Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 11:16   #76
BHPian

I would see this as a perceived quality issue.

Would you not expect higher quality in a 9.5 laks car than a 7 laks car.

When I pay so much premium over the other option, I expect more in return.

However in case of Manza, Tata has improved and exceeded the quality by TATA standard considering all earlier cars (except vista may be)

If u compare both, Manza stand better rating in quality.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:36   #77
BHPian

@motor spirit
In my opinion, Manza is praised for its interiors in comparison to other Tata cars. When it comes to the Punto, it is compared with Jazz/i20. The Linea is also compared to cars which are about 2 lakhs more expensive

I would be very surprised if someone were to say that Manza interiors are better than Linea interiors.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:26   #78
BHPian

Pragmites
In my opinion, Manza is praised for its interiors in comparison to other Tata cars. When it comes to the Punto, it is compared with Jazz/i20. The Linea is also compared to cars which are about 2 lakhs more expensive

I would be very surprised if someone were to say that Manza interiors are better than Linea interiors.[/quote

Pragmites, my thinking was how come there is a a difference in the quality & also the fit & finish of two vehicles .when both the vehicles come out of the same assembly line , which is assembled by the same manpower.
im also sure the manpower who are sourcing parts for both tata & fiat vehicles would be the same

Last edited by motor spirit : 11th December 2009 at 12:27.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thats indeed a great news for all the FIAT fan-boys. Hope to hold your booking for the upgraded model.
Recently I TD Linea MJD vehicle which had clocked 6K on it. The speedo meter needle was not working. Was not shocked as I'm aware of the quality issue of FIAT.

I wish all the changes comes true.
Three cheers to FIAT for its dedication to improve its brand value by keeping customers feedback.

Sid:any news abt the tweaking of diesel variant for a better torque etc.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 11th December 2009 at 12:55.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:17   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Recently I TD Linea MJD vehicle which had clocked 6K on it. The speedo meter needle was not working. Was not shocked as I'm aware of the quality issue of FIAT.
Was the speedo disconnected or was the needle alone not working? If it is the latter, that is a first
Old 11th December 2009, 14:14   #81
BHPian

great info from Sid, Will be delighted to see more glossy Punto on road.
Old 12th December 2009, 00:11   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Pragmites, my thinking was how come there is a a difference in the quality & also the fit & finish of two vehicles .when both the vehicles come out of the same assembly line , which is assembled by the same manpower.
im also sure the manpower who are sourcing parts for both tata & fiat vehicles would be the same
Its all about perception. Tata has never been considered an upmarket car company, it makes cars for the aam aadmi or the masses. Manza interiors are way better per tata standards, but ofcourse Tata cars are real VFM if you look at cost. But Manza interiors are not better than a Punto/Linea. Thats the wrong perception here, you can go to any Tata/Fiat showroom and see it for yourself. I would say they are almost same at some cases and Fiat scores above at some places.
So when Linea and Punto gets compared to others like Honda City or Jazz/i20 then they are considered low on plastic quality.
Old 12th December 2009, 03:56   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Pragmites

I would be very surprised if someone were to say that Manza interiors are better than Linea interiors.[/quote

the situation is like exam results,

the guy who's got 5/10 (manza) is a scholar for his frnd who got a 3/10,(other tata cars)

and,

the guy who got 7/10 (linea/GP) is a dumb fellow for his frnd who got 9/10. (i20, etc)

here we see that, the cars coming off the same plant are almost similar in quality, but in comparison to their peers, one outshines the other

Last edited by jalsa777 : 12th December 2009 at 03:57.
Old 12th December 2009, 08:04   #84
BHPian

Linea and Punto might have adequate quality in comparison to competition, but I can say with confidence that the quality of FIAT cars have deteriorated ever since TATA took charge. Recently I had been to a showroom and had a look at the Stile. The quality of parts is nowhere near the quality of the Palio that I used to own a few years back. The panel gaps, the plastics, the fabric, everything suggests that they have compromised on quality to keep the price low. Not a bad strategy by the company that wants to make volumes, but not good for guys like me who once loved FIAT cars, and virtually lived inside them.

ps: Hope I am still within the topic.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:49   #85
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any idea when they are implementing these changes ? would be great for buyers to know from which batch.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

If they at the least "know how to" and "have parts to" replace/repair the parts that break/fall off, these cars would be done wonders for FIAT. No point in all this 'tamasha' of 'all new' or 'improved' until they learn to keep the cars on the roads for more time than in the A.S.S. What is required is an attitude change right from the top to the lowest level executive who sells and car and the technician who services the car. Its not that these cars are that bad. Its just that all (including the A.S.S ) find it easy to put the blame on the FIAT if anything goes wrong and they cant sort it out. FIATs prior innings and the brand image only helps them more.

Last edited by gemithomas : 12th December 2009 at 10:07.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:06   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Pragmites

The assembly line and manpower may be the same. But if the design, specifications, component quality, tolerances are different, you are going to get different results.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:28   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Linea and Punto might have adequate quality in comparison to competition, but I can say with confidence that the quality of FIAT cars have deteriorated ever since TATA took charge. Recently I had been to a showroom and had a look at the Stile. The quality of parts is nowhere near the quality of the Palio that I used to own a few years back. The panel gaps, the plastics, the fabric, everything suggests that they have compromised on quality to keep the price low. Not a bad strategy by the company that wants to make volumes, but not good for guys like me who once loved FIAT cars, and virtually lived inside them.

ps: Hope I am still within the topic.
Linea and Punto are made by Fiat and at Fiats manufacturing plant at Ranjangaon, Maharashtra. Tata has control over Fiats cars apart from its sales and service. And maybe the quality and fit and finish might have not been better than the palio, be assured Tata has got nothing to do with it.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:27   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Super news, great to hear that they are on the top of things. Especially those that require improvement.

I wonder how much Team-BHP played a role in providing them solid feedback
Old 15th December 2009, 11:09   #90
BHPian

I think Fiat is learning the hard as well as the soft way. It needs to learn from its competitors.
No offence to Maruti owners, the 2001- till NV generation Palios were far away of reach in quality by Marutis, Hyundais etc. I dont bring Tata's into comptt coz its pointless to get patriotic in an age of globalization. I dont think Tata fanboys should talk about quality. Its just the sales number where Tata comes into consideration.

Dont forget that Gen-I indica sold in good numbers ONLY due to diesel engine at a low cost. It was not bought by quality conscious customers. Everyone knows what happens to Indica after driving them roughly for more than a year, there is no secret.

Fiat is lately understading the sentiments of Indians who need A.S.S and not the quality, we are ready to see the service stations on a daily basis without cribbing due to numerous 'Sir' we are called as in Maruti/Hyundai/etc service stations.

So Fiat did the same way- reduced the quality and tried to make customer happy by JVing Tata, this JV comes at a cost hence quality reduction. Though things did not work the way it was anticipated by Fiat, but the move was intelligent enough.

We cribb about the quality of Linea interiors, How good is the interior quality of SX4(or any maruti except GV)? or Fiesta(or any ford under 10L)?. If New Palio interior quality is bad then Swift is no less, have u properly checked the insights of i10/i20 platics(or any Hyundai under 10L)?? Its just that the problems goes unnoticed and are not posted here. NHC interior plastics are good, so do I pay a premium just to get few gms of 'good' quality plastics?

It is just that every minute problem in Punto/Palio/Linea problems get noticed and posted here,maybe due to 100% participation of Fiat owners into forums like teambhp. Fiat owners have high quality expectation from their cars, a small sound from rear is also indigestible.

If Linea comes with a good quality plastics(which we cribb about), a better revvy engine(120hp), better FL say 15kmpl (icing on cake) and better educated customers then other players have to run for cover.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks