Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 22:17   #196
BHPian

Hi Gagan...feel very sorry for your experience. I definetly understand what went thru your mind/ heart when your kids had the frightened look on their faces in the middle of the night on an empty road.

I feel happy that the car doors haven't locked themselves up when it stalled due to electronics failure.

My friend owns a Laura, he said to me that this is his last Skoda car because he thinks that Maruti takes better care of 800 in their service stations than Skoda takes cares of a Laura. (When his car came back from services, he got a burnt seat cover once, Got few dents other time).
Old 28th August 2009, 23:36   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
- what does Skoda think of itself?

Gagan - any thoughts on how you plan to go about this? Do talk to Harish as his inputs will be invaluable.

If I were in your shoes I would consider talking to Thomas Keuhl - just call up the land line and say you are a customer wanting to speak with him; he cannot ignore your call Gagan. Let him say yes / no or that "I will get back"

All the best.
Have written numerous mails to Thomas Keuhl but they go unanswered. Tried talking to him but never comes on line. I feel as I mentioned earlier they are just intrested to sell new cars and thereafter god be with you. They are not intrested. If the MD of this company is not intrested in listening to the greviences of the customers I dont know what we should expect from others in the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Main problem with Skoda setup is lack of dealer training, monitoring and strict action against erring dealers by Skoda. They have appointed the dealers and so they are responsible for their misdeeds.

Skoda must also learn to interact directly with the customers and resolve their problems. But sadly their management is adopting a 'GORA SAHIB' attitude who think that India is a Banana Republic and we Indians are not worth talking to.

This management should be dismissed and thrown out of India.

It will be better if you write to SIAM, FICCI & CII etc., and also to the ministry controlling the auto industry.
If you or other fellow BHP-ians can help me with contacts for these people I would be greatful. More so the Indians who are employed at high positions in the company carry the same attitude.

I agree with you Visu03. Forget maruti 800 even a Bajaj scooter dealer will give you better customer care.

Well I would like to share with you the response I got from ZIGWHEELS to my problem.

ZigWheels Response:

• Expert’s Opinion:
Dear Gagan, this is a failure of the highest order for a car that you have paid so much money for. You should actually pursue Skoda Motors and not just the dealer to ask for a new car altogether, since this is the least they can do for you for your time that has been wasted because of the car being in the garage.

Last edited by ajmat : 29th August 2009 at 08:24.
Old 29th August 2009, 04:14   #198
BHPian

Gagan - let me know if you need help. I know a few auto journalists who may be able to help you out. Skoda should replace your car; or drag them to the consumer court.

My Suggestion:
1) Gather evidence -- car service history et al. (which you already have)
2) Find a good lawyer and issue a legal notice to Skoda
3) Drag them to the consumer court
Old 29th August 2009, 06:26   #199
BHPian

Gagan:

Everytime I read this post, I feel sorry and sad - what a waste of time, effort and mental trauma. Since you have exhausted all normal ways of persuasion and it is clear that Skoda is unwilling to help you, the way to protect your interest is legal. Atleast to ensure that your stand is made clear.

Why not just engage a civil lawyer who is well versed with Consumer Protection Act and find ways in which the law tries to protect you? Under what circumstances are you justified in the eyes of the law to seek a refund or a new car? If the circumstances are similar to the ones you find yourself in, then quickly draft a notice and send it to them and all relevant parties so that your position is made clear. I don't think this will change their mind, but you are laying a foundation for getting a replacement via legal means.

Of course do also pursue the Press, the group that Harish is creating among other things etc!

Last but not the least Team BHP is with you till the last mile.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 29th August 2009 at 06:27.
Old 29th August 2009, 08:40   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Skoda thinks that the Indian consumer can be treated like crap,
They do.

Quote:
Last but not the least I am in the boat with Harish who has most of my documentation for his initiative.
Thanks diffsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
WELL I THINK THESE COMPANIES COMING TO INDIA ARE TAKING US INDIANS FOR GRANTED
Exactly. They have been doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
This is the small bit i could help our freinds here who have been cheated by skoda...
Thanks srinivas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Maybe the affected parties can come together and launch a dignified silent protest outside / near the Skoda stall at the 2010 Auto Expo, requesting that their concerns be addressed and demonstrating the woes they are facing with their vehicles (in some cases brand new vehicles). News channels should take notice of that. It is after all news worthy as far as they are concerned. I mean if the company is seemingly refusing to listen to customers in spite of repeated requests what other choice do they have to make them take notice and solve their problems.
Sounds good. We have to consider such options.

Quote:
send your complaint to all major news papers and car magazines. Generate as much negative publicity as you can. Contact all news channels and car shows. Hopefully it will bring about some results and let us see what happens.
Perfect suggestion that. Hurts them the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Bah, I'm too annoyed to write any more.
Me too buddy. Almost 17 months in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Don't go for any legal activity right away. Plan and then proceed.

Yes!! publicity through media would be the best way to start with. If possible get this done on a national level. Only then you might get attention.

BTW, do not accept anything less than a brand new car.
+1 to that.

Quote:
This I am suggesting only due to absence of any prompt legal redressal system in India.
Correct. Since we do not, we will have to work around it, which we will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post
In case of Skoda nobody cares. Looks like they still look at India as a third world country where anything goes.
+1 to that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
It is not usual practice in India to give a refund when harassment is much cheaper for the company and more wearisome for the consumer. No such enforcement or highly effective consumer redressals either.
Right again. That is why they have become so bold and arrogant.

Quote:
Maybe you should try persuading (instead of a mail) by talking to Mr AD / Mr TK. Try get a certain answer (yes / no / maybe - it is most likely to be a no). You would then know for sure what Skoda's stated position is.
Thats right Gagan. You should confirm that right away to plan the next step.

Quote:
Well - here's one thought on how it could be implemented:

1. I think step 1 would be to see if ppl feel its worth it as a concept since following through is a bit of a logistic task.

2. Collate list of people with location details who would like to contribute to the material.

3. Form a core group to conceptualise (key is to have a small core group with the necessary info / skill sets to take overall ownership of seeing this through).

4. Form a coordination committee with members in each applicable location.

5. Core group that conceptualised it coordinates with Coordination Commmitee to put it together.

6. Once it is ready and uploaded, the entire community can use all their respective channels to circulate through FB, twitter, email etc.

This is of all of course too much detail. First we need to get past 1. above and also assess whether there are enough participants - perhaps separate find a way of putting together the list.
Sounds very good and practical.

1. Seems like a good idea.

2. I have a list of around 200 plus people, few of whom I am in touch for the collective law suit. I can start talking to them about this.

3. My drawbacks lie in me not being very tech savvy. However I undertake to co-ordinate with all the owners and provide material if someone agrees to do this video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Mathur View Post
Try writing to 'info@skoda-auto.cz', it may help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
@gagaanand, can you also try writing to their head office outside India. That way at least we can bring the problem to the attention of the car maker.
Futile. They are very much aware. You should read their replies. Frustrating and in a lighter vein can be termed hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I have started getting a feeling that Skoda doesn't care.
Wonder why.

Finally,

I just landed at 3 am today morning from the US. I will need a few more days to co-ordinate our law suit against Skoda. Lot of parameters to iron out. Lot of people to co-ordinate with. Can't afford to leave any loop holes. It is a slow tedious job but am sure should turn out good. I will try and do my best.

. Did not see a single Skoda in San Fransisco and Los Angeles. Rest of the wheels were a delight. Many of us would be familiar but for those who are not, I am sure you all would have loved it.
Old 29th August 2009, 10:47   #201
Senior - BHPian

^^Skodas are not available in the US.

Good luck with the class action suit. I hope something positive turns up from it for all skoda owners.
Old 29th August 2009, 11:50   #202
BHPian

@gagan

Please lodge your complaint on ::Welcome to Consumer Voice::Online Magazine, Comparative Product Testing, Consumer Rights
They also provide guidance on legal remedies.

the above is a link

Consumer Voice : Online Magazine

Last edited by akj53 : 29th August 2009 at 11:53.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermalpaste View Post
Gagan - let me know if you need help. I know a few auto journalists who may be able to help you out. Skoda should replace your car; or drag them to the consumer court.

My Suggestion:
1) Gather evidence -- car service history et al. (which you already have)
2) Find a good lawyer and issue a legal notice to Skoda
3) Drag them to the consumer court
Thanks a lot. Well would be nice if your journalist friends could help me on this. If you could talk to them and put me across to them. My contact No. is 9810005838
Old 30th August 2009, 10:18   #204
Team-BHP Support

I just read this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...yet-again.html and its really getting to me as it is to a lot of us.

I really think affected owners should take this up at the A. Expo '10. Embarass the hell out the company - put placards - put photos. If you manage to make the video then play it!! These guys need a wake up call !!

I was seriously considering a Yeti as a second car in a 2 yr horizon if they get their act together but there's no way I'm going to touch anything skoda till they start addressing the issues of their existing customers. I'm also going to go all out to convince ppl in my immediate circle not to buy it - those who come and take my advice on car purchases.

Quote:
Maybe the affected parties can come together and launch a dignified silent protest outside / near the Skoda stall at the 2010 Auto Expo, requesting that their concerns be addressed and demonstrating the woes they are facing with their vehicles (in some cases brand new vehicles).
Old 30th August 2009, 10:51   #205
BHPian

Well the whole problem is with the attitude of Skoda management which is not customer centric and if they dont change it in near future then GOD SAVE SKODA
Old 30th August 2009, 11:30   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
Well the whole problem is with the attitude of Skoda management which is not customer centric and if they dont change it in near future then GOD SAVE SKODA
Let us first worry about GOD saving Skoda Customers.

The company can go to hell for all I care.
Old 30th August 2009, 11:35   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I really think affected owners should take this up at the A. Expo '10. Embarass the hell out the company - put placards - put photos. If you manage to make the video then play it!! These guys need a wake up call !!
Brilliant Idea. Skoda needs a wake up call with respect to their a.s.s. and a public protest in a visible forum like Auto Expo is an excellent idea.
Old 30th August 2009, 14:04   #208
BHPian

I also second the idea of AXE77 of staging a protest at Auto Expo. All the auto press and TV channels will be there so the protest is bound to get a nation wide coverage. Let us start working on this idea.
Old 30th August 2009, 21:39   #209
Senior - BHPian

Another idea would be to pool money and take a small stall at the Auto Expo in order to popularize our point of view..
Old 30th August 2009, 21:54   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also second the idea of AXE77 of staging a protest at Auto Expo. All the auto press and TV channels will be there so the protest is bound to get a nation wide coverage. Let us start working on this idea.
That indeed is a good idea but it's best you guys discuss it in private as Skoda is probably watching this thread closely.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks