Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 12:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

good news and hopefully FIAT does look into this matter and let the indian market know about their changes as well.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:32   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Close to 2700 views in 19 hours

Is fiat really a hot topic here on this forum?
If it is, then why isn't it reflected on their sales figures?
Every one knows that FIAT Cars are damn good, but the support and services are inadequate . People are eager to buy FIAT , so they just came to this thread to make sure whether they can buy it safely or not.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Every one knows that FIAT Cars are damn good,
Oh well, sorry mate - that every one in your list does not include me

Sorry for the OT.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Oh well, sorry mate - that every one in your list does not include me

Sorry for the OT.
Hardly surprises me. I saw some of your posts and you seem to come across as a Honda fanboy. But just having a mental block against Fiat is ignorance. They do make some neat cars.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

I'm confused, yet again!!
First the confusion between Punto MJD or FIRE and now confused between whether to wait for some more time for the "Fixed Punto" or simply buy the one which is available right now. I know Punto is a very good car in all aspects except some quality issues which IMO FIAT could have taken care by spending some odd 5K more over the current pricing!

Last week when I went to finally book Punto 1.4 E Pack, I saw broken rear wiper & the silver coating on the had brake vanished in parts!! (on demo car), glowbox not fitting in properly, cheap seat height adjust lever and that seat belt adjusting knob. Somehow I feel TATA ruined this beautiful car just to save some odd 5k!!

Can anyone confirm when they are going to launch this "Fixed" Punto or atleast these "Fixes" can be applied to existing Punto's??
Old 8th December 2009, 16:04   #66
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Hardly surprises me. I saw some of your posts and you seem to come across as a Honda fanboy. But just having a mental block against Fiat is ignorance. They do make some neat cars.
+1.

That aside, it would be interesting to see what would be on offer for the existing customers.
Old 9th December 2009, 00:40   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
My friend, who used to bash Fiat like anything (quoting Palio stuff) now has booked a Red Punto MJD E+. I was shocked when he called me to say this..
So thats the impact of the Punto. I have read somewhere in another thread how a guy sold off his year old Swift just to lay hands on a Punto.

So many views in just 19 hours just shows how much of an impact Fiat has made in Indian car scene. Particularly after Punto's launch everyone discusses it and Linea even more. But it doesn't show up in sales numbers because not everyone would dare to take the plunge as yet, and it rightly has a tag line as 'a Bold New Drive'.
Old 9th December 2009, 00:44   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
So thats the impact of the Punto. I have read somewhere in another thread how a guy sold off his year old Swift just to lay hands on a Punto.

So many views in just 19 hours just shows how much of an impact Fiat has made in Indian car scene. Particularly after Punto's launch everyone discusses it and Linea even more. But it doesn't show up in sales numbers because not everyone would dare to take the plunge as yet, and it rightly has a tag line as 'a Bold New Drive'.
Thats me, Punto is a good car thats all matters to me. I am not not hardcore fan of any manufacturer, i appreciate every manufacturer who offers a good car, I love cars thats it. Here is the thread linky http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html

Pro Fiat or Anti Fiat are not the words to describe me, i am pro Cars, I love my Cars.

Fellow members check this thread to know about the updates, Please lets not drag offtopic, For that purpose please make a ANTI FIAT or PRO FIAT thread.

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th December 2009 at 00:52.
Old 9th December 2009, 01:00   #69
BHPian

Hi Guys

Fiat seems to have heard people voices atlast and making a sensible move, hope it comes with great improvements, any idea when the new model will hit the roads?
Old 9th December 2009, 01:04   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thats me, Punto is a good car thats all matters to me. I am not not hardcore fan of any manufacturer, i appreciate every manufacturer who offers a good car, I love cars thats it. Here is the thread linky http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html

Pro Fiat or Anti Fiat are not the words to describe me, i am pro Cars, I love my Cars.

Fellow members check this thread to know about the updates, Please lets not drag offtopic, For that purpose please make a ANTI FIAT or PRO FIAT thread.
wow! what a coincidence .Anshuman. There you are replying within 4 minutes of my post.
Old 9th December 2009, 06:04   #71
BHPian

IMO They should have taken in to consideration about the long clutch travel, cramped foot well and may be the rear leg room too
Old 9th December 2009, 08:14   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
IMO They should have taken in to consideration about the long clutch travel, cramped foot well and may be the rear leg room too
In my views the single biggest drawback of Punto is rear leg room. In Europe cars of this segment are owned mostly by single people or by people with small kids, as such the demand for rear leg room is not as much as boot space. But Fiat should have done some market research coz in India the rear seat comfort is one of the most sought after things.
Old 9th December 2009, 08:35   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Close to 2700 views in 19 hours

Is fiat really a hot topic here on this forum?
If it is, then why isn't it reflected on their sales figures?
This is because FIAT is the favorite "underdog" or "antihero"

We Indians, value long term relationships, FIAT was the first multinational set up local JV factory to manufacture the cars (=invest in India)

Second, FIAT designs and manufactures some of the most good looking and excellent high speed performance cars. Speed is the single most killer proposition on its own. My Palio was rock solid on the road at 165 KMPH. The solid build and stability gives lots of confidence to the driver.

Everyone in India wants FIAT to improve their "Post Sales Consumer Experience" When i upgraded to ANHC, this was the only reason, i did not consider FIAT.

There are thousands of people like me, who are interested in knowing how FIAT is improving so that we can again buy their cars.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:03   #74
MCR
BHPian

Good to know about the improvements. Both Linea and Punto are good cars. I am sure that the improvements will go a long way in further establising these products in India.

OMG, every general Fiat thread(not the one's started by the owners) has a set of bashers. I am not sure whether its sheer coincidence or people have had real bad experience with the product. However, nice to know that Fiat is always in discussion.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:04   #75
BHPian

guys , I just had one question poping in my mind .

GP & Linea along with Manza are manufactured at their plant in Ranjangoan.

We see lot of quality issues regarding Fiat vehicles, including some dissatisfaction regarding interiors & certain Parts of the veh.
However in the case of manza , the Interiors are praised & there is satisfaction among people regarding the interiors & the quality .
Now the question is,from the manufacturing point of view ,

a) do they have seperate lines for TATA & fiat vehicles with entirely different QC .
b)Also dont they source parts from common suppliers with the best optimum standards

Inspite of both coming out of the same production line how is it possible that we see parity in products of almost same segments & also catering same target customers

Last edited by motor spirit : 11th December 2009 at 11:07.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks