Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:47   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Look at the logo on the wheel in the second pic. its front facing from every angle?
Relax, there is no need for it to be photo shopped. After all it's not a major scoop or something.
The cars shown are a Rio and something called the Premier Roadmaster/Sigma,basically chinese like the Rio.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:17   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Look at the logo on the wheel in the second pic. its front facing from every angle?
Yes. There is something wrong in the second pic. It's clearly seen in the tyres. Doesn't look normal. But let me tell you onething. This is defenitely shot in India as we can spot another Rio and a mini load carrier there.

Whatever it is, I couldn't find any posts from a Rio owner yet. All these posts and reviews are misleading so far and the fact is that all are just test ride/some website reviews. Is it possible to get a good review from a small test ride? I don't think so. But, onething is for sure. If premier does not provide a good service backup, Rio will be a complete flop. I could not find a single Rio in pondicherry yet. But once visited the showroom here, where the owner has a vehicle and no other display vehicles on that day. I really liked the vehicle but it was not available for a ride. Looking forward to feel it in the coming days. No doubt, It's really an affordable vehicle in this price range. Let us hope the proposed multijet engine would satisfy the needs of an SUV. I could not completely agree to people who complain about the safety concerns of this vehicle. We have trusted maruti 800/omni all for so many years and still. Just because of its price and easiness we all are still using it. Premier can be 100% succcess with a better engine and good service/ after sales spare parts availabilty. Marketing side of premier is too weak compared to all other companies.

Let us wait for the upgraded Rio which is supposed to be launched by mid 2012.
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:37   #393
Senior - BHPian

Finally Rio Advert has started showing up on various Channels.

Old 2nd May 2012, 23:44   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Finally Rio Advert has started showing up on various Channels.
that advertisement looks like a homemade adv. because of no budget at all. but much better advertisement compared to Force one tv adv.

Last edited by bblost : 11th July 2012 at 11:46. Reason: removed embedded video.
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:57   #395
BANNED

I hear that the Rio is being powered by the 1.3 MJD soon. Is this happening soon? What is it going to be priced at?
I think it is a great design (for form and function) for small families in the cities.
If this car becomes popular (unlikely given its present brand value, lack of outlets, quality cant be great simply because of the low volume, image problem etc etc), then the bigger manufacturers wil make a beeline to copy or source this design from existing cars.
If this design had been bought over and produced by a GM or a Nissan (and priced competitively), it could have become a cult vehicle like the pick ups in Thailand !( am referring to the trucks of course).
It is sad that we have to write its obituary so early but what chance does the poor little car have in this brutal contest.
I wish it did though and I would like to buy one for a 15 year ownership term.
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:06   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
that advertisement looks like a homemade adv. because of no budget at all. but much better advertisement compared to Force one tv adv.
+1, I agree. Its a sorry situation; firstly PAL couldn't invest in engineering/R&D for decent car that they had to bring in an unknown Chinese copy here. Now, they plan to air an AD which looks more than a decade old (if not more) and totally out of place. Can't help wondering how they will get out of this mess.
Old 30th May 2012, 12:22   #397
BHPian

Today while coming to office saw a brand new Rio passing by from the other side. It was white colored, face lifted, unregistered Rio. (Not sure if it was Petrol or Diesel)

Was stuck in the usual Hijawadi traffic when this car passes from the opposite side and for the few seconds that I saw it for could sense great improvement from the outside as compared to the previous generation. Color quality was quite good. Seemed like the top end model as it had fog laps, body colored bumpers, alloy wheels, body colored stepney cover.

Though, would have like to see it in more detail (the interiors and the drive experience). But for now, it had good road presence was looking well put together.
Old 10th July 2012, 22:50   #398
BHPian

Rio test drive

Dear all,
This evening I just casually paid a visit into the Premier Manufacturing unit in Chinchwad. It was totally unplanned. Every day I see the big banner "The Rio is here", pointing into the factory gate. So today I stopped at the gate and asked the security if I can see the display vehicle.
HE directed me to the first building into the premises. I was expecting it to be some sort of office, but man!! it was their show room & sales office. They had a Rio petrol, Rio CRDI (1.5 TUD Turbo) & a Rio Diesel (1.3 Multijet). One of their personals promptly started explaining the features and gave a comparison of the features. Then came an old guy, almost approaching his superannuation day. As soon as I mentioned about my NE, he got nostalgic and he rewinded into the past. He joined Premier about 28 years back. It turned out that he knew BD sir as well.
Now comes the test drive. Though there were 2 new Diesel variants, I preferred to drive the older petrol model that had almost done a lakh Kms on the odo. The feel & comfort was good enough. We made a small drive into the company.
There was an open space where the CKD Zotyes were unloaded. You know what surprised me, They all had the Zotye Logo on the grills, and even the wheel caps & alloy wheels have the "Z" logo. They are replaced with the "P" logo just before delivery of the car to the customer. But the "Z" logo is still seen printed on the window glasses. With the AVL petrol power train and a fully imported cab the petrol vehicle starts at 5.6L in Pune on road. So I was wondering what exactly would it cost Premier for the Cab. Should it be somewhere around a lakh only right? Technically seemed like a value for money package, by wonder why ot doesnt pick up in the market. What is the company missing? What should it do to capture a better market share? Would a CNG version probably replace a few Diesel vehicles in the taxi segment?
-Ilango

Last edited by ilangop : 10th July 2012 at 22:56.
ilangop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 23:53   #399
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rio test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Dear all,
I was expecting it to be some sort of office, but man!! it was their show room & sales office. They had a Rio petrol, Rio CRDI (1.5 TUD Turbo) & a Rio Diesel (1.3 Multijet). -Ilango
Has the 1.3 multijet RiO been launched? Surprised to see such a low key launch then. How is the RiO feel with the multijet? What are the bhp and torque figures?
Old 11th July 2012, 09:31   #400
BHPian

Rio 1.3 Multijet Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Has the 1.3 multijet RiO been launched? Surprised to see such a low key launch then. How is the RiO feel with the multijet? What are the bhp and torque figures?
Hi,
Didnt drive the MUltiject variant, but below are the specs.
73PS at 4000 rom & 183 Nm @ 1800 - 2400 rpm. The troque curve is significantly flat over the usable rpm range, which sounds good.
Low end variant Rio 1.3 DX comes with beige interiors & costs Rs 835324/- on road in Pune
High end Rio LX with beige inetriors costs Rs 867087/-.
4 color options - Paradise white, Sterling Silver, Mystic Black & Cherry red.
ABS with EBD is a default option.
-Ilango
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 11:18   #401
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

A nice idea which seeks to plug a massive lacuna in the marketplace.
Sad it came so late, with such an odd approach of Chinese CKD kits, unknown quality issues, quite a high price and backed by a brand which has lost its sheen. All these things along with a singular lack of dealerships and after sales service points, seem to indicate that it is not setting itself up for success at all - notwithstanding the great 1.3 MJD engine!
Incidentally are there enough engines to go around, given the general queue for these engines from the Swift and Dzire and Ritz and SX4 and Ertiga and Punto and Linea and so on and so forth? I am sure they won't give too much priority to the poor Rio in the face as someone said of such brutal competition.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:42   #402
Senior - BHPian

Little wider and would have looked great. Is there any data on reliability and A S S with the Rio's on road?
Old 11th July 2012, 11:56   #403
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rio 1.3 Multijet Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi,
Didnt drive the MUltiject variant, but below are the specs.
73PS at 4000 rom & 183 Nm @ 1800 - 2400 rpm. The troque curve is significantly flat over the usable rpm range, which sounds good.
Low end variant Rio 1.3 DX comes with beige interiors & costs Rs 835324/- on road in Pune
High end Rio LX with beige inetriors costs Rs 867087/-.
4 color options - Paradise white, Sterling Silver, Mystic Black & Cherry red.
ABS with EBD is a default option.
-Ilango
Our team bhp testing gurus: please note. Can you test drive the MultiJet RiO please? Interesting to know how much improvement is there with the Fiat engine and better interiors.
Old 7th August 2012, 12:49   #404
BHPian

Rio multijet launched it seems ... Premier adds an all-new 1.3 L Multijet variant to its Rio line-up | CarTrade.com

Also found a test drive report ... Premier Rio Multi-Jet reviewed - Change of heart
Old 7th August 2012, 17:08   #405
BHPian

Frankly, with the Bolero around, priced similarly, I don't see the Rio making inroads even in rural India. It's a good move to get the MJD from FIAT but even then there is an aura of 'Chinese' around the vehicle which I don't think many Indians would appreciate.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks