Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 17:29   #61
BHPian

@GTO and others - Very nice threads on the Auto Expo by manufacturer. One can easily move to the manufacturer one is interested in, rather than reading through tons of comments ..
Any news of the new Palio ?
Old 7th January 2010, 17:42   #62
BHPian

HI,

Can someone confirm the prices of the Punto Sport. I still can't believe that it would be launched at 6.5 lakhs onroad as that is the price of the current emotion pack 1.3 and that is what I paid for the new car I bought a week back.

Kailash
Old 7th January 2010, 18:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Are there any takers for a my well maintained linea (one and quarter year old in september) this september???

I am leaning towards t-jet now!!.

as the superstar rajnikanth would say " kamon fiat !! breeng it onnn!! jujupi"
Old 7th January 2010, 18:51   #64
BHPian

Thanks surd_biker for clearing my doubts.
Old 7th January 2010, 18:51   #65
BHPian

Updated info that doesn't seem to have been posted yet: This is the info I got from my tete-a-tete with the Fiat sales manager at the expo.

1. Punto Sports is only expected during or after the summer. The engine is a 90hp diesel. Expected price is 6.8-7L ex showroom, or in other words, roughly 1L more than the current EmoPack. The car will be available in white (with or without the jazzy decals) as well as a bunch of other colors.
2. There are no high powered petrol Puntos in the pipeline for H1 2010.
3. Fiat is planning to launch a parts and customization store, similar to the ones available on the UK web site wherein a customer can add special parts to the car. The metallic pedals/foot rest, sports alloys as well as some other stuff will be available for purchase by existing Punto owners.
4. Market feasibility studies for the Punto CNG are being carried out but the car will only be launched in 2011 at the earliest, assuming it does get the go ahead. The display model was a LHD car in running condition though.

Last edited by khan75 : 7th January 2010 at 18:53.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Good pics there GTO:

Punto Sport is sporting a 205/50 R17 Pirellis. Thats a bit
That's 205/40/17, dude!
I was wondering how FIAT could have oversized the car so bad.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:17   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
3. Fiat is planning to launch a parts and customization store, similar to the ones available on the UK web site wherein a customer can add special parts to the car. The metallic pedals/foot rest, sports alloys as well as some other stuff will be available for purchase by existing Punto owners.
WOW! rooftop and alloys are in my plate now.

how about exchange option for existing owners?
Old 7th January 2010, 19:25   #68
BHPian

Punto 1.3

Fiat .

I am going to cancel all holidays for myself and my better half & all extra expenses and start saving for punto sports . I badly need it now at all costs . I just hope they will sell them through CSD also , that will help me good 70-80 grands
Old 7th January 2010, 19:29   #69
BHPian

Hey Khan, what about dualogic Linea. They going to launch here in India. Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 19:31   #70
BHPian

Hey, nice info Khan75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
1. Punto Sports is only expected during or after the summer. The engine is a 90hp diesel. Expected price is 6.8-7L ex showroom, or in other words, roughly 1L more than the current EmoPack. The car will be available in white (with or without the jazzy decals) as well as a bunch of other colors.
1L more will take it almost over and above i20 levels. I'm not sure that it'll sell much, i20 will not be sweating at this news. Anyway, time will tell.

Quote:
2. There are no high powered petrol Puntos in the pipeline for H1 2010.
No words for this except

Quote:
Would the some other stuff include engines??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
WOW! rooftop and alloys are in my plate now.
It'll still be an aftermarket rooftop, so beware.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:55   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
did you get any pictures of the dual logic lever?
Here You Go-the pic of the gearbox...i asked the fiat person there and he said it would be available by the end of the year or early next year and would be available in both tjet and 1.6..mjd....yes 1.6 mjd..its coming
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-p1060088_resize.jpg  

Old 7th January 2010, 20:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkamit View Post
Here You Go-the pic of the gearbox...i asked the fiat person there and he said it would be available by the end of the year or early next year and would be available in both tjet and 1.6..mjd....yes 1.6 mjd..its coming
I read somewhere dualogic has 2 options automatic(Normal and economy) and manual. Do you have those picks where these options can be select.
Old 7th January 2010, 20:10   #73
BHPian

The color display could have been better.. ts was so dull a shade for 500.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:03   #74
cLJ
BHPian

I have been waiting for this thread and nice work GTO.

It seems they have provided little more space between the pedals on Sports Punto. The colour combination of seat (black with red stripe) is not looking that good. The alloy is very good; I thought they will place the reverse light a little up, which is still a drawback.

The CNG option is good.

I think the Linea will sell like a hot cake, once it comes to the market, but the cost should be little less than City, to overcome the so-called bad A.S.S by Fiat.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:49   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkamit View Post
Can some one else also confirm that the 1.6MJD is coming end of this year. This is great news.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks