Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 23:46   #121
BHPian

I just bought the SX4 a couple of weeks back.

If the pics are reliable,no major changes other than the engine power of around 4 bhp.

Am sure the new engine would be more fuel efficient
Old 30th September 2009, 23:56   #122
Senior - BHPian

the front looks cool with the narrow grille. they must have the diesel motor because the current petrol gives an awful mileage. hope the VVTi is good for the indian condition. still i think, this car is very impractical compared to the linea or the city.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:14   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
OT:

Do you say that because dealers are offering heavy discounts for this short period to clear stocks?

If yes, I don't think I agree with that view. Unless the discounts are permanent (offered for a long duration, that is), resale value of the cars bought without discount shouldn't be affected. But usually dealers who buy used cars are aware (I think they keep track of offers on each car model at different seasons) of the discounts during the purchase period of a particular car and will negotiate hard for the cars that were bought at that time of discount.
Its not about the discount only, New model with fresh engine always dents the value of the previous generation car, that is the usual phenomenon and SX4 is no exception.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:18   #124
Senior - BHPian

I think they will bring the same engine with VVt as sold in the other countries. What i'd love is a completely different block. The current engine is a dud to say the least.

But if Maruti wants to see some serious numbers with this car, then the only option would be to go for a diesel.

Only honda can get away with an overpriced petrol sedan at this price range.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:01   #125
Senior - BHPian

Despite the engine overhaul, used car prices of the SX4 have been holding up steady atleast in Chennai, is what i gather from a visit to a friend's used car showroom. Prices range from RS5.50 - RS6.20lacs for a 2007 one owner model and less ofcourse, for a multiple owner car, depending on mileage and other factors. I never understand the logic of the huge price differential between a one and second owner car. Another ingenious scam by used car dealers, if you ask me.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:30   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
the front looks cool with the narrow grille. they must have the diesel motor because the current petrol gives an awful mileage. hope the VVTi is good for the indian condition. still i think, this car is very impractical compared to the linea or the city.
Amit, we will be happy to know why you call this car as impractical compared to Linea or city? And what is your 'base' when you say the current petrol gives an awful mileage? Please note, I am really impressed with this car, so curious to know your views on these two points!
Old 1st October 2009, 11:32   #127
Senior - BHPian

I am a satisfied user of the SX4. I have been getting a good mileage which ranges between 11-13 kpl. For a 1200 Kg car with a 1.6 litre engine, 205 mm tyres and high ground clearance of 195 mm, that is pretty decent. I had started a thread on the mileage of the SX4 and most users reported pretty decent mileage.

A City may be more fuel efficient but it has pretty weedy tyres.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:26   #128
Senior - BHPian

Wow, an automatic from Maruti that too on SX4. Cannot wait for the launch now.

Has the date been released ? Its around 2 weeks to Diwali now.
Old 1st October 2009, 15:41   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
HI Guys..

i could get sum pics of the upgrade.... a new bumper and the black out effect on the lower ends of the front and rear bumper... with a slight change in the interiors.. with woody trim...diesel engine looks highly unlikely though :(

These pictures are for the Chinese version ? I see a Sun roof too & the panelling looks chic... If they do make it to our country, i think SX4 will be back in the competition again - even more if it makes it with the 1.6DDiS
Old 1st October 2009, 19:58   #130
BHPian

man i am getting excited about this new SX4.

what i expect.

spruced up interiors. good quality plastics man. not same as swift.

better and more powerful engine. and more torque.

they could give the touchscreen audio as standard with reverse camera.

a little price increase wouldn't hurt, if its not substancial.
Old 3rd October 2009, 21:46   #131
BHPian

I too noticed a new SX4 during my Trip to Tanjore, while i was driving on Trichy to Tanjore road and and i noticed an oncoming vehile flashing his light and it is a projector light and yes it looks like a SX4.

-MUKE
Old 4th October 2009, 02:38   #132
Senior - BHPian

IHMO it will be a diesel engine. hope not the one serving 3 of their cars.
Old 4th October 2009, 16:20   #133
H2O
BHPian

Can we expect, hatchback version of SX4 in India?

It is selling here in UK as a hatchback (looks good), and that model along with Swift are the only two Suzuki, models seen on the road.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:33   #134
Senior - BHPian

MSIL should get serious about launching a Diesel SX4. while they are at it they should also launch a 4 WD variaqnt witha Diesel Motor. The SX4 is designed as a crossover. I believe there is a definately a niche for this kind of a vehicle. I would love to havwe a 4 WD SX4 with a Diesel Motor. It makes a lot of sense for people who like to go off roading in their cars. Being a monocoque, it will be much lighter than traditional Ladder frame vehicles and can do with a smaller engine and return a better mileage as well. It would also be better suited for high speed highway use where the current UV's have a big handicap due to their weight and high CG.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:56   #135
BHPian

Vicky.In has reported the launch of automatic version of SX4 on October 12.

Maruti will launch the new facelifted SX4 and an automatic variant of SX4 on October 12th.The SX4 will come with a refreshed face and a new Bharat IV compliant engine. * SX4 gets a new front grille
* SX4’s new Bharat IV compliant engine comes with advanced VVTi
* SX4 gets an 5-speed automatic transmission
* Power ratings of SX4 revised upwards by 2bhp (approximately)
* Torque ratings are also revised upwards by 2Nm (approximately)
* Mileage / Fuel Efficiency of manual variant of SX4 remains at 15.5kmpl and the automatic variant of SX4 would return 12.5kmpl (ARAI).
* Interiors remains grey (no dual tone) but are now well laid out

SOURCE : Maruti to launch SX4 Automatic on October 12 | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks