Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 15:40   #256
BHPian

Congrats Man!!!

I'm glad they exchanged it for you (albiet the did charge 1,50,000) I'm waiting for the laura VRS (if it is decently priced) so I followed this thread keenly, I think I should be fine as long as its not a DSG box ;
Old 5th October 2009, 17:58   #257
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.

Gagan: All is well, that ends well. Congrats Gagan for achieving what seemed impossible. Hope the new car gives u worry-free ownership. Still, if they would have replaced without any charge, they would have earned some respect from you.

I think Harish and all other Skoda owners, who have had issues, should get justice too. I think Skoda might have indeed read about some member plans about putting up a stall at A Expo 2010.. lol
Old 5th October 2009, 18:19   #258
BHPian

Congrats Gagan,finally skoda has made a customer happy.I wish Harish and other cases are resolved soon.

Gagan please post you ownership experience.Happy driving!!.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:56   #259
BHPian

Congratulations Gagan.
Atlast Skoda has shown maturity. By doing this they have shown faith in their own product and given themselves a chance to bring back a smile on the face of an unhappy customer.
Old 5th October 2009, 19:57   #260
BHPian

test drive car breaks down

saw this article today.

skoda superb 2009 Complaints - gear box and dealer- Auto bahn

Skoda superb 2009 Complaints - gear box and dealer- Auto bahn
View all skoda superb 2009 complaints
skoda superb 2009
Posted: 2009-09-27 by Kartik Parikh Send email
gear box and dealer- Auto bahn
Dear sir/ madam,@ skoda India.

Sub: complain regarding quality of new superb car and dealer.

I would like to bring to your notice, on 28th September, I had gone with intention of buying the new superb, and had gone with my father just to show him my new price possession. But when we went to Autobahn dealer in prabadevi, Mumbai office since I was advice to go to main showroom, to see the car and color by their Andheri branch.

I was shocked at the non professional approach by the dealer, no one to attend even after waiting for 20 minutes, in the meantime we asked for car brochure we were told by one of the salesguys first we do not have them, and after asking for specification chart, they told us rudely we do have one but it is expensive brochure costing Rs 4000 and is not for everyone! when we told him we had come for finalizing the color, and was going to book the car on Tuesday, they removed one small brochure and gave us.

and then some driver comes and explains the features, who was also not able to attend to query's which we had, and the reply was " aap sahab ko bat karo" . is this the way Skoda, treats its potential buyers?

Moreover when we went for test drive, the vehicle Stopped after driving for 4-5 minutes, The car would not just move in the middle of the road we were stuck, even after Autobahn driver who was driving the car tried to change gear, and accelerated, the car didn't move, thankfully we were not at high speed and not in the middle of the road, other wise some one would have banged into us from behind. We were scared to know what if this occurs gain, on the highway, What about safety of my kids, are my kids going to be safe in Superb.

Immediately on getting to dealer's showroom in other car, we tried to inquire about problem in gear box, but again, he were asked to wait and nobody to reply. we wanted answers regarding this problem, but simply nobody to reply, on razing this issue with receptionist Miss ketki, she replied this happens some time don't worry!

Dear sir, at this casual approach of the dealer specially when the car had a problem, makes me ponder does Skoda India does not care for new customers, for superb.
just would also like to mention when we inquired about blue tooth paring of mobile, we were told the car software was defective in new superb from day one and will not be able to say by when this problem by company would rectified.

This incidence and my experience of buying the new superb was spoiled and make me think are Skoda Car safe, and do they need customers?
Old 5th October 2009, 20:55   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
saw this article today.

...I was shocked at the non professional approach by the dealer, no one to attend even after waiting for 20 minutes, in the meantime we asked for car brochure we were told by one of the salesguys first we do not have them, and after asking for specification chart, they told us rudely we do have one but it is expensive brochure costing Rs 4000 and is not for everyone!when we told him we had come for finalizing the color, and was going to book the car on Tuesday, they removed one small brochure and gave us.
Maybe that person would do well to buy an accord.

This brochure is pretty huge.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-dsc01412.jpg  

Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-dsc01413.jpg  

Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-dsc01414.jpg  

Old 5th October 2009, 21:20   #262
BHPian

Congratulations Gagan. Hope the new car gives you worry -free ownership. Post some pics of the car . Hope everyone gets justice. Best of Luck Guys.

Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 5th October 2009, 22:28   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I guess the 147k is for depreciation? He did get a brand new car.
He should not have been a the position to need a brand-new car, he should have been happily driving what he had the right to expect was a high-class car without problems.

I think there are a lot of us who, in this situation, would not find it easy to find that much cash. If you're working, its a big chunk of savings if you're sensible enough to have them, if you are not working, it is a substantial amount of capital that may not be that quickly or easily come by.
Old 5th October 2009, 22:41   #264
BHPian

[quote=harishv;1515640]saw this article today.

well I feel the skoda dealers are one of the main area of propblem. In my case the Arshia motors acted responsibly. The owner of the dealership contacted me immediately in middle of night when the breakdown happened. His team was there in middle of the night. well skoda should look into the kind of dealers they appoint. It can make all the difference.

well my car was exchanged for a same petrol superb but I opted for a different colour silver this time. Earlier car was cappichino beige colour. well if you guys have an idea as to how to check the maufacturing date please let know
Old 5th October 2009, 22:57   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
well if you guys have an idea as to how to check the maufacturing date please let know
Look for the VIN (short for Vehicle Identification Number). It should either be on the windshield or on the side of the passenger seat.

You can find more about VIN here Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look forward to reviews and wish you a hassle free ownership,
Old 6th October 2009, 10:34   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
He should not have been a the position to need a brand-new car, he should have been happily driving what he had the right to expect was a high-class car without problems.

I think there are a lot of us who, in this situation, would not find it easy to find that much cash. If you're working, its a big chunk of savings if you're sensible enough to have them, if you are not working, it is a substantial amount of capital that may not be that quickly or easily come by.
I agree with him. Gagan had to pay Rs. 147000 premium +worries+frustration (due to Skoda's incompetency/fault) for a car which was supposed to perform well as expected from a new car. Skoda shouldn't have charged for depreciation.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:48   #267
BHPian

This is clear evidence that 'Skoda corporate' is listening to Team-bhp. I dont think otherwise this would have happened. We did have several other cases of lemons being defended vehemently by Skoda.
Old 6th October 2009, 11:15   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
saw this article today.

Skoda superb 2009 Complaints - gear box and dealer- Auto bahn
View all skoda superb 2009 complaints
skoda superb 2009
Posted: 2009-09-27 by Kartik Parikh Send email
gear box and dealer- Auto bahn
Dear sir/ madam,@ skoda India.

Sub: complain regarding quality of new superb car and dealer.

I would like to bring to your notice, on 28th September, I had gone with intention of buying the new superb, and had gone with my father just to show him my new price possession. But when we went to Autobahn dealer in prabadevi, Mumbai office since I was advice to go to main showroom, to see the car and color by their Andheri branch.

I was shocked at the non professional approach by the dealer, no one to attend even after waiting for 20 minutes, in the meantime we asked for car brochure we were told by one of the salesguys first we do not have them, and after asking for specification chart, they told us rudely we do have one but it is expensive brochure costing Rs 4000 and is not for everyone! when we told him we had come for finalizing the color, and was going to book the car on Tuesday, they removed one small brochure and gave us.

and then some driver comes and explains the features, who was also not able to attend to query's which we had, and the reply was " aap sahab ko bat karo" . is this the way Skoda, treats its potential buyers?

Moreover when we went for test drive, the vehicle Stopped after driving for 4-5 minutes, The car would not just move in the middle of the road we were stuck, even after Autobahn driver who was driving the car tried to change gear, and accelerated, the car didn't move, thankfully we were not at high speed and not in the middle of the road, other wise some one would have banged into us from behind. We were scared to know what if this occurs gain, on the highway, What about safety of my kids, are my kids going to be safe in Superb.

Immediately on getting to dealer's showroom in other car, we tried to inquire about problem in gear box, but again, he were asked to wait and nobody to reply. we wanted answers regarding this problem, but simply nobody to reply, on razing this issue with receptionist Miss ketki, she replied this happens some time don't worry!

Dear sir, at this casual approach of the dealer specially when the car had a problem, makes me ponder does Skoda India does not care for new customers, for superb.
just would also like to mention when we inquired about blue tooth paring of mobile, we were told the car software was defective in new superb from day one and will not be able to say by when this problem by company would rectified.

This incidence and my experience of buying the new superb was spoiled and make me think are Skoda Car safe, and do they need customers?
I remember going for a TD of the Superb with a friend when it had just come out.
Even my TD car stopped in the middle of the road, it ran out of fuel. Had to wait for 20mins in the middle of the road in blistering heat for some guy to set fuel for us. Says as much about the after sales.
Why do dealers have sparse amount of petrol in their TD cars I fail to understand.
Old 6th October 2009, 11:36   #269
BHPian

Congrats @gaganand, you have managed to pull out very successfully with a new car. enjoy your drive.

Care to share how you managed to get the replacement, it could be helpful to all other people who have bought skoda and are having their issues with skoda.
Old 6th October 2009, 11:43   #270
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gagan, the ordeal for you is over, and best of luck to all the owners on the roads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks