Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 21:35   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
As already mentioned earlier, the only new 'feature' on the 2010 model is the catalytic converter - that makes it BS4 compliant. All other features were introduced in December 2009.
Are you saying that all 2010 variants will come with BS4 compliant catalytic converter? Is that something that can be replaced later?
Old 21st January 2010, 17:21   #167
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to be off topic. Anyone got the Scorpio coffee table book? Dealer has no clue about this against the announcement stated that it would be available through the dealerships.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:49   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
finally i met someone who thinks all the electronics in the mHawk is not useless! i agree with you on everything, i have not found any gizmo in my mHawk to be useless except that the auto headlights is rarely used by me.

i am more surprised because many comments are from members who have never used this feature in the scorpio. still they know its useless!
To me none of them went useless. All are useful features.

One thing I miss in the steering Audio control is a Reverse seek feature to go back and listen. :-)

I have a question:

Is the Blue headlamps comes with the 2010 scorpio a HID one? Or JUST BLUE in color?
Old 21st January 2010, 21:15   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post

I have a question:

Is the Blue headlamps comes with the 2010 scorpio a HID one? Or JUST BLUE in color?
It's just blue - if you look really hard
I miss the go back button on the steering remote too.

Ananth, I'm not sure if the cat can be added later - need to check with the dealer. But he did confirm that 2010 models would have a different cat and would be 10K dearer.

Last edited by triedeverything : 21st January 2010 at 21:18.
Old 21st January 2010, 22:57   #170
BHPian

Actually fat rubber is useful to certain extent. I have a 255-70/15 on mine and i did have the same size different company rubber on my scorpio slx previously aswell.

Aldo having driven them with the stock wheels, " I " feel a lot of difference in the way it behaves, Like better handling and braking. I did also feel that the jumpiness of the vehicle has reduced. i heard it from the service guys too.

Please comment if somebody has got this kind of rubber on their scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
You should to slow down at curves no point in trying this stunt.

Fat rubber may give you better braking but will not take away wobbliness. In fact it can be more dangerous with false sense of security. A High CG vehicle with more grip is more dangerous on curves, Imagine how a cube would behave if you apply lateral force on middle holding the lower edge on one side with your fingers.

Handling is one thing where M&M need to improve.It was the biggest negative point of mHwack when I was in market and single reason why I did not select it despite everything being good.
Raj,
Do you have any idea about that chip and where i can get it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i lost my steering controls when i changed the HU of my scorpio VLX but i dont regret it. anyways, i have heard there is a small chip or something (costing Rs. 7000) you can fit to regain the steering controls.
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:41   #171
BHPian

More information on the 'chip' can be found in Ranga's thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1592165-post9.html
Old 22nd January 2010, 08:48   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
It's just blue - if you look really hard
I miss the go back button on the steering remote too.

Ananth, I'm not sure if the cat can be added later - need to check with the dealer. But he did confirm that 2010 models would have a different cat and would be 10K dearer.
The website shows the increased price but still lists the vehicle as BS3
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:52   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you have any idea about that chip and where i can get it ?
Car Audio Accessories Interfaces Steering Wheel Control Interface

Scosche Industries

Regarding the Steering wheel interface('chip'), please find the links above. I purchased mine from US to fit the same for JVC 814. It costs around 4k now in India.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:12   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
Actually fat rubber is useful to certain extent. I have a 255-70/15 on mine and i did have the same size different company rubber on my scorpio slx previously aswell.
Yes Capt.Chadru no doubt increase in contact surface and width of tyre will increase the friction and grip but should it give a sense of security to do 120+ on curves ? That is the usecase which Ranga discussed.

I am not talking of braking distance in straight line that would improve.
It is about simple physics
IMHO in a high CG vehcile at high speed fatter rubber is even more dangerous , Slipping / skidding may be converted to toppling .

Take example of a Cuboid with grip on lower edge and then apply some lateral force it will topple where as with out grip it will skid.

Perhaps best way to improve stability would be to decrease percentage weight of body as compared to chassis , May be aluminum doors and roof or even thinner steel sheet in bonnet , doors and roof would help but here people are more worried about dents then stability on high speed and often Japanese vehicles are derided as tin box.

Even lowering the height is one option but then one should buy a low slung sedan and happily do 100+ on curves.
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:37   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I feel that just adding some negative offset wheels and increasing the track of the scorpio will improve handling. Right now it is shaped like a shoe box with wheels tucked into the body. This design obviously will cause a lot of body roll. If you look at many of the really successfull SUVs like Landcruiser/defender etc, there is a slight projection inwards for the top half of the body. The tyres are usually offset outside the body with wide fenders/wheel arches.
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:03   #176
BHPian

@amitk26 : Precisely, i am trying to say the same thing that 4x4 addict says. I really cant think about theoretical physics here but i think practically fatter rubber has lesser body roll than the smaller which ultimately leads the skidding / skating in to a topple.

In-fact with the same cuboid in, saying a cuboid with lesser grip attached was moving at a speed of 20kmph and there was a wind of 40 knots 90 degree from the direction of movement and another cuboid with fatter grip with same speed and the same wind from same direction, the cuboid with lesser grip would skid first and later topple if the lateral force increased, but the cuboid with fatter grip would start skidding at a higher speed than the speed which made the lesser grip one skid and then topple at a much higher speed.

Which makes the directional stability of the cuboid / vehicle in our case much better with fatter tires sticking to the roads.

* Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 23rd January 2010, 05:38   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I feel that just adding some negative offset wheels and increasing the track of the scorpio will improve handling. Right now it is shaped like a shoe box with wheels tucked into the body..
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
@amitk26 : Precisely, i am trying to say the same thing that 4x4 addict says. I really cant think about theoretical physics here but i think practically fatter rubber has lesser body roll than the smaller which ultimately leads the skidding / skating in to a topple.
You guys should read Dhabhar's post on this topic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...tml#post957786
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:26   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
You guys should read Dhabhar's post on this topic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...tml#post957786
That was a nice article. but it is not like as he said that it was impossible to change from a 16'' to 15''. Because i have done it on mine 255/70-R15 . I absolutely have no regrets on it. In-fact, i love it. The comfort, ride, braking and the handling has been much better than the 235/70-R16 . The steering, yes, its harder by about 5 %.
I am talking about it comparatively.

It is definitely not because of any ego, i am trying to tell this because i have owned 2 Scorpios before i owned this. And this is my third one. I did have the same kind of wheels on the previous one. If i did not like it, i would not have changed this to a 15''. Rite ?
Old 20th October 2012, 15:35   #179
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

I need help in setting the speed alert on Mahindra Scorpio. This is because, I'm using my company's Scorpio and it recently started to give a beep sound as soon as the speed reaches 60kmph without giving any visible indication in the dash board. Initially, I was puzzled but later I started assuming that this is because of the speed alert. I do not know how it got set. Hence, this question. Thanks in advance..
Old 21st October 2012, 09:00   #180
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Sorry for reviving an old thread.

I need help in setting the speed alert on Mahindra Scorpio. This is because, I'm using my company's Scorpio and it recently started to give a beep sound as soon as the speed reaches 60kmph without giving any visible indication in the dash board. Initially, I was puzzled but later I started assuming that this is because of the speed alert. I do not know how it got set. Hence, this question. Thanks in advance..
Here is what you do Chandra.

Put the key into the ignition and turn the key but do not turn the engine on. Use the right side trip button to toggle. Only when the engine is not on, this will take you through Odo -> Trip A -> Trip B -> Tyre Pressure -> Speed. Please note that Speed will not show up if the engine is on.

Use the left trip reset button. The speed setting will show up in the speedometer. The speedometer needle will move to the speed at which the speed alarm is set. You can then hit the left button progressively to change the speed at which the alarm is set.

Hope this helps.
ananth_iy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks