Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:27   #226
Senior - BHPian

Great Effort Sid. Is there a small misalignment on that lid (on the dash board)? or is it just the camera angle? Good to see things getting better in terms plastic quality.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:49   #227
BHPian

When i worked in Italy in 95 there used to be a fiat model called multipla. always thought it would make a great car for india because it was one of the few with a 3 seater in the first row.
Old 24th January 2010, 11:54   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
When i worked in Italy in 95 there used to be a fiat model called multipla. always thought it would make a great car for india because it was one of the few with a 3 seater in the first row.
IIRC, a few years back Siddharth Vinayak Patankar of the Car & Bike show, covered the FIAT Multipla, at that time, it looked very much promising for the Indian Market.

After that, no information was available for its launch in India.
Old 24th January 2010, 14:46   #229
BHPian

Nice pics Sid. thanks to the scoopman once again. Hope the overall build quality has improved as part of this exercise.
Old 24th January 2010, 16:38   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
May be not entirely OT but its related to Fiat A.S.S.
After I bought my car I visted twice to concorde in the past two months. Once to get mudflaps part of freebies and other recently to allign a dislodged rear bumper after an Alto rear ended my Punto.

Everytime I get two phone calls after I am done, one from local concorde Bangalore and the other from Tata motors Pune asking for feedback on repair/service experience in detail with ratings.
And the guy from Pune started off once in Hindi and 2nd time in Kannada (since I am a Bangalore customer i suppose)

is it just with me or everyone gets these calls?
Yes I get these calls too. I'm asked to rate them on a 10 point scale, 10 being being best. They're questions are always the same.
Old 25th January 2010, 20:15   #231
BHPian

Yup! I've got Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSAT) calls from the showroom i.e. B.U Bhandari and TATA a couple of times. I gave them a 10 throughout!!!

As a customer it's good to see that there is a follow up from the vendor and manufacturer, but I'm not sure what are they going to find out when the collate all the data?
Old 26th January 2010, 21:48   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
They're questions are always the same.
Oops. Sorry for the typo; I meant 'their'.
Old 27th January 2010, 09:30   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Times have changed. Good service is now a necessity and not a luxury!
Nice one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
IIRC, a few years back Siddharth Vinayak Patankar of the Car & Bike show, covered the FIAT Multipla, at that time, it looked very much promising for the Indian Market.
After that, no information was available for its launch in India.
I remember this product, the space it has!

Any idea about 2010 Punto?
Old 27th January 2010, 16:11   #234
BHPian

Checked out the Punto last weekend at Concorde Ambattur.

Punto interiors seem to be fitted better now, not the best but better than the Vista, all in all ok, but the black interiors combined with less than class average space will not help it make it to the top of the sales charts especially with the Vista selling from the same showrooms with the same diesel engine.

Frankly I think Concorde is going down. I spent about 15 minutes sitting in all the cars available on display till someone even bothered to ask me what I wanted. This was on a Sunday, but still...

When someone did come up, I asked for a TD of the Punto, got a car which refused to rev beyond 2 - 2.5 K rpm, told the executive that this car will not impress any buyer, was told that the car hadnt been serviced and was offered a TD of the Vista with the same engine !!

@psathya : The Multipla before the facelift was really original with the foglamp thingy on the base of the A-pillar. I remember Auto India or someone even test driving one in India. Wonder if Tata can do a Winger with the dies, but the width might be a turn off for private car buyers

http://www.metricmind.com/images/fiat_mult.jpg

Last edited by indivic : 27th January 2010 at 16:16.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:16   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Checked out the Punto last weekend at Concorde Ambattur.

Frankly I think Concorde is going down. I spent about 15 minutes sitting in all the cars available on display till someone even bothered to ask me what I wanted. This was on a Sunday, but still...

When someone did come up, I asked for a TD of the Punto, got a car which refused to rev beyond 2 - 2.5 K rpm, told the executive that this car will not impress any buyer, was told that the car hadnt been serviced and was offered a TD of the Vista with the same engine !!
This is pathetic attitude by Concorde. Did you mail this to FIAT?
Old 27th January 2010, 22:04   #236
BHPian

Hello everyone, i have posted my thread of 2010 model Linea dynamic, please have a look at it.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ed-alloys.html
Old 28th January 2010, 11:50   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
This is pathetic attitude by Concorde. Did you mail this to FIAT?
No, I did not think about it. But I filled my feedback in clear terms inside the TD feedback sheet. I dont know if they do something with such feedback or if the paper would be used to wipe backsides.
Old 7th February 2010, 21:50   #238

Punto - 2010 model plastic quality

I took delivery of Punto E Pack 2010 model on 05-Feb from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore. Though dash area fit and finish is good, I found plastic fit and finish around steering column to be very bad. It looks totally unprofessional. It looks like plastic mould had some protruding plastic and it has been cut using a shaving blade My kid's plastic toys costing couple of hundred rupees have far better finish.

Today I heard and felt something falling near my right foot while driving and guess what - bonnet release plastic handle has fallen off. Waiting to get it fixed when I visit the dealer.

Found another problem today. One of the head rests on the rear seat is missing. I did not notice it when took delivery of the car 2 days back. Hopefully, dealer will provide it when I bring it to his notice tomorrow. Thinking what should be my defence if he says his responsibility is over as soon as I took delivery!
Old 8th February 2010, 10:37   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviH View Post
I took delivery of Punto E Pack 2010 model on 05-Feb from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore. Though dash area fit and finish is good, I found plastic fit and finish around steering column to be very bad. It looks totally unprofessional. It looks like plastic mould had some protruding plastic and it has been cut using a shaving blade My kid's plastic toys costing couple of hundred rupees have far better finish.

Today I heard and felt something falling near my right foot while driving and guess what - bonnet release plastic handle has fallen off. Waiting to get it fixed when I visit the dealer.

Found another problem today. One of the head rests on the rear seat is missing. I did not notice it when took delivery of the car 2 days back. Hopefully, dealer will provide it when I bring it to his notice tomorrow. Thinking what should be my defence if he says his responsibility is over as soon as I took delivery!
You should have noticed the missing headrest in the first place. Are you sure this is a 2010 model? Have you cross checked the VIN before taking delivery? We have a check your VIN thread, post your VIN and get it confirmed. BTW which dealer you bought your car from?
Old 8th February 2010, 11:20   #240
BHPian

@RaviH,

As explained beautifully by Wildon in his post here please check whether your VIN ends with 'ANZ' which is the code for Jan 2010 manufactured Fiats.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks