Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:49   #391
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20

The Sedan is already at dealerships!!

Kropex Chevrolet in Bangalore had a white SAIL sedan parked outside already today morning.

Launch should be just around the corner if dealers are getting it already.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:09   #392
BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Chevrolet Sail *Sedan* spied testing. Clear PICS on Page 9, 11, 18 & 20

I just received an email stating that the Sail sedan is to be launched on February 1st.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:44   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Better proportioned and better looking car in my opinion as compared to competition. I assume the direct competition is only among Sail, Dzire, Manza, Etios and Verito/Logan and on initial impression sail indeed looks the best of the lot. Lets wait for T-BHP review to see if the Sail has retained or lost some of the spunk from its Hatch avataar!!!!
A good price with decent feature may kill all of the above model. Tough competition is waiting.

Chevvy India site is saying Coming Soon : 8 days

Last edited by Sowmya : 23rd January 2013 at 15:47. Reason: Added more info
Old 23rd January 2013, 22:56   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Sedan is already at dealerships!!

Kropex Chevrolet in Bangalore had a white SAIL sedan parked outside already today morning.

Launch should be just around the corner if dealers are getting it already.
Chevrolet organized some event at BIC for sail. I saw some pics on BIC's fb page of the same.

Don't know, whether it was a media drive or something, I am pretty sure, Launch is around the corner
Old 24th January 2013, 08:56   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I believe that there is more to the Sail than just outright space. It rides very well on broken road and is a neutral handler too. The 'national-engine' has been calibrated for drivability rather than surges of boost and wads of torque. The transmission and brakes compliment the package well.

Every car has its flaws and the Sail isn't an exception. Average build quality / fit-finish and bland looks are the biggest faults with this car, besides the fact that it isn't particularly loaded with features and equipment.

What makes the Sail a damp squib is that there is nothing 'extraordinary' about it that sets it apart from the herd. But even this would have been okay, had GM priced the U-VA correctly. At the moment, it's priced just below the Swift (variant to variant) and that isn't a great move.

The Sail, as a package, is actually better than the Swift in nearly every way. It's slightly cheaper than the Swift (variant to variant) Both have the same engines but the Sail's is tuned for better drivability and that's a good thing. The Sail has much more space and rides much better as well. Both cars have average build-quality and fit-finish. But the Swift scores in terms of appeal and the Maruti badge.
Look how Toyota sells the Etios models! Wont Sail be better than in? WIth 6.23l for base petrol, and lets say 6.75lac for base diesel? Swift ZDi costs 81.lac OTR here! Pricing can only help GM.

Also, bringing this before budget is a nice idea since they will get few extra customers who will fail bait for the pre budget sales gimmick.

Wondering if Saif is gonna do the ad for this too ( with his new film Race 2 coming out )

Quote:
The 1.2 litre petrol motor that will power the Sail sedan churns out 86 PS@6000RPM and 113 Nm@ 5000 RPM. The engine boasts of an ARAI certified FE figure of 18.2 km/l. The 1.3 litre motor, on the other hand, produces 78 PS@ 4000 RPM and 205Nm@1750 RPM. The diesel engine has an ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 22.1 km/l.
Old 24th January 2013, 15:46   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Look how Toyota sells the Etios models! Wont Sail be better than in? WIth 6.23l for base petrol, and lets say 6.75lac for base diesel? Swift ZDi costs 81.lac OTR here! Pricing can only help GM.

Also, bringing this before budget is a nice idea since they will get few extra customers who will fail bait for the pre budget sales gimmick.

Wondering if Saif is gonna do the ad for this too ( with his new film Race 2 coming out )
The pricing will certainly help. But the T badge on the Etios has a lot going for it. The average buyer will feel better knowing that he has a Toyota in his garage.

Going by how GM has priced the Sail U-VA, I'm not expecting fireworks.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 21:28   #397
Team-BHP Support

I saw a white Sail Sedan parked outside the Chevy showroom in Kondapur, Hyderabad.

I had to rush back home as I had some airport duty so was unable to click some pics.
At first glance it looks quite decent.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:06   #398
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet launches Sail saloon

Chevrolet launches the Sail saloon. Prices start at Rs 4.99 lakh for the base petrol model, going up to Rs 7.51 lakh for the top-spec diesel variant.

Some Highlights

79bhp 1.2-litre petrol engine
1.3-litre Fiat-sourced diesel motor
Available in seven colour options, the Sail saloon will come with a 3 year/1,00,000km warranty and 5 year/50,000km warranty on powertrain.
ABS and EBD come standard on all trim levels.

The prices seem nice. Hope the car is equally good.

Source : http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...il-saloon.aspx

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 1st February 2013 at 13:10.
h@r$h@l is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 13:12   #399
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet launches Sail saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

Chevrolet launches the Sail saloon. Prices start at Rs 4.99 lakh for the base petrol model, going up to Rs 7.51 lakh for the top-spec diesel variant.

The prices seem nice. Hope the car is equally good.

Source : http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...il-saloon.aspx

Regards,
This is wonderful pricing by Chevy for the Sail sedan IMO .

Hopefully, it will find few more buyers than older Sail/ Aveo. They should launch the alternative fuel variants (CNG/ LPG) soon.

The boot space @ 370L is only dampner as far as I believe.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:13   #400
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet launches Sail saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

considering this car is not a sub-4 meter ugly duckling, this seems a fantastic pricing. Is there a model wise feature lineup available yet? Does it have the same features as respective hatch model? Looks to me like GM has finally done something right which should give them handful of volumes.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:18   #401
Senior - BHPian

That is a very good price for the Sail Sedan. Addition of ABS and EBD are standard across all trim levels is a welcome move and hope it forces the competition to take notice and offer ABS as a standard feature across all the cars.

Look forward to the Team BHP report. I have booked a test drive for the sedan as well.

Last edited by speedmiester : 1st February 2013 at 13:37.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:32   #402
Senior - BHPian

ABS across each models and a proper sedan at mouth watering price! I thing Chevrolet has hit bulls eye as far as pricing is concerned. I hope this car sees good numbers.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:37   #403
BHPian

Seems that they have priced it on par with the Dzire. Maybe the Sail is larger, and comes with ABS in all variants, and has a better warranty, but I still fail to be enthused by the prices. Why would someone chose this over a Dzire?

Good luck to GM with its confident pricing. At least they kept the top end prices around 40k lower than Etios "V" variants. And, if Renault could succeed with that high prices for the Duster, maybe GM also would stand a fair chance.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:50   #404
BHPian

Wonderful pricing from Chevy...

ABS / EBD in all variants (but the brochures says otherwise), is an welcome feature. Hope all manufacturers could come up with the same.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:50   #405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Seems that they have priced it on par with the Dzire. Maybe the Sail is larger, and comes with ABS in all variants, and has a better warranty, but I still fail to be enthused by the prices. Why would someone chose this over a Dzire?
I can understand that Maruti has strong brand value but few reasons over the Dzire I can think of:

1. Way more space at the rear. Rear legroom is supposedly on par with Etios.
2. Ride quality on our roads is supposed to be a benchmark.
3. Engine is better tuned than Dzire. lesser turbo lag and a bit more pep.
4. Looks like a proper sedan not chopped.
5. Bigger boot that is not there just for namesake.
5. Decent features.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks