Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 11:58   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Gagan ! Glad you got justice. Please do share with us on how you finally convinced/threatened them to give you that replacement?
Old 12th October 2009, 16:42   #272

In Russia we say: it's good when it has a good ending. I'm glad that Skoda gave Gagan a new car, so we can say that Indian dealers are not as bad as it seemed to.

Volkswagen has the same issue with DSG7 in Russia. We have a lot of Volswagen Passat here because Volkswagen has built a factory in Russian city - Kaluga. And they produce lot's of Passats there - all with DSG7. I owned Passat B6 2.0FSI AT and it was great until I saw a Superb. There is only one thing on Superb is worse than on Passat - transmission. 6-gear AT at Passat was great, I dream on having such a automatic transmission on Superb.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:43   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfand View Post
In Russia we say: it's good when it has a good ending. I'm glad that Skoda gave Gagan a new car, so we can say that Indian dealers are not as bad as it seemed to.
Ha ha, Mr. Gagan will only know the pain. I dont know how many sleppless night he might have spend. Skoda in India is like a Black listed Car Company.

Any How Congrat Gagan
Old 14th October 2009, 13:22   #274
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
well I feel the skoda dealers are one of the main area of propblem. In my case the Arshia motors acted responsibly. The owner of the dealership contacted me immediately in middle of night when the breakdown happened. His team was there in middle of the night. well skoda should look into the kind of dealers they appoint. It can make all the difference.

well my car was exchanged for a same petrol superb but I opted for a different colour silver this time. Earlier car was cappichino beige colour. well if you guys have an idea as to how to check the maufacturing date please let know
Congratulations! This news is huge, I don't know why I missed it. Gagan, you must be on top of the world. Pat on the back to Skoda for treating a premium customer like he ought to be treated. If this is a sign of good times, or atleast a start, Skoda MUST continue to work hard on improving customer satisfaction. Long way to go, but definitely a step in the right direction. Well done & resolved.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:41   #275
BHPian

True, we ought to acknowledge Skoda when its due. Good.

We have seen a fair share of replacements done by Skoda in the recent times (I remember atleast a couple of Fabias on this forum and now this Superb). Which indicates they are taking care of ALL and not just customers of their flagship product.
Also, this indicates that they are atleast taking responsibility for 'their products' very well.

Edit: Dealership' responsibility is a different and a difficult ballgame. Hoping to here some good news here too.

Last edited by jigbarai : 14th October 2009 at 13:59. Reason: Pressed enter by mistake and post got submitted.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:08   #276
Senior - BHPian

You taken words from my mouth jigbarai.

This is a positive sign in replacing the vehicle.

How about the Harish problem? When is Skoda going to resolve it?. May be after the 2010 AutoExpo?

SKODA are you listening?

Last edited by Ramsagar : 15th October 2009 at 17:10.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:10   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

How about the Harish problem? When is Skoda going to resolve it?. May be after the 2010 AutoExpo?

SKODA are you listening?
Not listening buddy. Another thread has surfaced with a new superb breakdown and similar Skoda response.
Old 16th October 2009, 10:16   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Not listening buddy. Another thread has surfaced with a new superb breakdown and similar Skoda response.
Ohh S#!%%,
The Skoda returns
God save our souls
Old 16th October 2009, 15:59   #279
BHPian

Thanks fellow Bhpians as it because of yur support I am enjoying my new car today. Well it has done 1200kms and is working great. I as of now see a graet improvement in the aircondtioning or maybe it is because of the low ambient temperature.
The car is a pleasure to drive
Old 16th October 2009, 16:20   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks fellow Bhpians as it because of yur support I am enjoying my new car today. Well it has done 1200kms and is working great. I as of now see a graet improvement in the aircondtioning or maybe it is because of the low ambient temperature.
The car is a pleasure to drive
Glad to learn, it takes a lot to win back a customer.

I just posted this in another thread, would be helpful to you:
"Quick suggestion on the AC- I find the cooling best in the manual mode-dual off-outside vents closed(this improves cooling greatly)-blower on fwd vents only not legs.
Even with outside temp at 32C+ I'm comfortable with the above settings and car temp at 23-24C. In the evenings I often put it down to 25-26C"
Old 16th October 2009, 16:23   #281
Team-BHP Support

And this saves energy/fuel and will help acheive better FE. Have noticed the same in other cars, best is to use auto mode for cooling the cabin uniform initially and then move to manual mode with dash vents.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:25   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
And this saves energy/fuel and will help acheive better FE. Have noticed the same in other cars, best is to use auto mode for cooling the cabin uniform initially and then move to manual mode with dash vents.
Auto mode has a brain of it's own, be it Skoda or BMW. Its best just to set the temp to the lowest 18c when you sit in on a boiling day and gradually move higher once cabin is chilled.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:41   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Glad to learn, it takes a lot to win back a customer.

I just posted this in another thread, would be helpful to you:
"Quick suggestion on the AC- I find the cooling best in the manual mode-dual off-outside vents closed(this improves cooling greatly)-blower on fwd vents only not legs.
Even with outside temp at 32C+ I'm comfortable with the above settings and car temp at 23-24C. In the evenings I often put it down to 25-26C"
OT but this is strange that I have also settled to similar solution except that still I keep the mode to auto mostly but outermost front vents closed. It helps rear passenger immensely (making the B pillar vents effective ).
Old 8th December 2009, 22:05   #284
BHPian

just thought that I should inform fellow bhpians that as of now my car has done almost 5000 kms and is doing very well. it is a pleasure to drive the car
Old 8th December 2009, 22:55   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just thought that I should inform fellow bhpians that as of now my car has done almost 5000 kms and is doing very well. it is a pleasure to drive the car
Happy to hear this. How about an ownership report with pics and all? This thread has served its purpose.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks