Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 16:36   #571
BHPian

Very neat and Beautiful looking car !!! Looks like Old Toyota corolla in some angles.
Old 6th July 2010, 16:37   #572
BHPian

Considering how Polo is priced... the vento will be priced very close to ANHC and above SX4 for sure.
For all of you who are dreaming of diving this car home for around 7 -8 Lakhs. Keep dreaming .

Last edited by raghavanrv : 6th July 2010 at 16:39. Reason: Grammatical mistake
Old 6th July 2010, 16:40   #573
BHPian

Yeah I too believe that if it is positioned in C+ segment then Petrol should be around 10 lakhs OTR and diesel 11lakhs OTR, lets see whatVW does with the pricing. It it manages both by 1 lakh less on road then it will be a killer
Old 6th July 2010, 16:45   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavanrv View Post
Tthe vento will be priced very close to ANHC and above SX4 for sure.
+1 to that. I think the base petrol mdoel will be priced around 9L+ OTR and the diesel will be around 10L + OTR.
Old 6th July 2010, 16:45   #575
BHPian

250nm torque for the Diesel is impressive. It is the same torque as the Jetta which has a 2.0L engine.
Old 6th July 2010, 16:52   #576
BHPian

Auto tranny?

About the 6-speed auto transmission that is an option on the Vento petrol... Does anybody know whether this a DSG or a conventional auto? A DSG would be awesome!

[Dreaming: what if VW brings the same DSG option to the 1.6L Polo hatch... ]
Old 6th July 2010, 17:11   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento looks really nice and well proportionate. Lot of manafacturers can take a lesson from VW to make a sedan out of a hatch.

I think its one of cleanest designs in a sedan after Accent was introduced. No dramatic contours, just simple clean and elegant design.

Also, doesnt it look like a Corolla from the side angle?
Old 6th July 2010, 17:13   #578
BHPian

Photos updated..

Courtesy: carwale

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-thenewvento.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-thenewventointeriors.jpg
Old 6th July 2010, 17:17   #579
Senior - BHPian

wow! So much hype for the Vento! The side profile is quite similar to the ANHC. The Vento has everything that the Polo missed out-- Electric mirrors, ACC, rear Ac vents etc. But it still misses out on steering mounted controls!

Did anyone notice this is the first VW car that has 'VOLKSWAGEN' written behind!!
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-volkswagenvento_30_live.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 17:21   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quick first impression

The Vento is decent looking in the flesh. Doesn't look old or bland.

Front seats are narrow and not as well padded as a Honda City's. They have a lot of travel. If you're sitting in the back and the front seat is pushed forward all the way to the dash, rear legroom is quite a lot - on par if not more than a City.

Fit, finish of the dash and door trims is nice.

Car has a pronounced transmission hump, which will make middle, back-seat passengers uncomfortable. The tunnel sticks out of the floor a 4-5 inches.

Boot is deep, although rear wheel wells intrude on space. Capacity must be in the vicinity of 450 liters.

Single A/C vent for rear passengers, in between the front seats.

Arm rest, that moves up vertical, over hand brake between front seats.

Did I mention front seats are narrow? Sitting in front passenger seat was not a nice feeling. My right knee kept banging against the dash. Dash seemed too large and intruded on passenger space.

Fabric upholstery seemed mediocre in design and quality.

Decent alloys, 185/60 R15 Apollo Accelere tyres.

All in all, I think 8-9 lakhs will be a good price. Definitely a City competitor.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:49   #581
Team-BHP Support

Mileage of 13.3 seems a bit on the lower side! If space is cramped in the front seat as well, then we have an issue.
Then I guess Altis diesel lives .

PS: I have started using Altis diesel as the economy benchmark for D Segment diesel ! Sorry for that!

Last edited by ampere : 6th July 2010 at 18:02.
Old 6th July 2010, 18:18   #582
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at the Vento, the more I like its clean design. The boot is well-integrated and reminds me of the Skoda Superb.

I guess the stated mileage of 13.3kmpl will be for the petrol version. It doesn't seem too bad for a 1.6 petrol.

Last edited by StarrySky : 6th July 2010 at 18:19. Reason: Spelling
Old 6th July 2010, 18:49   #583
BANNED

Was at the VW Vento launch a few hours ago. Posted a review elsewhere, will link when online. Forgot camera at home, sorry, no photos - anycase this is a prototype so production interiors may well be different. Quick observations:-

a) The theme of this car is SIMPLICITY. My take is that they have benchmarked the simplicity bit against the Maruti D'Zire, and the pricing will also be in the D'Zire/SX4 range - whatever it is in a few months bearing in mind inflation and effect of increasing cost of fuel. One thought process is that hatchbacks and 3-box sedans will soon cost the same as people head for smaller cars again.

b) The car is built to cutting costs, lessons probably learnt from Tata, there are bits and pieces which are dead giveaways. For example, below the car, the hand brake cable flows unshielded. No doubt a pretty car, but something in it reminds me of . . . the Logan.

c) The Germans are terrible at trying to mix with us Indians at press conferences. I don't blame them - most media makes a dash for the presents (digital frame today) after the presser. But even then, getting them to say something is like pulling teeth.

d) Only 47 dealerships all over India - and that number, too, may need to be re-confirmed. How can people try to do a National launch with such few dealers? Better to go restricted state by state.

And finally:- VW is amongst those who said a brusque NO to Maruti 3 decades ago, and today Suzuki is what it is. Then again they batted for China. Then again they had the whole corruption scandal in AP. It is very difficult, therefore, to believe anything they say. Das Auto, german technology - phir bhee dil hai - - - Chinese?
Old 6th July 2010, 18:52   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
The more I look at the Vento, the more I like its clean design. The boot is well-integrated and reminds me of the Skoda Superb.

I guess the stated mileage of 13.3kmpl will be for the petrol version. It doesn't seem too bad for a 1.6 petrol.
That was my thought as well. Diesel should be definitely 18-20 KMPL range.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:24   #585
Senior - BHPian

from the economic times, where vento stands against others

source: economic times newspaper
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-screenhunter_01-jul.-06.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks