Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 11:28   #376
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Good to see some interest in Jazz after the discounts started to roll in!
@Shivag and @kenneth,

Basically what you are getting is a 55K discount with the Mode Kit and Select Kit. I also got a similar offer but the discount was little higher around 62K ( with select and mode kit included).

The only thing is I exchanged the Mode kit with the Active kit at an additional cost of 14K ( I must mention I am yet to receive any kits till date) coz I felt the mode kit is not that useful and the side linings do not look good at all whereas the Active kit has lot of 'drool' stuff!

Regarding the colors- I feel Jazz looks best in light colors like White (which I chose) or the light blue. The new Red color of the Jazz X is great but not worth spending so much for the color.

Hope you guys can conclude the deal soon and do keep us posted!
Old 21st September 2010, 17:48   #377

Finally Honda looking at cost cutting measures with new sourcing strategy

Just read this news on ET......finally Honda seems to have realised the threat posed by its competitors in India and other developing markets

Honda is now looking to cost cutting by ditching their traditional sourcing strategy and instead going for a new sourcing strategy adopted by its competitors such as Hyundai, in order to reduce price of their excellent products such as Jazz and stay competitive

However effect of this new sourcing strategy will be seen not earlier than 2012. Considering the current no. of product launches in small and compact hatchback segments by Honda's competitors, I feel 2012 will be too late for Honda to reap the benefits of the new sourcing strategy atleast in India

Link to ET News Article
Honda's new sourcing method to cut costs - The Economic Times
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:40   #378
BHPian

Yes 2012 may be too late for price correction. More over if the news spread it may also keep prospective buyers away from Honda in 2011 in anticipation of reduced prices in 2012.

I hope the quality of product does not decrease, Mercedes Benz went through a rough patch in the late 90's because the bosses thought "Too much of quality, never gets noticed" and this was immediately reflected on the JD power surveys, again this was due to reducing quality deliberately and not because of their sourcing strategy.
Old 10th October 2010, 16:03   #379
BHPian

I am thinking of replacing my 6 year old Santro XG with Honda Jazz.

Today, I went to Ring Road Honda at Moti Nagar here in Delhi. For Jazz 1.2 vtec, on the OTR price of Rs. 8.05 lakhs, they are giving me a discount of Rs. 55k. So, the OTR price will be 7.5 lakhs. This price was quoted without any negotiation from my side.

Any idea, what other discounts/freebies I can ask for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks