Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 18:12   #76
Ice
BHPian

Tata has finally got a car without flab. Love the lines on the flanks - nice!
Old 4th March 2009, 18:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

The car looks more like a Peugeot! I expected Pininfarina to have done much better for Tata. Will Tata actually consider bringing a "luxury" sedan in the Indian markets? It won't sell at all even if it is priced in the sub- 10lac range!
Old 4th March 2009, 18:34   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Not Bad i must say..Tata is capable of producing such sleek cars after all...But i still feel there are traces of Indica in this car too...old habits die hard.
Seriously. You sure?
Indica was designed by IDEA and Prima has been designed by Pinnifarina. So for any similarity, what so ever, TATA can't be held responsible.
We should come out of our prejudices (a pointer to people who just love to beat up TATA because they own a non tata vehicle) and give marks to TATA when they deserve it.
Old 4th March 2009, 18:39   #79
BHPian

Not bad for a concept, considering that it looks far better than the current offerings from Tata in the same segment. If ever it is released in the market it will not look like the concept, look what Maruti did with the A-Star. I wish this becomes a reality sooner than later, Tata's really need a face lift session.

oh with all the comparisions done with the design, look at what Hyundai has done with Genesis, hell they dont even own Daimler, atleast Tata owns Jaguar.
Old 4th March 2009, 18:42   #80
BHPian

i don't know why people keeping cribbing abut it being design influenced by some other designs ..what the heck even the mighty Honda has designed the CITY which is copy of 3 series rear . when HONDA which has been a international manufacture for so many decades take inspirations why cant tata ? i means its not as if its like those CHINESE WHO are do carbon copy of all cars . if we keep looking closely I am sure people would agree that most cars in this world have some designs copied (take inspirations rather ) from other cars .
more over its not like its some 1-2 cr exotic car to have paka original designs . For a car which is to be priced in <10lak range(hopefully) i don't see any problem in it taking inspirations from other cars ..especially a jag since its a tata group after all :P.
agreed tata has to seriously improve the build if it has to succeed in the 10 lak range .
with respect to the design a huge THUMBS UP!

PS:if this car launches with a 120 bhp petrol engine under 10 laks count me in.!
Old 4th March 2009, 20:55   #81
BHPian

Instead of pushing out a new model or variant every fortnight they should concentrate first to deliver consistent and reliable cars. Can any one count the number of variants they have launched for Indica, Indigo and Safari
Old 4th March 2009, 22:28   #82
BHPian

anyone else things the front is a little too sloped? anyway, nice car... too bad this will take ages to Tata to get to market..
Old 4th March 2009, 22:47   #83
BHPian

TATA press conf at Geneva Auto Show. At 1 min 28 sec Pininfarina CEO (?) is speaking. The video is edited but he is talking about a new model designed for Geneva which Tata has promised will go into production! So Pr1ma, the only Pininfarina-Tata collaboration product, may go into production afterall.

Old 4th March 2009, 23:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

That Maserati-esque front end's gonna create a senastion on indian roads..it so different & sporty! Some good engines,improved quality & a killer price should see this one shine through.It looks very fresh than its current competition.
Old 4th March 2009, 23:28   #85
BHPian

is it just me or does any one else think that this car would look even better as a coupe than a sedan.?
Old 4th March 2009, 23:41   #86
BHPian

Can we end the comparisons to other makes? This is an out and out TATA.

http://www.pininfarina.com/index/sto...0/image/04.jpg
Old 4th March 2009, 23:42   #87
BHPian

I see a Tata trying to get into the international market with their own products more aggressively.

hope them the best.
Old 4th March 2009, 23:49   #88
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
An intern from JLR could have done a better job. Would have also helped in implementing it to compete with Honda or Toyota.
If interns at JLR would have been so good, there would have been no reason for these companies to be in the dumps and being sold off for the price they got sold off.
Old 5th March 2009, 09:35   #89
BHPian

It is sad to see people deriding the car just bcoz it is to be made by Tata truly a sad reflection of Indian crab mentality . For the comments like they should first improve the service of existing cars please tell this to Skoda & Merc also they charge 6 - 20 times the price for a A** which is worse that Tata Motors . I have been running an Indica for 2 years and inspite of a serious accident car has been running w/o issues . Another point which people can think about is the comment of Bangler ( ex Chief designer of BMW) who has complimented Tata for bringing in a fresh approach to car design by Nano .
Give them a chance yaar they can't do worse than Laura's for reliability ! Right ?
Old 5th March 2009, 09:46   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post

Thanks for the link da_lowrider. Those pics look awesome.
The car looks great but for the regular grill borrowed from the Indigo.
Interesting to note it's based on the Indigo platform.

You're welcome sir, the Indigo platform bit caught my attention as well, the only thing I'd like to know is whether its the current Indigo platform or the Indigo Vista's platform. The article says it is based on India's first ingeniously developed sedan, so it should mean the original Indigo, not too sure about that though because it seems like an extremely retrograde step.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks