Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 09:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
I did not understand point 8 of yours. Can you explain please?

Can you also post the pictures of mods mentioned in points 7 and 11 please? Must be a looker with those 17 inchers. Eager to see.

BH.
@Burningheart: 17 incher is just wishlist but Yes you understood it right I have already done mod 7 and 11 in my Safari ( with 16 inch) ,The pics are already posted in 2.2 VTT Technical thread long back please search them there.

About point 7 :

Most aftermarket alloys are 7J rim where as the default rim size is 6.5J.
If you install a 7 J rim on full right turn the inner side of tyre will rub against the inner side of mud flap , So you need to cut the mudfap from inside and also sheet metal need to be cut by 1/2''.

This mod is not just for aesthetics , Actually this means your tyre can now turn little more and if sterring idler nuts are adjusted the turn radius can be reduced from peak 6 M .In my Safari the turn radius should be 5.6 or 5.7.

The turn radius is now limited by length of breaklines and also the engine guard inside.
So in my experience if they reduce the rubber guard by 1/2 inch and increase the break line proportionately it can go down to 5.4 M approx. ( This I have not tried)

About point 11 :

A lot of people had tail door rattle problem in Safari , This was due to the latch . In sumo grande a dove tail joint style rubber latch was introduced which can be fitted to safari and the parts cost is just 200 Rs.I have provided Pics and part number in in 2.2 VTT Technical thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
@
@shortbread example current pajero(which basically is older than me), 80s lc's ,the good old Land rovers etc
Man why don't you take a back to back test drive of Pajero 4X4 still being sold new in India and Safari 4X4 , Drive yourself first and check the engine response then sit in 2nd or 3ed row and ask driver to take to some broken road of undulating trail your views change.

Everyone is impressed with Dakar Car rally but a car which can perform on broken rurel roads and stop and go traffic is more important in India.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Forget engine response, check comfort @ 20lacs vs comfort at 10lacs !

And price of parts too?

Yes, as was pointed out they should make it a 7J alloy,less slippery and wider side step in board, better trained A.S.S. people.

Is the 2010 Safari on sale now? And do the LX get the new two tone interior?
Old 18th January 2010, 15:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
My Wish list for new Safari and I will upgrade to next Safari instantly if they are fulfilled.

1. A 4X4 with Black cladding ( not painted but the black ABS material similar to unpainted car bumper instead of current grey one of LX)

2. A double din space to fit in GPS / music system , Please make available a trim with 4X4 , black bumpers , ABS, Airbags and no factory fitted music system.

3. ABS in all trims

4 . Black / Grey interiors in 4X4 option beige is a big put off.

5. Reduced rear and front bumper lower lip. The Vehicle is really high don't know why bumper has to be so low ( It is higher then competitors but that is not benchmark)

6. Bigger Wheel arch ( Atleast 1 inch big) and 17 inch wheel.

7. Body steel sheet between front door and Wheel arch reduced by 1/4 inch so that no cutting business for up sizing Tyre. ( Mod already done on my vehicle to fit 7J alloy)

8. Engine guard plastic tucked in a bit ( 1/2 '' atleast ) and longer brake lines the turn radius can be easily reduced to 5.4 meters , in my Safari it is around 5.6 ~ 5.7 rather then 6 meter limited by engine guards and break line length.

9. Increase roof height by 3 inch in rear compartment or lower floor board by 3 inch flatting fuel tank and spreading it in width to maintain 65 Liter volume so that either side seats are more comfortable or 3ed row can be front facing.

10. Mount the spare wheel on rear door lower by 4 inches so blind spot reduces.

4. Release workshop service manual to all.
All the above +

roof ingrained A/cs and ACC
Old 18th January 2010, 15:52   #49
BHPian

Tata's true value for money SUV. In some cases like in rear LCD screens, they would have been larger. Is there any lock for locking the rear spare wheel? One of my friend's spare wheel is taken away. It is much necessary in India to have a safe lock.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 18th January 2010 at 15:54.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys coming back to the camoflaged Safari with face lift I think that one is really near its launch from what I could gather and my chats with internal folks. So it is confirmed that a facelifted Safari is on the cards and very soon question is when and who out here can give us the dope and pics Tushky SAR where are you?
Old 18th January 2010, 17:13   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Ok guys coming back to the camoflaged Safari with face lift I think that one is really near its launch from what I could gather and my chats with internal folks. So it is confirmed that a facelifted Safari is on the cards and very soon question is when and who out here can give us the dope and pics Tushky SAR where are you?
Tushky SAR is in US. so wont be able to spy it. but will try to spy US Bound Tata Nano
Old 18th January 2010, 17:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Is there any lock for locking the rear spare wheel? One of my friend's spare wheel is taken away. It is much necessary in India to have a safe lock.
In my old TCIC Safari one of the bolts had a hole which could be used to put a padlock to protect the spare. Else there would be locking nuts in the accessory shop which may deter the casual thief.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

well amitk26
im sure with the all current owners of the tata safari when ever they take out the vehicle they always have one thing running the back of their mind.
when will it break down/am i too far from the service center to get it fixed etc.
that aint the case with any other automobile company, you have that certain peace of mind.
please refer the endless list of people with safari problems for more regarding this issue.
OT
I feel the new safari will be out by 2nd half of 2010 close to april.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well amitk26
im sure with the all current owners of the tata safari when ever they take out the vehicle they always have one thing running the back of their mind.
when will it break down/am i too far from the service center to get it fixed etc.
On the other hand in my observation this fear is running at the back of mind of mostly non-owners always and not in the mind of actual owners.

Atleast not me , Good thing about Safari engine is that it throws warning quite ahead and on 2.2 VTT technical thread I am still to hear a case where there is compleate breakdown and owner was stranded.

The most maligned 4X4 Safari on this forum is white elephant of TSK which has gone to places peacefully where no so called niggle free vehicles go. Or in other words niggle free vehicles remain niggle-free because they remain confined to city limits + 200 KM radius and sip unadulterated fuel from COCO pumps.

In case you want to know what happens if a so called bullet proof brand goes to Leh , read raid de Laddakh threads.

Last edited by amitk26 : 19th January 2010 at 10:32.
Old 19th January 2010, 11:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well amitk26
that aint the case with any other automobile company, you have that certain peace of mind.
please refer the endless list of people with safari problems for more regarding this issue.
OT
I feel the new safari will be out by 2nd half of 2010 close to april.
What an OT!!..The part that you have listed as OT, is actually relevant to the thread.

Whatever you have written above the part you consider as OT is actually OT!!

@amitk26 +1 to what you say.
Let my facts speak here
I purchased Safari in Dec 08. It has now 38,603 on odo
I purchased Scorpio in Aug 09. Its odo reads 6,291

Both vehicles are owned by the same person & put to same use. There is a reason why Safari runs more.

Last edited by rrsteer : 19th January 2010 at 11:16.
Old 19th January 2010, 11:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
@Burningheart: 17 incher is just wishlist but Yes you understood it right I have already done mod 7 and 11 in my Safari ( with 16 inch) ,The pics are already posted in 2.2 VTT Technical thread long back please search them there.

About point 7 :

Most aftermarket alloys are 7J rim where as the default rim size is 6.5J.
If you install a 7 J rim on full right turn the inner side of tyre will rub against the inner side of mud flap , So you need to cut the mudfap from inside and also sheet metal need to be cut by 1/2''.

This mod is not just for aesthetics , Actually this means your tyre can now turn little more and if sterring idler nuts are adjusted the turn radius can be reduced from peak 6 M .In my Safari the turn radius should be 5.6 or 5.7.

The turn radius is now limited by length of breaklines and also the engine guard inside.
So in my experience if they reduce the rubber guard by 1/2 inch and increase the break line proportionately it can go down to 5.4 M approx. ( This I have not tried)

Well....I could digest that information now. Thanks a ton.

BH.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:06   #57
BHPian

Model : Tata Safari
Year : 2010

It is confirmed that Tata Motors have indeed launched the 2010 Tata Safari and will be in showrooms very soon. The production of the vehicle has already started and will replace in entirety the current Safari.

With a looming launch of an all new Tata Safari later this year or early next year, Tata Motors efforts on this new model has mainly been to accommodate for BSIV norms in effect from April 2010.

This launch is very low key and will bridge the gap between New generation safari built on entirely new platform and current safari.

Apart from the BSIV upgrade, there have been some changes in the vehicle Exteriors and Interioirs too and are as follows:

Exteriors
  • Chrome Treated ORVM skull cap
  • Chrome Treated Front Grille Surround
  • 'Ferrari Silver' coloured Sump Guard
  • Buffed Alloy Wheels
  • Blacked Out 'B' Pillar
  • Ferrari Silver Coloured Spare Wheel Cover

Interiors
  • New Door Trims
  • Perforated Tan Leather on Door Trim
  • New Instrument Cluster
  • Door Release Bezel in Black Colour
  • Deep Grey Plastics on dash
  • 2 Tone Leather wrapped Steering wheel (Deep Grey + Tan)
  • Dark Wood Finish on centre console
  • Ferrari Silver Coloured Gear Shift Bezel
  • Dual Coloured Leather Seats (Dark Grey + Tan)
  • Black Carpets

Updates in VX Variant ~ 10.9 Lac onwards
  • New Dark Graphite & Beige Interior Trims
  • New Dark Graphite & Perforated Tan Leather Upholstery
  • Black Floor carpet
  • New Wood Trim
  • New Instrument Cluster
  • Complete Chrome Grill
  • Chrome ORVMs
  • Body Colour + Ferrari Silver Spare wheel cover
  • Ferrari Silver Sump Guard
  • Black Styling Strips on the B Pillar
  • Available in BS IV

Updates in GX Variant ~10.1 Lac onwards
  • New Dark Graphite & Beige Interior Trims
  • New dark Graphite Leather & Tan fabric combination Upholstery
  • Black Floor carpet
  • New Wood Trim
  • New Instrument Cluster
  • Complete Chrome Grill
  • Chrome ORVMs
  • Body Colour + Ferrari Silver Spare wheel cover (the Two tone exterior scheme as earlier)
  • Black Styling Strips on the B Pillar

Updates in EX Variant ~9.1 Lac onwards
  • New Wood Trim
  • New Instrument Cluster
  • Body Colour + Ferrari Silver Spare wheel cover
  • Existing Beige Interiors

Updates in LX Variant ~7.8 Lacs onwards
  • Chrome Centre line Grill
  • New Instrument Cluster
  • Existing Grey Interiors

*All other features available currently will remain respectively for each variant. These vehicles are available in both BS IV (Applicable 11-12 cities) and BS III norms (Rest of India). Pricing for BS IV vehicles remains unannounced. Minor change in pricing of BS III vehicles also expected since Tata Motors did not hike prices of MUV/SUV along with Passenger Cars.

It may take few weeks for these vehicles to reach your nearest showroom depending on current stock of Safari at company plant. No confirmed launch date has been given. It may actually be a running launch by Tata Motors.

P.S. This is the same vehicle showcased in Delhi Auto Expo 2010.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:47   #58
BHPian

Here are the pics of Tata Safari 2010. This is not the same vehicle as new platform Tata Safari. This vehicle will be available in showrooms across India in coming few days.

Tata Safari 2010-safari-2010-exterior-1.jpg
Tata Safari 2010-safari-2010-exterior-2.jpg
Tata Safari 2010-safari-2010-exterior-3.jpg
Tata Safari 2010-safari-2010-interior.jpg
Tata Safari 2010-safari-2010-instrument-cluster.jpg
Old 24th January 2010, 14:10   #59
BHPian

Thats some nice additions to the Safari. Any news on price increases?, hope not.
Old 25th January 2010, 02:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Thats some nice additions to the Safari. Any news on price increases?, hope not.
Tata have confirmed that there will be no price increase on the face-lift () at present. There may be price increase in future when BSIV norms come into action around March.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks