont sell us short this time and lauch a "cheap" version of the Polo in India.
Old 25th May 2009, 20:26   #51
BHPian

I had a experience of VW technology, when I drove VW mini van 7 seater 2.0 Liter TDI, from Germany to Switzerland. This small engine was so powerfull, it takes no time to reach 160 KMPH, max I could do was 195 KMPH.

I became a fan of VW diesel engine.
Old 25th May 2009, 20:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow! If Polo would be available with a TSI engine here, I'm just gonna get it asap!.

But for now, I find FIAT Bravo a little more impressive!
Old 26th May 2009, 09:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
There is no chance of the Polo being priced less than the Fabia, unless it receives inferior engines. Expect prices to be between 6 to 9 lakhs.

Right now the biggest unanswered question is whether the Polo will come with the same engines as the Fabia (disappointing) or with better ones such as the 1.2 TSI (exciting) and the Bluemotion diesel.

Other things that remain to be seen are if the Indian version will get rear disc brakes (present in the European car), DSG (available in Europe with the 1.2 TSI), climate control and touchscreen head-unit (available on all models in Europe) etc. Hopefully VW wont sell us short this time and lauch a "cheap" version of the Polo in India.
Exactly my sentiments. I had mentioned this earlier also; the Fabia has to be positioned below the Polo.
As far as equipment levels, our man SVP of The C&B Show is already saying that the India launch will be with the low end engines, with a 1.6 brought in later. Rear discs etc are on the 1.2 TSI, I think. As it is, some reviews already say that the earlier engines are weedy, including the 1.4, and its only the newer engine options that do the trick (but will we get those newer engines!?)
Some of the release pics have rear parking sensors, climate control, split rear seats, DSG, 17 inch low profile tires....
I think when this auto arrives, we are going to be very disappointed with the trim levels. It will just "look similar" to the Polo. What with high profile tires, small alloys, raised GC...And we would be paying the same price as the highest spec version, regardless!
For those interested, take a look at an early drive here: Volkswagen Polo (2009 onwards)Â*-Â*First Drives | Reviews | MSN Cars UK . If you see the expected starting UK price, that's almost 6.80 Lakhs right there. Higher specs would hit the roof. And then, we will get the same "over-priced and underpowered" story we hear from the Fabia detractors. And that without projector lamps, sunroof, etc. etc.
Oh boy, it sucks buying cars in India!
Old 26th May 2009, 10:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
no. that dude from car and bike show said that. i actually find it amusing.even i think there is no way this will be priced at such a price.

but who knows with lots of localization of parts. 70-85 % they may be able to acheive 5.5 to 6.5 something. fabia will get even cheaper and will have all safety features standard. at the same price isn't that great?
Old 26th May 2009, 11:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Have the test mules spotted on the road? I remember a thread where the old generation POLO was spotted with German registration numbers. Any "Indian" mule?

Tushky/AJO/SidIndica?
Old 26th May 2009, 12:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Have the test mules spotted on the road? I remember a thread where the old generation POLO was spotted with German registration numbers. Any "Indian" mule?

Tushky/AJO/SidIndica?
not yet. nowdays ARAI guys behaving very strict. even they dont park test car near Main gate. the only big scoop i missed 2 weeks ago is New Chevy Beat Man! my cell camera got switched off and the car went inside.
Old 26th May 2009, 16:13   #57
aby
BHPian

Will VW be different from its cousin Skoda in the A.S.S department? Or will the VW management learn from the mistakes of Skoda?

Polo if it launched at a 10% premium price over Fabia will be a killer product IMO.
Old 26th May 2009, 16:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
not yet. nowdays ARAI guys behaving very strict. even they dont park test car near Main gate. the only big scoop i missed 2 weeks ago is New Chevy Beat Man! my cell camera got switched off and the car went inside.
Okay! So ARAI guys have started behaving strict. That's a problem for we car enthusiasts :(

OT: With the GM going down, will the beat take a beating?
Old 26th May 2009, 17:44   #59
BHPian

If we were to look here ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post568633), there was much skepticism about the 2010 launch date. Whatever else might happen, VW have managed their (accelerated) schedules very well indeed.

Now I pray that this translates to an accelerated localization project and that local assembly of the Fabia and Polo achieves a desired price point for a decent, internationally comparable set of features.

How is it that for anything else like consumer electronics etc. etc., we can buy an identical product that we would get elsewhere, but when it comes to autos, you begin to get your identical product only with a corresponding outlay of very large numbered notes!?
Old 30th May 2009, 14:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post

Now I pray that this translates to an accelerated localization project and that local assembly of the Fabia and Polo achieves a desired price point for a decent, internationally comparable set of features.
Well, its not looking too good already.

We had three different auto shows covering the recent press drive in Sardinia, Italy, and they do not seem to agree on what the India spec and options are going to be.

Oh, we know it drives well and rides nicely even on low profiles on EU roads.

What about out here?

I'm hearing engine options at launch pegged at a brace of 1.2 diesel and petrol units. The petrol being the same as the Fabia (HTP??) , and an all new 3 cylinder 1.2 oil burner. We can see where this is going, already !

"Later" there will be a 1.6 petrol. No mention of the 1.4, and given that is the one with the DSG, an auto box is ruled out too.

We already have an idea of what we WONT get: low profile tires; DSG (unless there is demand!); the only worthwhile engine in the pile- the 1.2 TSI; heck, one show host even says the integrated LED turn indicators in the ORVMs will not make it here! (So will the side indicator be added to the body shell, given that there is no other side indicator on the Euro spec Polo?); also, no central navigation console; no black/ grey interiors.

VW wants to sell 25,000 a year, but the fans are being lumped with the rest of our billion plus population and having our choices made for us.

Who wants a beige interior? But that's what we will get!

I for one am sick and tired of being hand-held and treated like a baby by every manufacturer out there.

Hot hatch in looks only? Early indications seem to point to (yet another) one of these stories.

C'mon VW, make my day and prove me wrong for once.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks