Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 23:25   #76
BHPian

I guess this is what a new santro will look like in Orange Color.
The engine will be the same IRDE unit with slight tweaking to comply with Bharat IV norms which come into affect in April next year. Hyundai has preponed the launch of the new Santro owing to the launch of the estillo . As usual there will be a marginal price hike
Attached Thumbnails
New Santro expected in Dec '09-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 30th August 2009 at 23:28.
Old 31st August 2009, 00:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

This Kia Picanto is nowhere comparable to Xing in looks and if this is the new Santro, then it's surely a messup.
Old 31st August 2009, 00:30   #78
Senior - BHPian

this is a fresh model, but the front is HORRIBLE. a new front for the indian market will be good. the santro is one of the best models in its segment and i think hyundai won't mess with it.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

The Santro will only have a grill change to its exteriors and no sheetmetal change is there.
The interior will be beige with i10 seats.

hope this clears the confusion and kindly do not again and again post the kia picanto pics as the new Santro is nowhere related to the picanto, which rides on a modified getz platform.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:17   #80
BHPian

The orange colour Santro looks plain ugly, especially that grill and headlights. If this is what will happen after the upgrade, then too bad. The current Xing looks far better
Old 31st August 2009, 10:24   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The Santro will only have a grill change to its exteriors and no sheetmetal change is there.

hope this clears the confusion and kindly do not again and again post the kia picanto pics as the new Santro is nowhere related to the picanto, which rides on a modified getz platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
The orange colour Santro looks plain ugly, especially that grill and headlights. If this is what will happen after the upgrade, then too bad. The current Xing looks far better
Sid has clearly mentioned that there will only be a grill change and not anything similar to Kia Picanto, please be clear of the change.

P.S. - If you havent read Sid's post before you posted this, kindly ignore, else, please read Sid's post.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:32   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Sid has clearly mentioned that there will only be a grill change and not anything similar to Kia Picanto, please be clear of the change.

P.S. - If you havent read Sid's post before you posted this, kindly ignore, else, please read Sid's post.
Thanks. I had not read SID's Post. Now I have. It is even more surprising now to note that Santro is till just doing cosmetic changes to its 11 year old model. I think it is high time they brought something new. Looks like they are also following the footsteps of Maruti, and bringing in something in the last hour to combat Estilo
Old 31st August 2009, 11:15   #83
Senior - BHPian

I'm guessing the grill change will look like the ones on the i20 an i10, where the hyundai logo is surrounded by a chrome lip.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

did anyone manage any pic?
Old 31st August 2009, 11:50   #85
BHPian

Slightly Off-topic, but are Kia and Hyundai separate companies or are they the same parent company?
I did some research on Google and could not get that much information(though there is a Hyundai-Kia Global group).
Any information is appreciated.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

Kia is owned by the Hyundai Kia Automotive group.It is like Daihutsu of hyundai.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:54   #87
BHPian

any confirmation on what the changes are going to be..?? Till now everything seems to be in air with lots of guessing around...!!
Old 31st August 2009, 16:02   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Kia is owned by the Hyundai Kia Automotive group.It is like Daihutsu of hyundai.
Daihatsu is Toyota's subsidiary that produces and sells mini-vehicles and compact cars (largely below 600 cc).
Old 31st August 2009, 17:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

I don’t understand what is Hyundai trying achieve by changing the grills on the exterior & putting in beige interiors, no engine /transmission changes I guess it can best be classified as a half hearted minor modification.

I think Hyundai's new product pipeline is empty for the time being and just to counter Maruti's on-slaughter of new product they have desperately released this modified Santro.

Indian customer is getting choosy & and any nonsense minor product upgrade will not be accepted.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:46   #90
BHPian

No Information yet ? No pics ?
hyundai santro's site is down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks