Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2016, 21:24   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota future plans for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The company will now divert it's attention towards launching hybrid versions of it's existing fleet, with the Innova Crysta, the Fortuner and the Corolla Altis going through the hybridisation upgrade first.

The good news - he confirmed that the Yaris will be launched in India after it is sufficiently tweaked for Indian road conditions.
I hope the Hybrid Innova Crysta and Fortuner are not like Ciaz/Ertiga. A proper hybrid with the capacity to run a few kilometers on pure electric power would be a good option.

Yaris has some potential, but I think they should plan for launching the next generation. The Vios should also come with the Yaris.

Afterall, Yaris : Vios :: Jazz : City.
Old 1st December 2016, 22:33   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I hope the Hybrid Innova Crysta and Fortuner are not like Ciaz/Ertiga. A proper hybrid with the capacity to run a few kilometers on pure electric power would be a good option.

Yaris has some potential, but I think they should plan for launching the next generation. The Vios should also come with the Yaris.

Afterall, Yaris : Vios :: Jazz : City.

I don't think Toyota has any of those ciaz/ertiga like hybrid systems. They have a proper hybrid system which uses a combination of the electric motor and petrol engine or just the electric motor to power the car. Also regenerative braking to charge the batteries.

If Toyota can keep the pricing of the Crysta Petrol Hybrid same as the pricing of the current Crysta or maybe in between the petrol and the diesel, I am sure they will find a few buyers. I don't get the point of the Fortuner Hybrid. A Corolla Altis and Yaris hybrids are a nice move. 👍🏻
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:04   #138
BHPian

So owning a Toyotoa which would appeal to both mind and heart, will remain a distant dream in India atleast in near future.

The way, Innova and Fortuner have become premium and lost the VFM tag in recent years, and still rocking sales chart, this was bound to happen.

The only saving grace being Yaris, hope they don't tweak too much and go the Liva way.

We don't see any mention of Vios, so no point of discussing on that car.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd December 2016 at 11:38. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:08   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I guess, vios and Yaris are the same. Yaris just seems to be the hatchback variant of the vios.
And vios is seen testing very frequently in different states in the recent months. So, this might come soon.

Last edited by amalji : 2nd December 2016 at 11:12.
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:32   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only saving grace being Yaris, hope they don't tweak too much and go the Liva way.
Yaris will come in the space of a premium hatchback and debut here maybe in 2018/19, as the New Yaris is expected globally in 2017.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:48   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yaris will come in the space of a premium hatchback and debut here maybe in 2018/19, as the New Yaris is expected globally in 2017.
This is exactly my expectations from Toyota, move Liva to Swift class and Yaris to Jazz/i20 class.
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:56   #142
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I guess, vios and Yaris are the same. Yaris just seems to be the hatchback variant of the vios.

Yaris and Vios are the same. It is sold in the Middle East as the Yaris(both as hatchback & sedan) and in the South east Asia as the Vios(sedan). I guess the Vios will be getting the reworked 1.5L engine from the Etios. Preferably a dual vvti.
Old 26th January 2017, 20:41   #143
BHPian

Toyota planning a made-for-India hybrid car in five years

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/vQ...ive-years.html

<quote>
The impetus behind Toyota’s plan for a new car is India’s Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) norms, that seek to ensure that the mileage of cars on Indian roads improves by 10% between 2017 and 2021 and 30% from 2022 while carbon dioxide emissions comes down to 108 grams per litre starting 2022. The mileage improvement will be decided on the basis of litres of fuel consumed by a vehicle to run 100km.<unquote>

Can anyone throw some light on these CAFE norms? I didnot know INDIA has these norms. Is there a topic on this on this forum?
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:56   #144
BHPian

Re: Toyota's future plans for India

I have been witnessing video advertisement of RAV4 on Facebook in sponsored category. Today I saw the same video ad on Times of India site also. Is something brewing within Toyota that we are not aware of?
Old 1st June 2017, 14:45   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota puts hold on its new launches instead will focus on consolidation of operations.

With recent changes in Governments thinking especially on Hybrids, Toyota India is rethinking on its product launches and investments in India.

Earlier was proposing the Vios, a compact CUV( C-HR?) and a compact sedan, but now puts it on hold.

Now Totota India expects a growth lower than the industry at 5-6% compared to the guidance of 7-8 percent provided by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st June 2017 at 14:47.
Old 1st June 2017, 15:02   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota puts hold on its new launches instead will focus on consolidation of operations.

With recent changes in Governments thinking especially on Hybrids, Toyota India is rethinking on its product launches and investments in India.

Earlier was proposing the Vios, a compact CUV( C-HR?) and a compact sedan, but now puts it on hold.

Now Totota India expects a growth lower than the industry at 5-6% compared to the guidance of 7-8 percent provided by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.

Link
When you can make obscene profits from just 2 models, why bother with anything else?

Weren't their investments already on hold in India due to the "uncertain, unfavourable business conditions" etc since NGT banned 2+ litre engines in NCR.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 10:50   #147
Senior - BHPian

Approaching govt to consider hybrids in EV drive: Toyota

Quote:
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) is approaching the government to consider hybrids as a key part of India's drive towards electric vehicles (EVs), according to a top company official.
Quote:
The government has envisaged 100 per cent electric vehicles for public transport and 40 per cent for personal transportation by 2030.
Quote:
He added that with more than 80 per cent of the electricity in India being generated by burning coals, getting a car which runs on electricity generated by burning coals doesn't help much.

If you look at pollution factor, the hybrids stand much better than EVs. It is less for electrified hybrid vehicles," he said.
Quote:
Electric vehicles are still in work-in-progress stage and it will take some time to come, and by that time the infrastructure will also get developed in India
IMO, Toyota is right regarding the way Electric Vehicles are meant to be adopted. I cannot understand why GOI has neglected Hybrids when they are the best of both words.

Is Maruti's SHVS to be blamed here ?

How I wish everyone own/drive a hybrid before moving to Battery Electric Cars post 2030 !

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 11:31   #148
BHPian

I happened to give my car to the service center here in chennai for body work (fender damaged). I got to know that Vios will be launched shortly. Even though I was told it could be within a month, but i see March as the deadline. They were positive that the production has also started for Vios.
Balaji31582 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 15:59   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota revisits its India plans - Yaris( sedan & hatch) likely to step in!

Quote:
Toyota has revisited its strategy for the Indian market and the Japanese carmaker is reportedly planning to offer more products in the mass market segment soon.
Quote:
There could be something in the small car segment (upper end of the compact car segment.)
Quote:
Launching the Yaris Ativ sedan in India will also open the doors for the Yaris hatchback, which is based on the same platform.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd January 2018 at 16:05.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 15:15   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota India score card and going forward,

Current Scenario

Toyota's future plans for India-t0.jpg

Toyota's future plans for India-t7.jpg

Future game plan

Toyota's future plans for India-t5.jpg

Yaris - Game changer in terms of safety , Cost effective and will improve plant utilization.

Toyota's future plans for India-t1.jpg
Toyota's future plans for India-t2.jpg
Toyota's future plans for India-t3.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th February 2018 at 15:17.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks