Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 14:38   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You forget Big Daddy Toyota coming up with a diesel Altis. One of the main reasons behind the Octy + Laura numbers is the diesel factor (unpopular Sonata CRDi being the only other option). When Toyota comes with it's Altis diesel, you can be sure it will be well accepted in the market.

Absolutely true,

In that range buyers just dont have any options for a diesel car,

So, because of monopoly Skoda has exploited us.

But now, as Altis will come, Skoda really has to run for its money.

All the best for Altis diesel.

I cant imagine the skoda's situation that after Altis, ANHC & Civic both are also available with diesel
Old 24th April 2009, 14:51   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the update , that SKODA ( sick kompany of disgusting attitude) came to meet mods .
Dont ever think they have softened their stand or think they will change anything inside . They are here to do business and they will do it to earn enough profit ( by robbing customers ) . They are not here to do charity .We cant trust them as of now. Only time and their actions will tell.

BTW is harish getting his car back ?( new car ?) .

Last edited by black12rr : 24th April 2009 at 15:00.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:20   #1533
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations to Team-Bhp and all of its users
Old 24th April 2009, 15:52   #1534
BHPian

I have read through this post and am shocked at Skoda's attitude. I have dissuaded many friends from buying Skoda by referring them to this article.

Team BHP should remove the red Skoda from their website!!!
Old 24th April 2009, 16:22   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Hi KB!

sorry about it. Did not see the capitalization rule in the Board Rules! Not even in the posts by others!!

And sorry about the smileys...Will keep caution while posting in the future.

cheers!
Hey AirbusA340.

Dont be sorry! You are new here and we are all here to help!

Here you go...

First the relevant Board Rules thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...etiquette.html

To quote specifically from the above ..

Quote:
2) Use Proper Punctuation & Capitalization

- Try to capitalize the first letter when you start a new sentence.
And here is not one - but an entire thread full of posts on this, and related subjects by numerous members!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...r-english.html

Cheers!
Old 24th April 2009, 16:38   #1536
Senior - BHPian

It seems likely that Skoda is like our Indian Government: not bothered at all about their constituency, and only waking up when there is a huge uproar. What is all this baloney about `obsessed with...'. I wonder what many existing Skoda owners will feel when they wake up in the morning, and see this tag line in Skoda adverts.
Old 24th April 2009, 16:48   #1537
BHPian

Any update on Harish's car?

Hi, GTO, Mods:

Did Skoda guys mention anything about Harish's case in the meeting? Or are they still maintaining a tight lip saying its a 'Sub-judice matter'?

I read on the other thread that he is still paying EMI on this car

Harish, you must be having a super cool head and nerves of steel to stand through all this
Old 24th April 2009, 19:08   #1538
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
They are here to do business and they will do it to earn enough profit ( by robbing customers ) . They are not here to do charity .
Butttttttttttttt happy customers = good word of mouth = even more customers! Nothing works like word of mouth in India. Thus, it makes solid (and basic) business sense for Skoda to keep owners of its cars satisfied with stellar service levels.

Can they manage this herculean task? Guess we'll have to wait to find out.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:44   #1539
Senior - BHPian

I think Skoda have rubbed the sentiments of a common Indian car lover the wrong way and definitely they shot their own foot by barging into the forum.

Since then they had been into hiding I suppose . Good work there "Rush" along with Navin and Rehaan and there had been numerous instances where the forum had worked its magic through and am sure it will continue to do so.

Let justice come to the fore and above all can certainly understand the pain and agony Harish had been going through.

As Rush pointed out about the word of mouth is what the reputation of a brand is dependent on, certainly they would have known by now the hard way and will know the implications of such pathetic attitude in the future too.
Old 24th April 2009, 20:38   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_VIII View Post
Harish, you must be having a super cool head and nerves of steel to stand through all this
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Let justice come to the fore and above all can certainly understand the pain and agony Harish had been going through.
Folks - Thoroughly painful and frustrating is a mild term. Have a tough time controlling my pent up anger. Looking forward to a positive end to this saga.
Old 24th April 2009, 23:00   #1541
BHPian

I liked Skoda looks, but took a Civic

Dear Skoda Corporate,
I liked the looks of Skoda. However after the feedback from this forum about the customer service and rear seats leg space, the Honda Civic own the race by miles.

Team-bhp is the only forum where I see no crap. If your facts are straight, kindly post them on this forum. We will give you a fair judgement.

Take this as well. You lost another customer because of your attitude on this forum.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:41   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
*UPDATE*

The Senior management of Skoda came down to meet with three of Team-BHP's Moderators (GTO, Navin & Rehaan) in order to discuss the reported issues with Skoda’s after-sales service.
This is a landmark! I haven't felt more guilt for not logging in to T-BHP for a week than today - when a friend of mine told me this.

Let me raise a glass of 'appy to the Mods, to Harish, and to all Skoda owners out there. I sincerely hope that we can own a peppy Skoda soon(er than before) without fear!

HATS OFF, TEAM-BHP!
Old 25th April 2009, 03:01   #1543
Distinguished - BHPian

There's a new VW showroom in Chennai, if you want to check out VAG alternatives
Old 25th April 2009, 03:24   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A significant step alright, but a small one. What really matters is how Skoda brings its after-sales - consistently & across the board - up to premium standards (the way that things are at the moment, up is really the only way they can go). It is an uphill task and, IMO, if they start today, it will be at the least 12 - 24 months before customers start enjoying the fruit of this exercise.

Walk the talk, Skoda. Walk the talk. We'll be watching closely.
I might be new here and all but I feel all t-bhpians deserve a minutes of meeting kind of a post.
Old 25th April 2009, 09:18   #1545
Senior - BHPian

I'm beginning to believe that Skoda, India played a master stroke by giving a few minutes of their time to T-BHP reps.
That small move seems to have brought the boiling pot to a slow simmer and a lot of premature conjecture (that is what it is at the moment!) that the vital message went through!

How long can it take (should it take) to at least make a start by addressing Harish's problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks