Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 15:43   #256
BHPian

@CARDEEP

Can the exisiting Lineas be upgraded to benefit for thim tuning excercise?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:00   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
@CARDEEP

Can the exisiting Lineas be upgraded to benefit for thim tuning excercise?
Well I'm not an Fiat insider (like few of our forum members), but an enthusiast like you. Can confirm, from all the details that are floating on the web, that the FIAT 1248CC diesel with increased power (95PS internationally, detuned to ~94PS in India, due to fuel quality) be put to use in Fiat cars that used the erstwhile 86PS engine. However, doe not think that Fiat upgrade specs of older cars to the better power delivery.

Can I suggest you to wait for your warranty period to get over & then go for modifications/tuning to suit you purpose. Otherwise I know that the performance of the Linea is more than adequate for daily use.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:01   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviH View Post
Today I heard and felt something falling near my right foot while driving and guess what - bonnet release plastic handle has fallen off. Waiting to get it fixed when I visit the dealer.

Found another problem today. One of the head rests on the rear seat is missing. I did not notice it when took delivery of the car 2 days back. Hopefully, dealer will provide it when I bring it to his notice tomorrow. Thinking what should be my defence if he says his responsibility is over as soon as I took delivery!
When will Fiat ever learn. I test drove the Figo and everything seemed to be so well put together. Did a back to back test of a Punto and the new demo car had beading coming off, seat adjust lever broken.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:21   #259
Senior - BHPian

@Cardeep,

It is interesting, because 95ps is for Multijet 2 engine. Does this mean that Multijet 2 will get into Linea? If yes, that is a welcome change. This engine has got some rave reviews.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:22   #260
mkh
Senior - BHPian

The only improvement/upgrade they need is who is handling the product sales and service, which means the sales head and the service heads. Also maybe instead of TATA they should replace with a tie up with Maruti. Can you wonder what would that mean for the products!!!
Old 29th March 2010, 17:59   #261
BHPian

Fiat to launch small car in range of Rs 3-3.5 lakh in India by next year-end- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

In this article rajeev kapoor is claiming of a lot of changes in linea, a altogether new linea which is to be launched in June. Guys any inside on all new linea.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:21   #262
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Could those figures be for the possibly remapped BSIV version?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:51   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
@Cardeep,

It is interesting, because 95ps is for Multijet 2 engine. Does this mean that Multijet 2 will get into Linea? If yes, that is a welcome change. This engine has got some rave reviews.
Hi Deepak

Yes, firmly I believe this is the one. This is the reason behind the company (Fiat or as a matter of fact any company) working & spending on development of new engines to be put in their flagship cars worldwide.

Fiat's 1248 CC engines are amongst the best in world (in similar capacity & in this price range). This one is just reaffirming "I'm the best".
Old 29th March 2010, 18:53   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Could those figures be for the possibly remapped BSIV version?
AFAIK, the Multijet 1.3 VGT in the Current Linea is already BS-IV complaint engine.

Also, if it was not a BS-IV compliant Engine then to make it compliant they would have De-tuned it from the current configuration, What say?
Old 29th March 2010, 21:52   #265
BHPian

I agree with sharma_sanjeevi and CARDEEP, this must be the Multijet 2. I'm surprised that Fiat hasn't started advertised this engine upgrade though. Anyways, if this engine is in the Linea already, then it will certainly be in the Punto sport when Fiat releases it. Absolutely awesome news!

Although I read on Wikipedia that Fiat also has a 105bhp 1.3L multijet that is used in the Lancia Ypsilon. That one would really take the fight to the VW Polo 1.6. The same power, and more torque, from a smaller and lighter engine!

Last edited by johnjacob : 29th March 2010 at 22:11.
Old 30th March 2010, 07:54   #266
BANNED

I found this from Fiat Uk Forum:
Quote from the text:-
Multijet 2 now represents the next leap forward in refinement of the fuel delivery process. It consists of a brand-new system of injection pump and solenoid injectors, which will be supplemented in time with a further twin-piston pump development. The main improvement over existing Multijet injectors is in the system’s further improvement in the ability to finely control the fuel flow, to the notable benefit of emissions and low-mid-range torque.
Old 30th March 2010, 08:03   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I found this from Fiat Uk Forum:
Quote from the text:-
Multijet 2 now represents the next leap forward in refinement of the fuel delivery process. It consists of a brand-new system of injection pump and solenoid injectors, which will be supplemented in time with a further twin-piston pump development. The main improvement over existing Multijet injectors is in the system’s further improvement in the ability to finely control the fuel flow, to the notable benefit of emissions and low-mid-range torque.
Thanks for sharing this with us, it certainly sounds good .
Old 30th March 2010, 12:04   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe earlier tier 2 cities were using Euro 2 fuel and since those are upgraded to Euro 3 now and Euro 4 for the 11 cities, I believe the ECU tweaking has been done to give 93.7PS for the 1.3 MJD VGT. But what about the FIRE Engine?
Old 30th March 2010, 12:49   #269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I believe earlier tier 2 cities were using Euro 2 fuel and since those are upgraded to Euro 3 now and Euro 4 for the 11 cities, I believe the ECU tweaking has been done to give 93.7PS for the 1.3 MJD VGT. But what about the FIRE Engine?
Looks quite true. As per interview given to ET by CEO Fiat, they will introduce 1.4 Turbo in June this year and there in no upgrade in current 1.4 fire engine.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:56   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Fiat to launch small car in range of Rs 3-3.5 lakh in India by next year-end- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

In this article rajeev kapoor is claiming of a lot of changes in linea, a altogether new linea which is to be launched in June. Guys any inside on all new linea.

If they really do launch the 1.4TJet, I will be the first to head in to the showroom. I am currently waiting for the Polo 1.6 but Fiat may just change my mind.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks