Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 09:30   #181
BHPian

Now ppl, any news on the improvement part as we someone said in the start of the thread?
Old 8th January 2010, 10:00   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
+1, I agree Fiat is confused on what it needs to do. I dont think they can compete on VFM. Maruti, Tata and Hyundai are better adept at it.
Well, why should VFM be just limited to Maruti, Tata and Hyundai? As a matter of fact i do have a question if the Hyundai's can be called VFM in the first place.

If you look at the Beat launch form GM, we know equations are changing already. lets see how the market is impacted.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:23   #183
BHPian

When ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Now ppl, any news on the improvement part as we someone said in the start of the thread?
+1 to that !!

Any update on when the new version will be out ?? I booked a "Hip Hop Black" with all the year end benefits only to bailout after I saw this thread !!

Any manfacturing date or VIN telltales that one should look out for ??
Old 8th January 2010, 10:25   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
I was talking to Fiat officials at Auto Expo regarding improvement and was told that its continuous process for us and we keep working on that as soon as we get feedback from our customers, he also told me that nothing is falling now in new cars and we have changed all the faulty part of our previous customers for free of cost.

Last edited by jacksons : 8th January 2010 at 10:38.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:41   #185
BHPian

so probably 2010 make will be with all these improvements..
Old 10th January 2010, 22:18   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
BTW, Guys, do you know that the GP sold in UK etc. has EPS instead of Hydraulic PS? It was interesting to find this out! It is lighter than the Hydraulic setup, and it can be made more lighter with the 'City' button. Wish these features were also introduced to Indian GP!
I like HPS steering over EPS one. HPS gives better feedback, is more direct, accurate, & feels real.
Old 10th January 2010, 23:42   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I like HPS steering over EPS one. HPS gives better feedback, is more direct, accurate, & feels real.
+1, HPS for me anyday! EPS just takes away the fun of spirited driving
Old 11th January 2010, 10:38   #188
Senior - BHPian

if i am not wrong Maruti gives EPS for cars like wagon-R. This is mainly because its easier to maintain than a HPS. I think even higher end cars like MERC come with HPS to give better feedback while driving!
Old 11th January 2010, 11:43   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Well, why should VFM be just limited to Maruti, Tata and Hyundai? As a matter of fact i do have a question if the Hyundai's can be called VFM in the first place.

If you look at the Beat launch form GM, we know equations are changing already. lets see how the market is impacted.
I think Fiat made a mistake by lauching Punto with only 1 variant of the 1.2 engine. The huge tax advantage that a 1.2 engine offers in India would have meant Punto selling in prices comparable to swift or Ritz or i10 Kappa.
Though initial reveiws about the 1.2 Fire engine were not encouraging, now people are saying 1.2 Fire is the best among the lot for city driving in a Punto.

Fiat, look at Volkswagen. they are planning to launch Polo in the 1.2 version first. The Fire 1.2 is a much more frugal one than the Violkswagen 1.2 and that would have meant better sales of Punto in India.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:39   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
I think Fiat made a mistake by lauching Punto with only 1 variant of the 1.2 engine.
A valid point indeed. Fiat missed this IMHO.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:18   #191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
if i am not wrong Maruti gives EPS for cars like wagon-R.
No, Maruti gives EPS in its 2nd most costliest car SX4 also. Even DZire & Swift also has EPS only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
This is mainly because its easier to maintain than a HPS.
Besides, EPS is cheaper than HPS.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:21   #192
BHPian

HPS/EPS
My Fiesta has HPS and most of my friends have commented that Fiesta steering is very hard compared to other vehicles like Dzire, WagonR even Xeta. Most of them would gladly buy EPS one and would claim it as one big advantage. Honda city is EPS!And it is the best seller!
Old 11th January 2010, 20:37   #193
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
do you know that the GP sold in UK etc. has EPS instead of Hydraulic PS?
Just now, I checked Fiat UK website. GP in UK has electro-hydraulic power steering.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp GP steering.bmp (142.9 KB, 245 views)

Last edited by J.Ravi : 11th January 2010 at 20:43.

Old 12th January 2010, 00:23   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
HPS/EPS
My Fiesta has HPS and most of my friends have commented that Fiesta steering is very hard compared to other vehicles like Dzire, WagonR even Xeta. Most of them would gladly buy EPS one and would claim it as one big advantage. Honda city is EPS!And it is the best seller!
Well the main advantage of EPS is better overall efficiency as it saps less power compared to HPS. HPS definitely gives a better feel but progress is being made to make EPS feel like HPS. And the biggies are already going the EPS way (Toyota for one) as they have the engineering power to pull off something like that. But Maruti, well our Alto Lxi's steering feels like a video game! Literally! Need I say more about Maruti's EPS? And as far as HPS being hard is concerned then that is something that the manufacturers have control on. Ford (I'm sure) can provide a lighter steering but I think would it would take away the feel of sportier dynamics. BMW's are famous/notorious for their hard steering. But can anyone question their driving feel?

Last edited by firstguri : 12th January 2010 at 00:28.
Old 12th January 2010, 11:55   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
HPS/EPS
Dude, thats what is the fun. Not for nothing, it feels great to drive Ford cars - HPS steering alongwith excellent Ride & Handling giving excellent manuevering abilities. HPS may feel slightly harder than EPS but gives you more feedback, is more accurate & feels real. EPS on the other hand feels good while parking the car, but on highways at highspeeds & on bends & even in city driving, it sometimes gives a feeling of vague - may be what firstguri mentioned like video games.
I also felt the same when years back I drove my BIL's NHC. Initially It felt good taking her out of parking as compared to my Ford & I was all blah blah on Honda. But once I drove it a bit longer, I concluded its nowhere near the fun of my Ford's HPS steering. Naah, never.

And as regards to Best sellers/ Market leaders, not everything given by market leaders can be taken as great just on the face value
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Ford (I'm sure) can provide a lighter steering but I think would it would take away the feel of sportier dynamics.
Well said.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 12th January 2010 at 11:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks