Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 09:55   #151
BHPian

Congrats Keyan.
Yes the temp needle stays at 90 degrees once the engine is warm/hot enough. ;-) This is to emphasize its 'Macho' image. :-)
Have fun with your ride.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:23   #152
BHPian

thanks Lukeskywalker and Sidcruise79 for the feedback and wishes.

Kaviprem appreciate your offer and assistance, sorry didnt know your work place was closer to KHT.

thanks
Keyan
Old 24th August 2010, 15:42   #153
BHPian

Congrats Keyan. Happy Motoring.

And yeah, the temp gauge stays at the half way mark in my Safari too.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:55   #154
BHPian

Hi everybody,
I bought my Black Safari LX a month back from Jallandhar, I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the car. My family owns some 7 Tata Safari’s, two Xenons, two Sumo Grande so I am quite familiar with the performance levels of these cars.

My safari has done about 3500 in one month, made two trips to Jallandhar and one to Jaipur, got the first servicing done from Autolinks Vasant Kunj Delhi, I must say I am quite satisfied with their service. The delhi rains have been a spoil sport this year so I haven’t gathered the courage to get the basic accessories including the music system etc. My car is still running on temp registration, even though I have got the permanent number, guess I’ll go this weekend to get the number plates made.

Got the tyres changed the first day when I got back to delhi from universal tyre house, got maxis 295/50/16 tyres with chrome prestige alloys, I must say that I am quite satisfied with the performance. It handles quite well on the highway and is definitely a head turner. I was initially quite apprehensive regarding the average but to my surprise its giving me a 12.5 – 13 on highways and 11.5 in the city. Overall the car is performing well. Will post the pictures aone the rains come to a rest and I get time to clean and polish the car to my sarisfaction.

Cheers

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th August 2010 at 13:08. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also use Preview before submitting the post.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:58   #155
BHPian

Querry: Hood Deflector (Safari)

Querry:
Hi All,

Please help me with this, i have been looking for a hood deflector for my new safari 2010. I stay in delhi and have looked for it at all possible places here like car market palika bhawan (Opp Hyatt), Khan Market, Lajpath Nagar, Karol Bagh, Kashmere Gate Mkt. I even checked it at chandigarh but nobody has it. Can you please help me with some references where i can find it. All the retailers have been telling me that they have ordered it and are waiting for the same, but it has been over 20 days and i havent got any response from anyplace.
Cheers!
Old 6th September 2010, 11:25   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyngh View Post
Querry:
Hi All,

Please help me with this, i have been looking for a hood deflector for my new safari 2010. I stay in delhi and have looked for it at all possible places here like car market palika bhawan (Opp Hyatt), Khan Market, Lajpath Nagar, Karol Bagh, Kashmere Gate Mkt. I even checked it at chandigarh but nobody has it. Can you please help me with some references where i can find it. All the retailers have been telling me that they have ordered it and are waiting for the same, but it has been over 20 days and i havent got any response from anyplace.
Cheers!
noida-opposite sector 3(walk from main road, its hell to drive in)
Jangpura(near the hdfc branch under metro line)
contact toyota guys for fortuner deflector(talk to aftermarket fitter about post-procurement), i think i've seen a retrofit on the quirky mod jobs thread.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:35   #157
BHPian

Guys.. FYI if not posted already.

The New Safari is also available in BS3. This costs less than BS4.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:41   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
noida-opposite sector 3(walk from main road, its hell to drive in)
Jangpura(near the hdfc branch under metro line)
contact toyota guys for fortuner deflector(talk to aftermarket fitter about post-procurement), i think i've seen a retrofit on the quirky mod jobs thread.

Hi Thanks Mayank,

But i guess the toyota hood deflector has Fortuner written on it. I also checked with two tata dealers in delhi since the website (www.safaridicor.com) has a mention of the hood deflector as an accessory available with dealers. BTW just spoke to a dealer in Karol Bagh, he told me to speak to him again on wednesday, he will arrabge for it. He told me that it will cost Rs 2000, i am not very sure if it is the same as carryby because i guess a carryboy would cost Rs 3500.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:43   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyngh View Post
Querry:
Hi All,

Please help me with this, i have been looking for a hood deflector for my new safari 2010.
It is an official accessory for Safari from TML so you can order at the dealer.
Shape of hood deflector is designed keeping vehicle in mind so do not fit hood deflector meant for some other vehicle.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:48   #160
BHPian

Hi, Finally got the hood deflector fitted on my safari after a long hunt in the delhi markets. Chased a new safari 2010 yesterday with a hood deflector on it in south delhi, nice guy he giuded me to a shop in LP nagar. Was lucky to go there and get the last piece. The guys fitted it properly with clamps and no damage to the bonnet. Now my car is complete from the exterior as i wanted it ( All 5 alloys with maxxis tyres, sun control film, side fender mirror), dont think i'll do anything more or else it'll start looking over done. Shall post the pictures soon.
Cheers!
Old 11th September 2010, 20:48   #161
BHPian

its normal, dont worry

Its absolutely normal it should normally be at middle mark or slightly above it, it should never touch red mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
Hello Friends

I took delivery of my Pearl white safari GX 4x2 today at about 1230PM from KHT motors

I have got all the promised freebies. Registration also done.

Something i noticed during the drive from showroom to office, the temp needle stayed in middle mostly. Is that normal cos in my earlier vehicle it stays well below the middle mark

thanks
Keyan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks