Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 18:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

now TATA getting inspired from M&M coffee table Scorpio Limited Edition?

"My Chrome is more shiny than yours"
Old 14th January 2010, 19:13   #17
BHPian

Is there any upgrade from the existing Roof mounted AC new model?
Old 14th January 2010, 19:15   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I hope they can integrate the middle row ac into the roof and offer a front facing third row. Besides QC, these are the only two grips I have about the Safari.
Old 14th January 2010, 19:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

I drove and was a passenger in my friend's Nov 2009 Safari DIcor and this is the 1st time i spent more than a few hours in this vehicle. I'm really impressed with the improvements in build quality and engine performance. The only peeve i have are the wheel hub caps sticking out and the design of the alloys. The Safari is beginning to show it's age, though. Overall, a nice car for the money and i'm sure the 2010 model won't disappoint.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2010-new-delhi-auto-expo2-286-large.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 20:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

a 10 year overpriced car with everything that blings.

@ tata: it's old, get rid of it & bring something better like the aria.
Old 14th January 2010, 21:16   #21
BHPian

The black Safari looks nice, atleast in the picture. Concerns about rust is very true. Hope Tata does QC better and provide the car with lesser hassles.
Old 15th January 2010, 00:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, the chrome alloys are a little too bling for my tastes. I like the changes in the interior other than the faux wood finish.
The Safari still looks like a million bucks (and costs too). It's amazing how the design has stood the test of time.
Old 15th January 2010, 00:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

That IAD design looks timeless and can perhaps survive for another decade especially in the Indian context. Perhaps Tata can take a leaf out of the Range Rover design book. The stuble facelift of their 2010 lineup looks superb.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
a 10 year overpriced car with everything that blings.

@ tata: it's old, get rid of it & bring something better like the aria.
Beg your pardon Amit.It's not overpriced. Leave the quality issues aside, who gives you a beast like this for 9.x on road (mean the EX) ?
Old 15th January 2010, 12:52   #25
BHPian

Can anyone has the pictures of the interiors? What type of the Instrument Panel Cluster it has? Same old round shaped speedometer/odometers?

If the dashboard centre console had a real wood finish, it would have been much better.
Old 15th January 2010, 13:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

My Wish list for new Safari and I will upgrade to next Safari instantly if they are fulfilled.

1. A 4X4 with Black cladding ( not painted but the black ABS material similar to unpainted car bumper instead of current grey one of LX)

2. A double din space to fit in GPS / music system , Please make available a trim with 4X4 , black bumpers , ABS, Airbags and no factory fitted music system.

3. ABS in all trims

4 . Black / Grey interiors in 4X4 option beige is a big put off.

5. Reduced rear and front bumper lower lip. The Vehicle is really high don't know why bumper has to be so low ( It is higher then competitors but that is not benchmark)

6. Bigger Wheel arch ( Atleast 1 inch big) and 17 inch wheel.

7. Body steel sheet between front door and Wheel arch reduced by 1/4 inch so that no cutting business for up sizing Tyre. ( Mod already done on my vehicle to fit 7J alloy)

8. Engine guard plastic tucked in a bit ( 1/2 '' atleast ) and longer brake lines the turn radius can be easily reduced to 5.4 meters , in my Safari it is around 5.6 ~ 5.7 rather then 6 meter limited by engine guards and break line length.

9. Increase roof height by 3 inch in rear compartment or lower floor board by 3 inch flatting fuel tank and spreading it in width to maintain 65 Liter volume so that either side seats are more comfortable or 3ed row can be front facing.

10. Mount the spare wheel on rear door lower by 4 inches so blind spot reduces.

11. Dove tail joint of grande for tail gate instead of current one ( Mod already done on my vehicle)

12. Door pockets to have bottle holders ( similar to Aria)

13. Bigger glove box and another secondary storage for documents on front right hand side of drivers . There is too much of wasted space in dash

14. Remove the Ash tray and cig lighter socket from console it can be placed anywhere else in the huge dash. Instead convert the space to double din moving it up and AC controls down.

I am fine with current interior plastics fit and finish etc if above needs are fulfilled.

Additional Configuration for niche users.

1. I am not a offroadie but an option of diff locks and snorkle for offroader crowd will be good.
Those who doubt what a Safari can do in offraoding should look at the Italian enthusiasts pics on this board.

2. Option to have LSD in 4X2 ( User manual mentions it but no way by which customer can order this)

3. PU Body lift kits which they sell in Italian market to be made available here.

4. Release workshop service manual to all.

Last edited by amitk26 : 15th January 2010 at 13:42.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chrome grill, chrome ORVM, chrome alloys.
Whats next Chrome stepney cover?
may be the whole car will be chrome plated next time .
Old 15th January 2010, 15:32   #28
BHPian

ehh..aren't we criticizing the chrome too much? Chrome alloys doesn't really looks that bad to me.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
now TATA getting inspired from M&M coffee table Scorpio Limited Edition?

"My Chrome is more shiny than yours"
Loooooool, Rofl

The Safari looks nice well nicer than it did earlier thanks to the cosmetic stuff. I can only imagine that the Design team have considered the merits/demerits of Chrome while designing this, if not then the problems of rust and such will persist due to QC issues.

, Out of curiosity do all Chrome's face the same rust issue or only lower quality ones?

@amit - I would buy the next one too if your wish list was incorporated.

So since nobody has raised the question can I safely assume that the there is no difference in the price of the 2010 Safari over the 2009 Safari?
If there is then what is the new cost of this vehicle
Old 15th January 2010, 16:55   #30
Team-BHP Support

@indianchiefrsd, my indica is 7.5 years old and the the tata logo at the back has still not rusted. However, the safari logo on the safari rusted within 3 months, the new logo(under warranty) also rusted after 3-4 months. Many other safaries I see have rusted logos. I guess to cut costs, some cuts were made and poor quality product was used in the later batches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks