Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 23:33   #301
R17
BHPian

ACI looks at a possible Q1FY11 launch at an indicative price range of 6.8-7.7 Lakh. Im just praying that Ford goes the i20 route and launches at least 1 variant with 6 airbags and ESP. But looking at the competition (Vento, City et all), it may be likely that Ford too decides to shortchange the Indian customer.

Dont see how it can lose any money if it decides to offer us an option at the price it deems relevant.
Old 9th November 2010, 10:41   #302
e46
BHPian

Check topgear review for the Fiesta

One of the coolest, I have ever seen all these seasons. Jeremy is on a roll..

This baby handles like a knife in butter. Do comment!
Old 9th November 2010, 15:22   #303
BHPian

Does anyone know the engine options finalised for the Fiesta hatch.I will be purchasing a new car in the next couple of months and would definitely like to consider the fiesta hatch if its a 1.6 P, 100bhp with around 6.5-6.7L otr in mumbai.
Old 9th November 2010, 18:12   #304
Senior - BHPian

From the information that we already have 1.6P, 120 bhp is confirmed. It is the diesel specs thats currently a little uncertain. Im keeping my fingers crossed for the 1.6 TDCI to be plonked in this. Anyone has any information on the diesel specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Does anyone know the engine options finalised for the Fiesta hatch.I will be purchasing a new car in the next couple of months and would definitely like to consider the fiesta hatch if its a 1.6 P, 100bhp with around 6.5-6.7L otr in mumbai.
Old 9th November 2010, 21:16   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
From the information that we already have 1.6P, 120 bhp is confirmed. It is the diesel specs thats currently a little uncertain. Im keeping my fingers crossed for the 1.6 TDCI to be plonked in this. Anyone has any information on the diesel specs?

Hi Bala80, is that the spec of the hatch version or the Sedan version. Cos the last time I heard, that there was no Hatch coming for India only the Sedan was expected. Any news on that???

BTW, 120 is great raw power...
Old 9th November 2010, 23:14   #306
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Hatch is coming in first followed by the sedan. This information is available on this forum including a brief drive report/interior pictures in a related thread. Hatch is expected in 1.2 and 1.6 petrol engines, however its the diesel thats not certain yet. Per one of my friends working in ford, they are considering 1.6 90 bhp TDCI, but not sure if this will find a place in hatch. Its kind of confirmed for the sedan though.
Old 9th November 2010, 23:23   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Yes, Hatch is coming in first followed by the sedan. This information is available on this forum including a brief drive report/interior pictures in a related thread. Hatch is expected in 1.2 and 1.6 petrol engines, however its the diesel thats not certain yet. Per one of my friends working in ford, they are considering 1.6 90 bhp TDCI, but not sure if this will find a place in hatch. Its kind of confirmed for the sedan though.
Any info on whether 1.6 hatch would be getting the dual clutch automatic?
Old 9th November 2010, 23:36   #308
Team-BHP Support

Based on the drive review on CNB, the interiors were not all that great ofthe hatch. Regular plastics (which is typical Ford). But engine will be the differentiator as always!

Lets wait and watch.
Old 10th November 2010, 00:06   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
One of the coolest, I have ever seen all these seasons. Jeremy is on a roll..

This baby handles like a knife in butter. Do comment!

Good Lord! All that effort to test a family hatch!! Mr. Clarkson, take a(nother) bow

The Fiesta looks dapper in that colour
Old 10th November 2010, 16:22   #310
Senior - BHPian

I dont think so. Initially ford wanted to go with the same 1.4 68bhp TDCI for hatch, but their internal quality team through a consumer survey recommended a better spec engine to differentiate it from figo since this will be placed in the premium hatch segment. As far as i know, the interiors are going to be common between hatch as well as the sedan and now they are evaluating 1.6 TDCI in the hatch which was originally slated only for the sedan.

This is one good car to watch out for. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Any info on whether 1.6 hatch would be getting the dual clutch automatic?
Old 14th November 2010, 17:24   #311

Pics of new fiesta sedan

Hi,
If mods approve, this should be my first post, please do watermark the pics if required with Team BHP logo.

The following pics were taken on GST Road, Chennai
Most probably it is the new fiesta sedan
My impressions of the car, it looks gorgeous almost like a Linea with nice swooping lines. (better in flesh than in the pics)
Did not get a good look at the interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-fiesta3.jpg  

SCOOP PIC - Euro spec Ford Fiesta spotted testing! EDIT: New pics on pg 15-fiesta2.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th November 2010, 18:45   #312
Senior - BHPian

The waistline looks super raked.The rear might feel a bit claustrophobic.That typical undertyred look of these hatchback sedans still remains.
Old 14th November 2010, 20:05   #313
BHPian

Great pics Arun! Its certainly the new Fiesta sedan. Looks really muscular and spacious...i hope its fun to drive car (as the current Fiesta) and loaded with features.

With the Hyundai RB (Verna) also coming up, its a good competition in this segment!!
Old 14th November 2010, 20:16   #314
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, Arun! The car looks swell from the rear and side, though the sloping roofline at the rear might lead to limited headroom, like in the Linea.

The front grill reminds me of the new Ikon and Figo---I am not a big fan of narrow grills. While narrowing the grill on the current Fiesta improved its look tremendously, it was a disaster in the Ikon, IMO. Even the Figo has that narrow grill that I am not too fond of. It looks good only on the i-10.
Old 14th November 2010, 20:58   #315
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Good work Arun

Good to see Ford moving forward with their new products. Ford makes good cars, excellent engines, but it is only their a/s/s that needs a complete make-over.

I will be in the market next year to buy a new car to replace my Fusion (1.02 K kms till date). The Fiesta Hatch will be the one i will be gunning for.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks